• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shackzam

Your logical reason is that you both like anime and that SHE started talking to YOU in the first place. Just say "Hey, want to talk about anime some more?" or "Hey, it was nice talking to you before, want to talk some more?". You're just handicapping yourself by thinking you have no reason to talk to her. Nigga, just say "Yo what's up bae, I liked conversing with you the other day, Nahmean? We should hook up and converse some more kind of like on a date, ya dig?" It's no shame to go hard an put in some effort even if you don't know her so well, after all, the whole point is to get to know her better right? Right?

You already got no, the only thing that might change is that she might say yes. Nothing will happen if you do nothing, that is the only certainty you have.

Also RelationshipAdviceGAF, we've truly done it all.
Okay you've pushed me to do it
because you are right about it handicapping myself
. Ill contact her over the weekend, right now I'll play my newly acquired evil within.

Live show and the move are kinda overwhelming. Thanks for stopping by!

Btw nobody blames you guys, it's all in good humour. :)

So, we're coping with the move pretty well, all things considered. It was bound to happen eventually.

How does one follow the GB crew? They're just as overwhelming to catch up on as the Best Friends can be.

We pre-empt it by introducing their best content in the OP.

Guys... No, don't cross post, this is just begging for trouble.

These are words in a sentence, yes. What?

ff2c0qtw.jpg

It was deconfirmed as people thought the trailer was too ridiculous.

croten

Live show and the move are kinda overwhelming. Thanks for stopping by!

Btw nobody blames you guys, it's all in good humour. :)

So, we're coping with the move pretty well, all things considered. It was bound to happen eventually.

Thanks but I feel a little guilty I guess, we are the most off topic thread on gaf for a reason I suppose

Gamer Y

I don't even know what giant bomb is, I've heard of them but nothing more than that. I guess they do stuff similar that the zaibatsu cover?

I don't even know what giant bomb is, I've heard of them but nothing more than that. I guess they do stuff similar that the zaibatsu cover?

They're basically what the Zaibatsu do, except they have a bigger audience.
The Zaibatsu need the push that Gerstmann gave GB.

I heard about Giant Bomb through the Friendcast. So yeah.

So is this the start of the next timeskip war? This time it is with an outside source and we were made stronger due to enduring the first war so we can now overcome?

Gamer Y

Giant bomb is a game journalist site started by jeff gerstmann

its pretty great

They're basically what the Zaibatsu do, except they have a bigger audience.
The Zaibatsu need the push that Gerstmann gave GB.

I believe that they are a bunch of game journalists that talk about video games. Apparently Pat is turning into one of the current members.
Ah I see. I guess need to check them out, thanks frienders!

daydream

Banned
How does one follow the GB crew? They're just as overwhelming to catch up on as the Best Friends can be.

We pre-empt it by introducing their best content in the OP.

Hmm, well, if I had to summarise it: The main output these days consists of the weekly podcast (Giant Bombcast) and Quick Looks (commentated videos on new releases) which are about 30-60min long on average. The site runs on a premium model on top of that, subscribing gives you access to Premium videos which can range from playthroughs (stuff like Demon Souls, DMC1, Bioforge, etc.) of whole games to one-offs to other series like Pathfinder (crew plays board games) or Demo Derby (Dan & Drew play old demo discs).

There's obviously a huge video archive to dig through with lots of old features (Random PC Game, Load Our Last Save, Endurance Run, This Ain't No Game, etc.) that are discontinued in favour of other stuff. Ultimately, though, your enjoyment of the site will solely hinge on how much you enjoy the personalities, the humour, etc. I reckon it's not too different for SBF.

That would just make any potential Megathread unfollowable, 2fast2furious.

With the 2 fan bases combined…

WE COULD OVERTAKE NEOGAF!

Hmm, well, if I had to summarise it: The main output these days consists of the weekly podcast (Giant Bombcast) and Quick Looks (commentated videos on new releases) which are about 30-60min long on average. The site runs on a premium model on top of that, subscribing gives you access to Premium videos which can range from playthroughs (stuff like Demon Souls, DMC1, Bioforge, etc.) of whole games to one-offs to other series like Pathfinder (crew plays board games) or Demo Derby (Dan & Drew play old demo discs).

There's obviously a huge video archive to dig through with lots of old features (Random PC Game, Load Our Last Save, Endurance Run, This Ain't No Game, etc.) that are discontinued in favour of other stuff. Ultimately, though, your enjoyment of the site will solely hinge on how much you enjoy the personalities, the humour, etc. I reckon it's not too different for SBF.

IF you're interested, the OP has some Best Friend one-off from Machinima that showcase the kind of humor the Zaibatsu do.
I've seen some Quick Looks. I like the daft humor Patrick(I think that's his name) brings to the videos. I always appreciate a good smartass.

Ultimately, though, your enjoyment of the site will solely hinge on how much you enjoy the personalities, the humour, etc. I reckon it's not too different for SBF.

I will warn Zaibatsu fans that there is much less yelling at each other (based on their podcast), but most of them have magnificent voices so it balances out.

I've only been listening for a few weeks but I enjoy their content a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom