• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

360pages

It's an easy way to increase the difficulty of the games. That's the appeal.

I know the appeal, but it has always been more fun to watch a Nuzlock then playing one for me at least.

Then again, TBF nuzlock was pretty bad. Barely any cutting, not danger, and it didn't move swift enough. Since they really didn't know the game that well. (No you don't know Liam!) a normal playthough would have been fine.

Projared has amazing nuzlocks and Chugga I think does great regular playthroughs.

I think they should save Nuzlocks for games they know well.

Nordicus

Maybe I should give it another look. It did feel super jank when I tried it for like 45 minutes, so maybe it deserves another try.
Yeah, when I first played Judgment, not only did he feel slow, he felt so slow that I thought he'd be downright impossible to play as and win.

Then I noticed that just about every attack has an ideal distance and situation for its use. I'll use Judgement's 3 heavy stance side-attacks as example:

Normal: - Takes a few steps to the side, also allowing you to guide it a bit, and takes a wide swing. Good for flanking an enemy with a damaging attack when they're stuck in their attack own animation. You can also chain these left and right, zigzagging behind your enemy and constantly keeping them from properly realigning with you.

Half-charge: - Does 2-handed swing on the spot to the side. Heavy damage, good for punishing someone coming straight at you, a defensive move. There are faster, "safer" attacks for this in terms of start-up frames, but because this is a Heavy Stance move, it can not be parried mid-swing, merely interrupted

Full charge: - Almost complete circle slash, the damage is tremendous and is likely to end a round, if not, then enemy is knocked down on their ass at the far corner of arena, or staggered from the parry. If they're knocked down, use a throwing weapon and GG

Hmm... Woolie is dropping down the Zaibatsu power rankings for being a Zeon fanboy. But I totally agree with his "fuck Kira Yamato" sentiment.

Pokemon games look really hard to LP. It's a simple system, but you would have to keep entertained for a little bit of change, and going in blind with no knowledge of the battle system can be really, really annoying to watch. It's not completely told to you. It's not completely easy to pick up on. And you would have to read.

Oh no, the reading.

I need to find another online hangout, I'm leading the shame car once again.

Man, I spend too much time with you nerds!

i like all of ya too much,

Zenfalcia

Oh, now we're in community. I think it was due to a few people complaining when they mistook this as super smash. We almost got away with it if it weren't for those meddling kids! Still trying to fruitfully catch up on the thread.

Edit: Looks like other people said the exact same thing. Whatever...

360pages

Everyone lost and can't find the topic. Even though they would just have to visit their recent post to do so...

Also, still thinking up ideas for writing.

Aww yeah. Tbh I was afraid I was just remembering it being good and considering it the best due to hype. I'm glad multiple people have stated they also think it's rad.

Everyone lost and can't find the topic. Even though they would just have to visit their recent post to do so...

Also, still thinking up ideas for writing.

Would you like to shamelessly steal and adapt one of my shitty ideas from when I was younger into something not garbage?

Alfebit

Banned
Oh, now we're in community. I think it was due to a few people complaining when they mistook this as super smash. We almost got away with it if it weren't for those meddling kids! Still trying to fruitfully catch up on the thread.

We got 2 mods to visit. It was pretty cool.

They were thinking about it for a month or two already, so it was just timing more than anything, although I guess those comments did help push things along. Still don't get why people make such a big deal out of it though, not our fault they can't read.

But yeah, internet, it likes to ruin itself.

Alfebit

Banned
If you want to talk about your disorder, my PM box is open.

I'm not a licensed Doktor but I have a very good active listening ear.

Nah, I'm okay. Thanks for the offer, though. If I feel I need someone to talk to, it's nice to know there's always a friender to listen.

360pages

Aww yeah. Tbh I was afraid I was just remembering it being good and considering it the best due to hype. I'm glad multiple people have stated they also think it's rad.

Would you like to shamelessly steal and adapt one of my shitty ideas from when I was younger into something not garbage?

That's what I live for, I take ideas that I think are done poorly and try to write them better.

I need to find another online hangout, I'm leading the shame car once again.

Man, I spend too much time with you nerds!

i like all of ya too much,

Oh god, I'm 5th. I never asked for this.

This probably the best community I've ever been in. Everyone here is super cool and nice. Just a bunch of awesome people.

You're a pretty swell guy as well Tobey, but we will always remember the day you parted the cheeks and showed us your true self

Dammit! One time!
One accident!

Nah, I'm okay. Thanks for the offer, though. If I feel I need someone to talk to, it's nice to know there's always a friender to listen.

My rates are cheaper than any shrink you could ever go to.

Oh god, I'm 5th. I never asked for this.

This probably the best community I've ever been in. Everyone here is super cool and nice. Just a bunch of awesome people.

I try my best, even with my penchant for trouble and my short temper.

Like I said before, I try to be a decent person and Let the chips fall where they may.

I've been here for a little over a month and I already like it way more then the other forums I go to. Wish I had more stuff in common with you guys so I could say more shit.

What are you interested in? I'm sure we have something in common. No MOBAs, though.
I kid, but not a lot of us care for it.

Rutti

I like it here too even if I don't post that much. This thread was primarily an attempt to get away from my lurking habits. It's somewhat successful.

I've been here for a little over a month and I already like it way more then the other forums I go to. Wish I had more stuff in common with you guys so I could say more shit.

Just talk about whatever, either there'll be someone who's into it as well or you might get new people into it. This thread is pretty open to trying new things.

That said I feel kind of lost whenever we PersonaGAF, since I'm not really into jrpg's (I've tried playing The Last Remnant like 3 times now, still so confused by the start that I just end up playing something else instead.) However, there is always something I can chime in on and there is always the daily dose of SBFP, of course.

Tel us what you're into. We can find something.

Video games, film and music and thats it.

But mostly I play don't play games that the people in these threads tend to play (jrpgs and fighitng games)

What are you interested in? I'm sure we have something in common. No MOBAs, though.
I kid, but not a lot of us care for it.

I really like dota so its kind of hard for me not to bring it up some times when people are talking about mutliplayer games so when I do bring it up its my bad.

Just talk about whatever, either there'll be someone who's into it as well or you might get new people into it. This thread is pretty open to trying new things.

That said I feel kind of lost whenever we PersonaGAF, since I'm not really into jrpg's (I've tried playing The Last Remnant like 3 times now, still so confused by the start that I just end up playing something else instead.) However, there is always something I can chime in on and there is always the daily dose of SBFP, of course.

Persona 4 is the only jrpg to hold my attention longer then the 10 hour mark so its bascially one of the few on going decisions I can't chime in on at this point, also I bring it up sometimes so I apologize in advance.

so i finally beat P3P
i said fuck it and went into monad as a lv 69
came out as a lv 88 then proceeded to wreck
Nyx's
shit with Hellel
almost got the colorless mask but didnt max Aeon slink(had to choose between Empress and Aeon)
so who moved us to community while i got revenge on
Nyx
for bodying me in the original?

Video games, film and music and thats it.

But mostly I play don't play games that the people in these threads tend to play (jrpgs and fighitng games)

All 3 very large categories man.

What are your specific genres/tastes?

BESTGAF talks about a whole lot here.

Were open to new stuff for the most part.

Easier question, what do you like about the Best Friends that they touch on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom