• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xiraiya

tumblr_nluc0jUfLF1qk2cmjo1_1280.png

tumblr_nluc0jUfLF1qk2cmjo2_1280.png
Pat's goddamn hair, amazing.

So I'm the
Nightmare of Mensis
when I decide to whip out my sinister bell while I make progress. I'm killing monsters when I get called to someone's game, who just so happens to be fighting in the same exact spot. I consider myself lucky, and the person very unlucky as I strike her down right there.

Player messages me right after: "I'm not sure you realize, but that's kind of rude"

I was just fighting a boss where when I hit certain parts of him the explosions of blood caused the game to drop in the single digits. I was not annoyed, it was hype. I don't know why I'm giving it a pass, that would be unacceptable in most other games.
I KNOW
If this games wasn't shaping to be one of my favorite things ever, maybe, I would probably say it's shit in anything else.

To be honest, I didn't mind Blighttown in DkS either.

So I'm the
Nightmare of Mensis
when I decide to whip out my sinister bell while I make progress. I'm killing monsters when I get called to someone's game, who just so happens to be fighting in the same exact spot. I consider myself lucky, and the person very unlucky as I strike her down right there.

Player messages me right after: "I'm not sure you realize, but that's kind of rude"
Those messages are the best

Xiraiya

So I'm the
Nightmare of Mensis

Invading and killing a player is rude? I'm pretty sure that's how the game is suppose to work.
Now mind you, I agree sometimes a bit of courtesy should be expressed in a PVP environment, but when you're called INTO another person's game TO kill them, then well...

Skrams

There's an area late game that really make me afraid my PS4 is dying. It definitely has some FPS issues for sure but I can get through that. Textures disappearing though is really scaring me.

Haven't seen it happen to anyone on any streams though so I dunno. Maybe my download just fucked up or something since I was playing it while downloading it.

I don't know exactly what you mean by disappearing textures, but I have the physical version and in the process of running back to areas I've had items like sandbags physically manifest in front of me. I was stuck on something for .2 seconds at one point and then a sandbag appeared. It was weird. I don't think I've seen anything like an item completely missing its textures though. No Unreal-like pop in from what I remember at least. Just geometry disappearing.

Also a lot of moments where I can walk forward past a "line" and then buildings will appear in front of me/become more detailed. I assume that's just a poorly hidden way of keeping the game running smoothly.

Invading and killing a player is rude? I'm pretty sure that's how the game is suppose to work.
Now mind you, I agree sometimes a bit of courtesy should be expressed in a PVP environment, but when you're called INTO another person's game TO kill them, then well...

Well, it's in an area where the enemies call invading players. So I could've been nicer. But it was too good to just step aside

Xiraiya

Well, it's in an area where the enemies call invading players. So I could've been nicer. But it was too good to just step aside
I consider invading and killing without any fanfare to be more courteous thing turning it into a spectacle at their expensive.
Such as the posing stuff in DS1/2.

I don't know exactly what you mean by disappearing textures, but I have the physical version and in the process of running back to areas I've had items like sandbags physically manifest in front of me. I was stuck on something for .2 seconds at one point and then a sandbag appeared. It was weird. I don't think I've seen anything like an item completely missing its textures though. No Unreal-like pop in from what I remember at least. Just geometry disappearing.

What I mean is the ground literally disappearing out from under me and being able to see the skybox below me.

Xiraiya

In Dark Souls 2, I always bowed before and after killing players.

I found it to be a good middle ground of communicating with them without trying to antagonize them.

Unless of course they do or act in a way that leads me to believe "This is one of those people that aim to cause as much salt as possible"
That's when it goes from having a duel between men, to the simple act of wiping away some specks of dust.

In Souls PvP I try and be the most asshole like player you can be. Demon's/Dark past times involved just hiding around corners and FIRESTORM and other such tricks.
Didn't play much Dark 2 PvP, because I didn't like the game.

Numb

My boy guts will be in Death battle vs Nightmare.
SkullKnight seems more suited in this fight to me.
Just look at this guy.
tumblr_mondhjBhpw1r60ay5o1_500.gif

So sick.
fuck griffith

croten

If my internet connection wasn't shit maybe I would care about PvP in games and maybe I would have spent some time doing it in the souls games. Whenever I did play it always ended up with either me or them getting back-stabbed when the other was right in front of them. I never felt satisfied when I won or lost.

Okingjrr

Just watched the Mortal Kombat X Erron Black trailer and I realized that he's basically
Mista and Sex Pistols
from JoJo Part 5
Everybody got stands!

Numb

Just watched the Mortal Kombat X Erron Black trailer and I realized that he's basically
Mista and Sex Pistols
from JoJo Part 5
Everybody got stands!

Even Jojo will not make me pay 90 bucks for a game.
Will wait for the Komplete version with all DLC at half price.

I'm torn between these Bond movies and the cheesy gadgets and women Bond movies.

I like the direction these movies are painting the Bond novels, since it's pretty much what Nolan did to Batman, but I also want the gadgets and cool Bond stuff.

I really liked Skyfall, so I'm happy if they give more of that.

Okingjrr

I'm torn between these Bond movies and the cheesy gadgets and women Bond movies.

I like the direction these movies are painting the Bond novels, since it's pretty much what Nolan did to Batman, but I also want the gadgets and cool Bond stuff.
I haven't seen any of the older films, which I should do one day.
I rather enjoy the Craig films save for that bad one.
Even Jojo will not make me pay 90 bucks for a game.
Will wait for the Komplete version with all DLC at half price.
Fair enough.

Yes!
Rom, the Vacuous Spider,
has been slaughtered!

That first part where it warps is the most annoying because it's always far enough away to trigger the magic meteors. After that, it was easier to deal with.

And oh man, a
Bloodmoon.
And I'm...
back in the Cathedral Ward area?
What the fuck?

Bloodborne! Things just keep getting more interesting and nightmarish.

Yes!
Rom, the Vacuous Spider,
has been slaughtered!

That first part where it warps is the most annoying because it's always far enough away to trigger the magic meteors. After that, it was easier to deal with.

And oh man, a
Bloodmoon.
And I'm...
back in the Cathedral Ward area?
What the fuck?

Bloodborne! Things just keep getting more interesting and nightmarish.
Get ready for stuff to get real, I just now got through that area.

I've been stuck on the fucking
Blood Starved Beast
for 3 fucking days now. I can get to his
last form
no problem then he's just rampaging all over me. Any tips guys?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom