• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yo misses bull here's a quick list of anime to consider or will be recommended by BestGAF:

• Gurren Lagann - Action/Super Robot 27 episodes
  • JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - Action/Spoopy 24 episodes for season 1, season 2 is underway on break
  • Berserk - Action/Horror ~24 episodes
  • Hajime no Ippo - Boxing/Hype
  • Kuroko no Basket - Basketball
  • Monster - Drama 70 episodes
  • Aldnoah Zero - Drama/Mecha 12 episodes for part 1, part 2 in January
  • Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun - Comedy/Romance Parody 12 episodes
  • Nichijou - Comedy
  • Evangelion - Action/Mecha 26 episodes
  • Shin Mazinger Shougeki Z-Hen - Action/Super Robot 26 Episodes

I've been lax in pushing Mazinger lately, I need to fix that.

I'll watch one of these one day. I can't promise I'll ever get around to it, still need to watch the wire.

I'm just getting the anime recommendations out of the way. And I need to get to the Wire as well, I'm just dreading starting 40-50 minute shows. I just started Misfits and that's a British show.

• Shin Mazinger Shougeki Z-Hen - Action/Super Robot 26 Episodes

I've been lax in pushing Mazinger lately, I need to fix that.

I was debating adding an "ask Arclight for a Super Robot anime" point

It really depends on who you play with. If your friends are chill then you'll probably have a good time. If not then prepare to be yelled at.

Playing with people you know personally is a good way to cut down on the yelling, unless they're dicks.

None of my friends are gamers tho...

I'm the only person in my immediate circle of friends who's a jock and watching anime/plays niche games.

Everyone else is a former jock. They're not often big into video games or watching the animes.

They like paintball, sports, and hitting on girls.

I'm just getting the anime recommendations out of the way. And I need to get to the Wire as well, I'm just dreading starting 40-50 minute shows. I just started Misfits and that's a British show.

I was debating adding an "ask Arclight for a Super Robot anime" point

Naw its cool, I love having people recommend me shit, it shows they care. I'm only 2 seasons into the wire and I'm still dodging spoilers.

I'm the only person in my immediate circle of friends who's a jock and watching anime/plays niche games.

Everyone else is a former jock. They're not often big into video games or watching the animes.

They like paintball, sports, and hitting on girls.

Well you can use internet buddies to play with. That would be my second option if my IRL friends didn't like dota.

That doesn't give me any incentive to try a MOBA if when I fuck up my first time I'm going to get screamed at. I don't want to deal with unreasonable people in team based games. I had that issue in CS, which kept me out of a HS community of guys I went to school with. Some people become impatient and stubborn assholes on the computer.

MOBAs are not a beginner friendly game. I actually did research and shit. Made sure I was properly informed before I started. Do you know that people still yell at you if you do bad against bots. AGAINST BOTS.

Everyone else is a former jock.

It's fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine. Us Frienders have you covered.

Alfebit

Banned
8tRyX4W.png

stolen from reddit
also I love how our pushing of Gurren Lagann on Mara has caused him to push the show the hardest out of everyone here.

Why is Pat everyone? What is this, Kingdom Hearts?

MOBAs are not a beginner friendly game. I actually did research and shit. Made sure I was properly informed before I started. Do you know that people still yell at you if you do bad against bots. AGAINST BOTS.

It's fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine. Us Frienders have you covered.

Oh fuck that sounds super surrious you guys.

That's why I love this community: I can weeb out and not feel weird about it.

if Pats Sora then whos Riku and Kairi

Matt.

There's an email tag in this quote for newbs that links to a Google Doc for 3DS Friender code swaps and PhantomGaming and PompadorParagon manage the Super Best Friends Steam group for when Frienders want to throw down in PC Skullgirls and USFIV.

Zenfalcia

Oh fuck that sounds super surrious you guys.

That's why I love this community: I can weeb out and not feel weird about it.

It's fineee.. Just don't care. Also git gud.

In this community we weird you out!
Seriously, it's gotten really creepy at times. In the best way. heh.

OH SHIT WE IN COMMUNITY NOW. WE IN THERE.

Not enough people pushing the following:

• Cowboy Bebop
  • Space Dandy
  • Samurai Champloo
  • Akira
  • FMA: Brotherhood
  • Hellsing: Ultimate
  • Golden Boy
  • Outlaw Star
  • Great Teacher Onizuka
  • Cromartie High
  • Colorful
  • Barefoot Gen
  • Ghost In The Shell series plus Stand Alone Complex
  • GANTZ
  • FLCL
  • Trigun

Also, holy goddamn shit at Pat and Matt playing Alien: Isolation, amazing. 2spoopy.

Zenfalcia

OH SHIT WE IN COMMUNITY NOW. WE IN THERE.

Not enough people pushing the following:

Also, holy goddamn shit at Pat and Matt playing Alien: Isolation, amazing. 2spoopy.

I could push some mangas if anyone really cares, but I don't want to force anyone to read anything.

It really isn't. It's just terrible. Terrible.

It is terrible.

like the heated life vs hometown debates? That's maximum hype level right there.

Those were da bess.

DMC2 doesnt exist man we've been over this
You're right I'm sorry. I must be remembering a fever dream.

There's an email tag in this quote for newbs that links to a Google Doc for 3DS Friender code swaps and PhantomGaming and PompadorParagon manage the Super Best Friends Steam group for when Frienders want to throw down in PC Skullgirls and USFIV.
I'll have to ask to get added when I actually feel confident I can put up a fight.

360pages

So, quick question. What do you guys write about, or rather if you could write something what kind of story would it be. Just a small plot summary and a few characters, I'm interested to see what goes on in the head of frienders.

So, quick question. What do you guys write about, or rather if you could write something what kind of story would it be. Just a small plot summary and a few characters, I'm interested to see what goes on in the head of frienders.

right now im in the middle of writing a 5 minute short film for my animation class. its a 5 way Mexican stand off between some very outlandish characters fighting over the spoils of a train robbery.
certainly not the story iv been waiting my whole life to tell, but i think it could make for a very entertaining action scene.

A mild mannered boy discovers he has psychic abilities, and decides to avenge
the people who killed his parents
And does so in gloriously violent way. He becomes a sociopath/power hungry dick and another mild mannered boy is given superpowers and sent to stop this guy.

BIG REVEAL:

They're the same boy. The first boy is a clone, the second boy is the original person.

Gamer Y

whatever interests me really, got a story for a manga about greek mythology. Want to write stuff like classic sci-fi and adventure stuff.some giant monsters and noir-ish stuff. but I need to focus one and stick to it though...

Zenfalcia

How long is it?

Ongoing. I believe it's at around 58 chapters. I'll double check in a sec.

That picture literally screams jojo lol
which is a good thing

It's only a reference. It's not in all of the manga. Just a heads up for you and everyone else.

Freezing, Sekirei, The World God Only Knows, and Yandere Kanojo (No, Arclight, it's not that Yandere) are what I'm going to push for now.

Yooo.. Freezing and sekirei? Boob fight fest? They're good but in a different way :p

TWGOK is also completed. Some people might like it.

Yandere Kanojo. It's cute. Art is meh, but cute regardless.

Edit: I wonder which frienders are big into manga. Just out of curiosity. I think I know a few.

Rutti

If we are pushing mangas I really have to push Sugar Dark. It's pretty unique and creepy manga with some "lovecraftian elements" as a lack of better term. It's only 19 chapters long so reading it won't even take long.

Xux

I keep meaning to read Sanctuary; that Yakuza 4 LP reminded me that I told myself I'd read it a few years ago.

Sorry for the wait, was taking a shower. Please pick your choose

Sorry if you had seen that already

You should still pick it up. Most of us play it.

Oh yeah no I plan to still do it eventually, just no money atm cause I don't work. Hopefully by then people are still playing. Might also pick up Xrd too some day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom