• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
It did, but not like modern democracy. They would actually purposefully put dictators in power if they thought the empire needed one. (although that could've been the ancient greeks, not sure)

Romans had a republic, however we take alot of cues from the roman system of politics than anything else.

Democracy was more greek than anything.

Greek, but not really the same as what we know as democracy.

Confused the Roman Republic with Ancient Greek Democracy. Thanks for clarifying. History is fucking rad if you learn it on your own instead of having it shoved down your throat in class.

Paris is really on it's toes when it comes to terrorist attacks, that's why the military, not the cops are around tourist hotspots as well as in the big underground stations.

Yup, keep to yourself and be as prepared as possible to figure out things on your own, or you will be proper fucked.

That said, I wouldn't mind guiding you frienders around

Are you gonna tell us to Drop Our Shield? Paris is pretty much a Dark Souls city.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
ugh im listening to the podcast and its awesome but they get to smash again and talk about stuff they just dont know, or I would think they should have known being huge smash fans that they're, the reason for the banned thing was because of TAUNT PARTIIES which was a HUGE PROBLEM in brawl online where people would just fuck around and when a player who just wanted to fight does that, all the other players would gang up on him, I was one of the first things they pointed out in the smash direct because it was such a huge problem, the problem is they spend so much time, especially Liam on things in smash they just dont know about, this week and last week aswell as the impressions and its so cringeworthy to have to sit through.

Ugh, not looking forward to more Smash complaining. =/

Okingjrr

Confused the Roman Republic with Ancient Greek Democracy. Thanks for clarifying. History is fucking rad if you learn it on your own instead of having it shoved down your throat in class.

Are you gonna tell us to Drop Our Shield? Paris is pretty much a Dark Souls city.

Exactly.
I'll give you some of the most godlike pro-tips you've ever heard!

Edit : Going out for a bit. BRB

joe2187

Banned

You know whats better than learning history?

SCIENCE!

Watching Cosmos makes me feel so Insignificant and at the same time inspiring as fuck.

Neil Degrasse Tyson is basically Kamina.

SCIENCE!
Watching Cosmos makes me feel so Insignificant and at the same time inspiring as fuck.

If there was a Cosmos equivalent of historical events, I'd watch that shit all day.
The Histroy channel doesn't do accurate and stylish historical stories anymore.
Now, It's all polish and weak shit substance and reality shows.

If there was a Cosmos equivalent of historical events, I'd watch that shit all day.

Poland has some sick history yo, but I guess you could learn more from Polandball than THC.

Netprints

SCIENCE!

I started to watch this on Netflix its really good. I recall some of this stuff from school but other things are just mind blowing. I am impressed by the people to first discover the fundamental laws and rules of the cosmos without the use of modern technology. Its really amazing

Oh I forgot Pawn Stars is a thc show. Dat pun tho.

Also Here's some Far Cry 4 footage. Those fucking eagles lol. Amazing

Edit: Accelerating and steering were both mapped to the left stick, fucking hell Ubi. They either went full retard or didn't bother to change the controls from pc. While the latter would be hilarious for to pc gamers, it just shouldn't have been like that.

joe2187

Banned

WWII in HD is really really good.

joe2187

Banned
I've heard the same thing about Vietnam in HD, I haven't watched either yet. While the people are real, the storytelling seems so over the top and dramatic that it minimizes the actual people that are being showcased.

Yeah they go a bit heavy handed on those parts, but they make up for it with interviews from the survivors themselves.

Also Life has returned to Sony

Oh man, GTO theme as the closing song for the podcast, amazing!

Also Life has returned to Sony

What a mysterious game

No, I didn't. Mostly walked and used the tram as means of transport.
Jeez I didn't know that! Then again, there were a shit ton of bikes so it makes sense.
Imagine the amount spooky scary skeletons that rode their bikes in those waters :p

C'mon stop being ridiculous!

Skeletons run before they'd use a bicycle, a bone could get stuck in a gear.

I'm like 30 minutes into FFXIII on PC.

My first impressions are that the battle system is good, though inferior to Chrono Trigger, and that the music is good. It also looks kinda pretty. Perhaps this is proof that I am a simple man, one appeased by the simple things in life, who can mindlessly play videogames when he is bored, but I am enjoying playing this.

I'm like 30 minutes into FFXIII on PC.

My first impressions are that the battle system is good, though inferior to Chrono Trigger, and that the music is good. It also looks kinda pretty. Perhaps this is proof that I am a simple man, one appeased by the simple things in life, who can mindlessly play videogames when he is bored, but I am enjoying playing this.

Judge it on it's own merits. It's very flawed, but was it as shit as people claimed it was upon release? I don't think so anymore.

I'm glad someone else hopped onboard this shitstorm boat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom