• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just play persona 4, watch at least one incest anime, go to australia/jail at least once and regurgitate SBF memes every now and then. Once you do that, you're up to date with 80% of the conversations here.

I beat persona 4 and I'm already half way into golden. I'm a total pleb when it comes to anime, in the past 10 years I have liked one episode of attack on titan and persona 4 the animation

I really like dota so its kind of hard for me not to bring it up some times when people are talking about mutliplayer games so when I do bring it up its my bad.

There are a couple MOBA fans in here. I think Gentle Rodriguez and Chaobreaker play DotA. I played the game for about 80 hours and realized that it wasn't for me.

There are a couple MOBA fans in here. I think Gentle Rodriguez and Chaobreaker play DotA. I played the game for about 80 hours and realized that it wasn't for me.

Took you 80 hrs to realize this???

I beat persona 4 and I'm already half way into golden. I'm a total pleb when it comes to anime, in the past 10 years I have liked one episode of attack on titan and persona 4 the animation

What about slice of life animu or shonen animu? Do you like DBZ?

All 3 very large categories man.

What are your specific genres/tastes?

BESTGAF talks about a whole lot here.

Were open to new stuff for the most part.

Easier question, what do you like about the Best Friends that they touch on?

Single player shooters, platformers and rpgs at this point.

I know, but when I tend to miss it because A. school, in the future it will be a job at a grocery store or C. I forget to go on neogaf for a day.

I do kinda like platinum games and persona and thats about it.

Zenfalcia

It's cool that some lurkers are coming out and posting now.

Edit: looks like there was a small invasion on GB's thread. GJ guys. It's a fun read.

Video games, film and music and thats it.

But mostly I play don't play games that the people in these threads tend to play (jrpgs and fighitng games)

I really like dota so its kind of hard for me not to bring it up some times when people are talking about mutliplayer games so when I do bring it up its my bad
I used to play a lot of MOBAs but all my friends started playing ranked modes and what not when I just wanted to play casually for fun. I still like them and occasionally play a quick match or two of league but I have sent almost no time with DOTA and the little interface changes always cause hang ups for me

Took you 80 hrs to realize this???

What about slice of life animu or shonen animu? Do you like DBZ?

dota is a game that doesn't click with you for about 100 hours in because you are still learning the mechanics and how the game works

Aside from persona 4 the animation I never watched anything slice of life related. I really liked dragon ball as a kid and then I grew up and watched it again and I realized that its pretty shitty, dragon ball z abridged is pretty good though.

Anime pleb huh? Hmm...
Do you like giant mechs, drills and tons of hype?

Not really, I didn't like pacific rim and I thought the new godzilla movie was pretty shit.

One game of Dota2 takes around 45-60 minutes. Also, I had friends pressuring me to play.

Oh. Sorry. Wasn't having a go at you.
I was surprised. It took me all of a couple hours and a 1 week trial of WoW for me to say "no thank you".
Are MOBAs addictive?

Single player shooters, platformers and rpgs at this point.

I know, but when I tend to miss it because A. school, in the future it will be a job at a grocery store or C. I forget to go on neogaf for a day.

I do kinda like platinum games and persona and thats about it.

I like CoD, CS, Mario, and tons of RPGs as well.
Just make a topic about whatever and let the conversation flow.

dota is a game that doesn't click with you for about 100 hours in because you are still learning the mechanics and how the game works

Aside from persona 4 the animation I never watched anything slice of life related. I really liked dragon ball as a kid and then I grew up and watched it again and I realized that its pretty shitty, dragon ball z abridged is pretty good though.

Not really, I didn't like pacific rim and I thought the new godzilla movie was pretty shit.

100 hours?! I don't know where I'd find that kind of time.

id watch yourself if i were you
else youll be thrown into the woolie hole(by woolie)

I was surprised. It took me all of a couple hours and a 1 week trial of WoW for me to say "no thank you".
Are MOBAs addictive?

No, it's fine. It's no surprise that people who aren't familiar with MOBAs find that ridiculous. It's addicting to say the least. I have a friend who plays that game every day. Up to 1300+ hours. I played it on and off for 80 hours and decided to just quit. The games were too long and quite frustrating. The community is also pretty toxic.

Shit...well, I'd still recommend trying out Gurren Lagann. Don't necessarily have to be a mech fan, just need to love the hype it brings.

If he didn't like DBZs absurd power level BS, I don't think he'll like Gurren.

No, it's fine. It's no surprise that people who aren't familiar with MOBAs find that ridiculous. It's addicting to say the least. I have a friend who plays that game every day. Up to 1300+ hours. I played it on and off for 80 hours and decided to just quit. The games were too long and quite frustrating. The community is also pretty toxic.

That doesn't sound like fun though, committing so much time to one particular game in general.

Is that for competitive tournament play or just for exhibitions?

Are MOBAs addictive?addictive?

I like CoD, CS, Mario, and tons of RPGs as well.
Just make a topic about whatever and let the conversation flow.

100 hours?! I don't know where I'd find that kind of time.

"Are MOBAs addictive?"
Haha.

"I like CoD, CS, Mario, and tons of RPGs as well.
Just make a topic about whatever and let the conversation flow."

Speaking of mario, I'm gonna be honest, I haven't played a nintendo game I liked in years.

"100 hours?! I don't know where I'd find that kind of time."
Dota eats your time like breakfast. 100 hours isn't much in the grand scheme of things.

That doesn't sound like fun though, committing so much time to one particular game in general.

Is that for competitive tournament play or just for exhibitions?

It's fun to them. I'd rather spend time playing through other games I've missed. It's like MMOs. People spend their lives on it.

It can be both. Some people party up and play in teams and other just match up with randoms. It's all ranked. You can play against bots, but not many people do. Playing with randoms is generally a bad idea. Most people are assholes and will give you shit for messing up even the slightest thing.

"Are MOBAs addictive?"
Haha.

"I like CoD, CS, Mario, and tons of RPGs as well.
Just make a topic about whatever and let the conversation flow."

Speaking of mario, I'm gonna be honest, I haven't played a nintendo game I liked in years.

Dota eats your time like breakfast. 100 hours isn't much in the grand scheme of things.

Fuck me. I'm not committing hours like that if there's no payoff. At least RPGs have a finite conclusion to their grinding bullshit. I can't do it if it's a MOBA or MMO.

If you have a Wii U, 3D Worlds is one of the better Mario games and difficult too. About MARIO 3 difficult.

It's fun to them. I'd rather spend time playing through other games I've missed. It's like MMOs. People spend their lives on it.

It can be both. Some people party up and play in teams and other just match up with randoms. It's all ranked. You can play against bots, but not many people do. Playing with randoms is generally a bad idea. Most people are assholes and will give you shit for messing up even the slightest thing.

See above. Whatever keeps people sane.

A community like that would frustrate me super much. Even the Dark Souls community people can be real pricks if you don't figure something out immediately like they do.

That's the thing. He liked DBZ as a kid, but now realized it's shit. I like DBZ purely due to nostalgia and acknowledge it's a crappy show. Maybe he'd watch TTGL, which is the same thing only not shitty, and it could spark that childhood adoration of insane powerlevels and sick battles.

I didn't like DBZ cause it dragged on and I felt like none of the fights or any of that power level bullshit and any sort of weight to it. Like the spend the end of the first season and the entirety second season building up how fucking strong and terrifying frieza is and it takes 4 fucking hours of footage for goku to kill him. And then in the 3rd season trunks kills him in 6 seconds.

Rutti

"Are MOBAs addictive?"

Yea. 100 hours is tipping your toes in Dota. I was still learning new things after 500 hours (1100+ currently, altho I play casually nowdays).

Also if you are looking some more grounded action anime that isn't too "anime" you could take a look at stuff like Darker Than Black.

You can add fighting games to that list then. It takes thousands of hours to become a world class fighter and the training never stops.

Neither of those games are difficult. At all.

3d worlds Mario picks up after that thing in space.
Mario 3, if you don't use the whistle, can be a challenging game.

I do play smash sometimes obsessively, so you've got a point there.
I also played Warcraft 1 and 2 and Tides of Darkness obsessively.

Fuck me. I'm not committing hours like that if there's no payoff. At least RPGs have a finite conclusion to their grinding bullshit. I can't do it if it's a MOBA or MMO.

If you have a Wii U, 3D Worlds is one of the better Mario games and difficult too. About MARIO 3 difficult.

The pay off is getting good and having that perfect fucking match, literally my favorite moments in any game ever are mostly great dota matches.

I'm gonna have to buy a wii u to play bayo so maybe ill buy a mario game or two.

See above. Whatever keeps people sane.

A community like that would frustrate me super much. Even the Dark Souls community people can be real pricks if you don't figure something out immediately like they do.

Oh man, you don't even know. Think about the absolute worst community you know of. I guarantee that the MOBA community is worse. Of course, there are a lot of good and friendly people in the community, but it's a minority. I could probably write an essay on how bad their community is.

The pay off is getting good and having that perfect fucking match, literally my favorite moments in any game ever are mostly great dota matches.

I'm gonna have to buy a wii u to play bayo so maybe ill buy a mario game or two.

Psssssssst, hey, don't forget Wonderful 101. Okay bye.

Oh my god. Oh my god, I want to recommend Gurren Lagann so badly now. Someone stop me.

NO AGI NO DON'T DO IT, what if he
doesn't like it.
It would be crushing

Oh man, you don't even know. Think about the absolute worst community you know of. I guarantee that the MOBA community is worse. Of course, there are a lot of good and friendly people in the community, but it's a minority. I could probably write an essay on how bad their community is.

Why is that? Why is their community so hostile?

I don't mind missing out. I don't have that type of time commitment.

3D worlds, plus the Mario games on the store, plus Bayo and smash, are gonna be so sweet to play!

Never solo queue in dota, its litearlly the worst way to play that game and it blows my mind how people can spend 2k hours playing nothing but solo queue for that game.

Psssssssst, hey, don't forget Wonderful 101. Okay bye.

NO AGI NO DON'T DO IT, what if he
doesn't like it.
It would be crushing

I won't it looks cool

even if I watch and like gurren theirs a small chance that I'll finish it. I don't finish about 90% of the shows I start to watch.

Why is that? Why is their community so hostile?

Wasting time. In MOBAs the matches can vary in length from 30-60 minutes. That's a lot of fucking time for just one game. MOBAs are team based games meaning you can't carry a team by yourself. Even having one weak link could cost you the game. So if you're playing like shit and causing your team to lose then people will be fucking pissed. Why? Because you're wasting their time. They can't leave the game either because you get penalized for it. That's one of the reasons.

Never solo queue in dota, its litearlly the worst way to play that game and it blows my mind how people can spend 2k hours playing nothing but solo queue for that game.

Oh, I know. I know all too well. You want to have at least 2 other players you know with you.

8tRyX4W.png

stolen from reddit
also I love how our pushing of Gurren Lagann on Mara has caused him to push the show the hardest out of everyone here.

8tRyX4W.png

stolen from reddit
also I love how our pushing of Gurren Lagann on Mara has cause him to push the show the hardest out of everyone here.

PATSONNNAAAAAAAAA

Wasting time. In MOBAs the matches can vary in length from 30-60 minutes. That's a lot of fucking time for just one game. MOBAs are team based games meaning you can't carry a team by yourself. Even having one weak link could cost you the game. So if you're playing like shit and causing your team to lose then people will be fucking pissed. Why? Because you're wasting their time. They can't leave the game either because you get penalized for it. That's one of the reasons.
Oh, I know. I know all too well. You want to have at least 2 other players you know with you.

That doesn't give me any incentive to try a MOBA if when I fuck up my first time I'm going to get screamed at. I don't want to deal with unreasonable people in team based games. I had that issue in CS, which kept me out of a HS community of guys I went to school with. Some people become impatient and stubborn assholes on the computer.

Yo misses bull here's a quick list of anime to consider or will be recommended by BestGAF:

• Gurren Lagann - Action/Super Robot 27 episodes
  • JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - Action/Spoopy 24 episodes for season 1, season 2 is underway on break
  • Berserk - Action/Horror ~24 episodes
  • Hajime no Ippo - Boxing/Hype
  • Kuroko no Basket - Basketball
  • Monster - Drama 70 episodes
  • Aldnoah Zero - Drama/Mecha 12 episodes for part 1, part 2 in January
  • Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun - Comedy/Romance Parody 12 episodes
  • Nichijou - Comedy
  • Evangelion - Action/Mecha 26 episodes

*Pssst* You guys should play league with me.
I'm the only who plays it here and I feel alone.

I don't have a computer suitable for it(Mac owner) and I don't want to be yelled at.

naw, thats not good enough. You need 5 stacks all the time with communication from fucking everyone. If someone isn't communicating 100% of the time they are a weak link.

Oh fuck, I can feel the yelling right now.

even if I watch and like gurren theirs a small chance that I'll finish it. I don't finish about 90% of the shows I start to watch.
That's totally fair. Some other things you could check out is FLCL since it's only 6 episodes. There's also Nichijou which seems like cutesy shit but is actually dumb shit.
EDIT: Damn Glass beat me good.

I love whoever took the time to do this

ok guys about to start P4G
should i use a guide or wait till NG+
keep in mind ive already played the original
Go ahead and use a guide if you really want to. You cannot be spoiled now anyways

Yo misses bull here's a quick list of anime to consider or will be recommended by BestGAF:

• JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - Action/Spoopy 24 episodes for season 1, season 2 is underway on break
  • Nichijou - Comedy
I'll watch one of these one day. I can't promise I'll ever get around to it, still need to watch the wire.

Xux

• Nichijou - Comedy

• The Big O - Noir/Giant Robot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom