• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

image.php

It was a bad time.

Archgan

Mmm.. Got any preferences in genres?

Most of them involve action in someway. The only exception is It's Not My Fault I'm Not Popular.

That reminds me. One of the first things I talked about in this thread was the Spiderman manga. It's really weird. It is super dark but at the same time super cheesy. The Lizard's origin story in it is he was trapped in a jungle with a bunch of reptiles and had to act like them to survive. And then suddenly he was a giant lizard.

Don't you need an account to see Community? He'll probably have to bug Liam and Woolie to hear about waifu consensi.

Can confirm that you don't. Just logged out and was able to reach the thread.

Zenfalcia

Most of them involve action in someway. The only exception is It's Not My Fault I'm Not Popular.

That reminds me. One of the first things I talked about in this thread was the Spiderman manga. It's really weird. It is super dark but at the same time super cheesy. The Lizard's origin story in it is he was trapped in a jungle with a bunch of reptiles and had to act like them to survive. And then suddenly he was a giant lizard.

Ok. Have you read ratman? I'm more of a shoujo buff, but i have a variety of other genres.

Sounds like an interesting manga.

I don't think Matt has an account because he was banned from 2 separate accounts. Not sure about Woolie and Liam.

Yep. He might just lurk without an account

We still talking about the move?

A little, small talk about it appearing on the podcast.

Mr.Towel

The Batman manga is super weird too, I recommend it. At one point he's fighting Clayface, who turns into a giant dinosaur, and Batman turns into a giant talking Batarang to fight him. And it introduces Lord Deathman, who is the best villain ever.
HA HA HA HA

Monster Episode 25

I honestly thought the girl investigating with Karl was Johan in drag. Prior to the episode, Johan was described as having pretty, beautiful face. Plus she had been leading Karl into all of those clues about Edmund. I guess I read too much into that.

So, quick question. What do you guys write about, or rather if you could write something what kind of story would it be. Just a small plot summary and a few characters, I'm interested to see what goes on in the head of frienders.
So here's my super original do not steal copyrighted idea

How about a erotic novel that features women haven taken over the world and the only major sport is professional wrestling.
My actual ideas are way too half baked for me to want to share them, but nearly all of them are focused on settings and world building. Think of Dark Souls with a central thematic method (like hallowing/undead/losing hope).
You guys all have pretty interesting ideas...hmm, I wouldn't mind seeing how all of you write, though that is a little bit more complicated.
My writing would be me typing between 10 and 2000 words before throwing it all way because it's not good enough. Nonfiction I can do easily, but fiction: I see all my flaws.
Im pushing people to read Minamoto-kun monogatari (smut), Prison school(greater smut), Area D(its like xmen), I am a Hero (very good zombie manga), Terraformars(ironically dramatic mindless action), and Steel Ball Run (its the shortest best Jojo manga).
SBR is totally super long dude. The chapter count is way lower, but the move to Seinen means they're each way longer. It's actually one of the longest parts in terms of page count,iirc.

It does kick ass though.
I haven't caught up yet, been reading other stuff. A friend recommended a yaoi, which I'm reading. I don't know if anyone here would read it.
Take those four letters and switch out the middle two.

Someone mentioned it earlier, and seeing as I've been playing it for the last few hours I thought I'd mention it. Blade Symphony is actually really fun once you get into it. It has a very kendo feel to it and it's great. It's all about spacing and poking. Seeing as it is free to play on Steam for this weekend I do recommend if you have the time to give it a go. I'm definitely buying it before the weekend is over.

360pages

So here's my super original do not steal copyrighted idea

How about a erotic novel that features women haven taken over the world and the only major sport is professional wrestling.
My actual ideas are way too half baked for me to want to share them, but nearly all of them are focused on settings and world building. Think of Dark Souls with a central thematic method (like hallowing/undead/losing hope).

My writing would be me typing between 10 and 2000 words before throwing it all way because it's not good enough. Nonfiction I can do easily, but fiction: I see all my flaws.

SBR is totally super long dude. The chapter count is way lower, but the move to Seinen means they're each way longer. It's actually one of the longest parts in terms of page count,iirc.

It does kick ass though.

Take those four letters and switch out the middle two.

My flaws are usually something I try to take in stride and improve upon them. Hell sometimes a flaw isn't really a flaw and more of a preference for the reader. Though this are super hard to tell.

Oh? You've read molester man? I love the title. It makes people ask so many questions.
I recommended it as one of my favorite manga way back when we first asked the question in like... OT2?

People asked a few questions.
My flaws are usually something I try to take in stride and improve upon them. Hell sometimes a flaw isn't really a flaw and more of a preference for the reader. Though this are super hard to tell.
True, I just hate putting out un-perfect work. I know that's how fiction writing is, but it's still hard to get past for me.

JoJo94

Frienders...I am embarrassing myself for you guys/saying thanks for being such cool people. Not the best audio editing since I did this in the last hour, and a good instrumental that matched the tempo I sung it was tough to find, so you can hear some other singing in the background may fix may not...but appreciate it lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMkLqib3PMM&feature=youtu.be&channel=brawler1z Thanks for being awesome guys...I'll now hide in my shame corner.

Changed up very few of the lyrics again may fix the audio later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom