• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to start MMX3 now. Looking forward to this since people say it's really good.

I like ProJared's way of naming Pokemon, just make a weird noise and add to it until it becomes a coherent word.

That's how I named my honedge which I called Visher.

That reminds me of the comic of how they made that garbage pokemon.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Frienders, today I was ditched by my friends. They had just left to go to Great America, even after I told them to wait 15 minutes for me (I was on a bike racing to get from school to them). If you can, somehow make me feel better.

Man, I was actually talking to Liam on Twitter. I made a throwaway comment about VitaTV and the he straight up started recommending me vita games to play and shooting the shit about stuff. Was pretty cool.

Liam's working extra hard for that employee of the month award!

Frienders, today I was ditched by my friends. They had just left to go to Great America, even after I told them to wait 15 minutes for me (I was on a bike racing to get from school to them). If you can, somehow make me feel better.

It's 9 PM, You can watch the Best Friends FNF?

me and a friend o mine discussed this phenomenon a while ago,
the conclusion we came to is that so many anime nerds seem to think that anime is a single genre as opposed to an entire medium, whereas with manga its much clearer to everyone just different it can get.
crazy anime people will expect you to watch equal amounts of action anime as you watch weirdly incestuous harem anime, because to many of them its the kinda the same thing.
crazy manga people will tend to realize that reading Berserk is not the same thing as reading Itoshi no Karin.

this is just our conclusion though, dont mean to be the arbiter of crazy fandoms.
I just think of it being that there's generally more diversity in types of manga that people have an easier time finding something that suits someone's tastes and still have it be relatively recent. Plus the standards on what can and can't be shown in a manga is considerably more lax than anime, stuff like gore or nudity (but no genitalia, god forbid) or any other heavy themes.

Frienders can't ditch you, because we're with you everywhere!

Sucks to hear that, sorry. The closest my friends have done to that would be dancing with a girl at a bar instead of leaving with the rest of us, despite our repeated reminders that he had work in the morning and has a girlfriend.

Nordicus

Blade Symphony is almost really cool. It needs just a bit more polish to get to a Chivalry-level and it'd be my jam.
Okay, so i just tried it for 4 hours and damn is it good. I've never played Chivalry so I don't know how it compares, but the dash-cancels, the mind-games, the rock-paper-scissors stances, the almost instagibbing counters, ohohohoh yesssssss.

You really have to learn at least one character to enjoy it though, perhaps spend an hour in practice room after the tutorial. Before that it's a janky clusterfuck

Now that I've done that with Judgment, the slow straight-forward samurai, it feels goooood when someone tries to pressure me and whittle my health down with Light Stance pokes, then I cut their health down by 80% with a single fully charged Heavy Stance parry, and go "WHAT NOW, YOU FUCKER?!"

Yare yare, I only found out about this because I randomly check community side for the Platinum topic...
But it apparently made you guys stronger since you went through 10 pages since the last time I was in here.

Frienders cannot be held back. Our true potential shall be known. The best is yet to come.

Archgan

If it's any consolation, all of America is Great so you are with them in spirit.

What's Great America?

Going to start MMX3 now. Looking forward to this since people say it's really good. .
Yeah yeah yeah, update after that intro stage,
That really sucks. I've had semi-similar things happen with my friends
who are couples and decide to throw me off if the other person decides on something else.

All in all, das no fun.

Yare yare, I only found out about this because I randomly check community side for the Platinum topic...
But it apparently made you guys stronger since you went through 10 pages since the last time I was in here.

Frienders cannot be held back. Our true potential shall be known. The best is yet to come.

TEAM DAI-GURREN ZAIBUTTSU!

If it's any consolation, all of America is Great so you are with them in spirit.

What's Great America?

It's an amusement park.

Okay, so i just tried it for 4 hours and damn is it good. I've never played Chivalry so I don't know how it compares, but the dash-cancels, the mind-games, the rock-paper-scissors stances, the almost instagibbing counters, ohohohoh yesssssss.

You really have to learn at least one character to enjoy it though, perhaps spend an hour in practice room after the tutorial. Before that it's a janky clusterfuck

Now that I've done that with Judgment, the slow straight-forward samurai, it feels goooood when someone tries to pressure me and whittle my health down with Light Stance pokes, then I cut their health down by 80% with a single fully charged Heavy Stance parry, and go "WHAT NOW, YOU FUCKER?!"
Maybe I should give it another look. It did feel super jank when I tried it for like 45 minutes, so maybe it deserves another try.

That really sucks. I've had semi-similar things happen with my friends
who are couples and decide to throw me off if the other person decides on something else.

Oh, yeah, that's happened to me a bit. Hadn't seen my best friend in a month, get to hangout for five minutes and his girlfriend starts texting him nonstop crying until he goes over there. None of his friends like his girlfriend, in fact, he doesn't like his girlfriend.

I want to update my thread, but no one's posting in it :(

Well, whatever, I can always update here. I just beat the intro stage. The music was catchy as fuck.
You could still put them there and see if you get one other reply. Some guys acted interested. If that doesn't work then oh well.
YOU GOT TO BE ZERO DUDE
Oh, yeah, that's happened to me a bit. Hadn't seen my best friend in a month, get to hangout for five minutes and his girlfriend starts texting him nonstop crying until he goes over there. None of his friends like his girlfriend, in fact, he doesn't like his girlfriend.
They love each other, but whatever. I don't need to complain about it here.

If he doesn't like her, you got an obvious problem there. Actually that sounds really bad, I just realize you said you hadn't seen him in a month.

That's awful.

Shackzam

You took to long. Now your candies gone.
You in the Chicago area? Only assume because you said great America specifically.

If he doesn't like her, you got an obvious problem there.

It's a whole thing, he's 25 and she's his first girlfriend, they're six months in and both have emotional issues, they both acknowledge that they don't like each other, don't have anything in common, and have clashing personalities in every regard. But they're so desperate to not be alone that they stick together. It's a shit situation.

360pages

I also always wanted to write a book about marital arts...of course it's going to be the magical kind. But still, too bad I only know very basic stuff about that.

It's a whole thing, he's 25 and she's his first girlfriend, they're six months in and both have emotional issues, they both acknowledge that they don't like each other, don't have anything in common, and have clashing personalities in every regard. But they're so desperate to not be alone that they stick together. It's a shit situation.
Yuck. I find it hard to believe that they really are happier than without each other, but it can see why they're stuck to each other.

I wish I had advice to offer you/him. Sorry.

Cool. Something I ordered for my girlfriend for Christmas (because they were available now at a place known for terrible shipping once the holiday season begins in November
also shut up
) is going to arrive sometime before the end of the month.

Also, I'm going to be visiting family in the Sault Ste. Marie area over next week so I need either 1 24 episode show or 2 12 episode shows to pick up at my local anime store. If I can find a good connection I'll post my impressions of them/it.

360pages

I never really like Nuzlocks, as I got older the joys and charm of pokemon games were using pokemon I never got to use before during the playthrough. It pretty much started in HG/SS From there, I always have a team I really like and are at least somewhat different then my previous one.

I never really like Nuzlocks, as I got older the joys and charm of pokemon games were using pokemon I never got to use before during the playthrough. It pretty much started in HG/SS From there, I always have a team I really like and are at least somewhat different then my previous one.

It's an easy way to increase the difficulty of the games. That's the appeal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom