• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

AggroWill

Neo Member
Today I learned that Kamiya literally works in a Wonderful 101 level.

Mwg2afk.jpg

Mang Aaron, u lazy, meter should be especially easy to get when one meter is roughly 1.1 yards.

Then again you can blame the system that uses feet for measurements even when the measured object/distance is dozens of them

Don't blame him. He's not responsible for the American education system being the way it is.

The classic series has the same problem. It's not as bad as the Sigma stages, but it's still a quite a jump in difficulty.
Classic Megaman always seemed to be a lot more challenging in each level, rather than going insane in the Wily levels. I think Shpvel Knight is the best gap in difficulty I've seen in a Megaman game, where the final levels are really awesome while still feeling really hard.
Well, fuck. I defeated too many mavericks so I can't get all the Zero parts. Time to start over..
I hate that mechanic so much.

Homeschooled. My mom just hates math so she never taught it to me growing up.

If you know how to add, subtract, multiply, divide, and convert fractions and decimals, you'll be alright.

The rest of it is theory stuff. Pythagorean theorem is used by people who're civil engineers or such.

Whoa, that improper passing. Nigga would be put on the bench for that.
And what's up with the static offense? No one is moving. Defense seems to be playing a "Give up the rim for free defense" that we all knows works to completely perfection every single time.

That improper passing saves the day all the time, son! They have no other choice but to allow him to pass his own way, because of actual reasons.

And it's all happening so fast they have no time to react, that's why it simply looks like they're doing nothing! These are highly realistic games, obviously. Super accurate to how basketball is actually played!
I wish.

Today I learned that Kamiya literally works in a Wonderful 101 level.

That's radical. If only it could turn into a mech.

Classic Megaman always seemed to be a lot more challenging in each level, rather than going insane in the Wily levels. I think Shpvel Knight is the best gap in difficulty I've seen in a Megaman game, where the final levels are really awesome while still feeling really hard.

IIRC the wily stages don't jump in difficulty like the Sigma stages do, but I think that's just because the regular X stages are really easy compared to the Classic stages.

IIRC the wily stages don't jump in difficulty like the Sigma stages do, but I think that's just because the regular X stages are really easy compared to the Classic stages.
Classic Megaman always seemed to be a lot more challenging in each level, rather than going insane in the Wily levels.
Lol. I could've been clearer.
You think it doesn't?
I wonder if the building is made of
somebody's mom.

kewlmyc

Lets hope. Every time Arcsys has dubbed anything it's been terrible. Have you heard the BlazBlue English voices? It's atrocious.

I wouldn't say that. Blazblue has a mix of great and terrible voices. Like I think Ragna, Jin, Noel, Rachel, Tager, and Hakumen have great voices. Bang has like 3 different voices and only 1 of them is any good. Hazama has 2 and only one of them is good. I haven't played CP yet, so can't comment on any of those.

Squishy3

I wouldn't say that. Blazblue has a mix of great and terrible voices. Like I think Ragna, Jin, Rachel, Tager, and Hakumen have great voices. Bang has like 3 different voices and only 1 of them is any good. Hazama has 2 and only one of them is good. I haven't played CP yet, so can't comment on any of those.
You'd think they would just use Jin and distort his voice for Hakumen.

Fuck Blazblue. POS.

kewlmyc

Really? I thought those were all some of the worst. Especially Ragna.

No one can match Sugita's Ragna, for sure, but English Ragna isn't bad at all. He sounds a little gruff at times, but he's still good imo. Maybe I'm just more easily pleased when it comes to dubs. Hell, I think DanganRonpa 1 and 2 have good dubs, and I know I'm in a minority on that.

kewlmyc

Ah, I see. You're clearly insane.
Jokes
But not really, you cray cray, mang.

Haha, yeah. I have low standards for dubs. As long as they aren't Higurashi levels of bad, I'll probably be okay with them. They will never be as good as the original audio, but I won't scream from the heavens that they're terrible.

Dlent

Really? I thought those were all some of the worst. Especially Ragna.

It was pretty hilarious in pre-patch CP where every other English line was a swear. It's the only example I can think of where a character had to have their voice clips changed a bit because it was too over the top. It was fantastic.

Xiraiya

So I get to Lost Izalith to get the 4th Lord Soul, and I'm now surrounded by what I can only describe as a bunch of demons that look like Metal Gear Rex.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom