• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoJo94

It seems we've gotten a reputation of being a glorified IRC community unlike the Giant Bomb threads.

You know what? They're right. I don't like to admit this but we barely talk about Best Friends stuff.

I like the equal amount of on topic and off topic stuff. We have moments were we just talk about TBFP (not recently but we do) But I prefer this to the Game Grumps thread.

Zenfalcia

Next step the world!!!

I'm just going to ignore it.

Kick us out? We were already done decimating Gaming side so we're moving on to Community. Once we're done here, we'll take over Off Topic and rule NeoGAF with an Iron Bitch Fist on a Stick.

Maybe less of kicking out more of confining us to community.

I think it's more that we talk all the damn time, regardless of the subject. Giant Bomb has a lot more people involved and has more content to talk about. Our two videos a day are pretty cut and dry sometimes.

Lately I've noticed us glossing over Best Friends stuff a bit more than usual, but that comes in waves.

I agree.. FnF came out and rule of rose came out and we didn't really talk much about it. :p

demidar

Kick us out? We were already done decimating Gaming side so we're moving on to Community. Once we're done here, we'll take over Off Topic and rule NeoGAF with an Iron Bitch Fist on a Stick.

Our ambition knows no bounds. We will unite the country through force, and only then will the people know peace.

When did you guys quit GG if you did anyways? I stopped after they started using end cards and I'm not sure why. Might be because I had been thinking about it for a while and I just said fuck it.

Oh wow. A lot of GAFers don't like these threads. This is pretty surprising. We really did scare off people with our lewd off-topic anime erotica discussions.

Alfebit

Banned
I like the equal amount of on topic and off topic stuff. We have moments were we just talk about TBFP (not recently but we do) But I prefer this to the Game Grumps thread.

If the Game Grumps thread was also moved it'll be even deader.

Our ambition knows no bounds. We will unite the country through force, and only then will the people know peace.

We will be known as The Great Uniter.

Zenfalcia

Oh wow. A lot of GAFers don't like these threads. This is pretty surprising. We really did scare off people with our lewd off-topic anime erotica discussions.

Not just that, also TBF isn't exactly the most well known group even giant bomb isn't known by everyone, but is a bigger community.

Really? People complain about these threads.

I could sit on my perch, and bitch that the Smash threads are full of worthless circlejerking, but I like to hold my tongue.

I agree.. FnF came out and rule of rose came out and we didn't really talk much about it. :p
It's been especially bad lately, dunno why. I guess there's not a lot to discuss about it? Or we're being insane here, per the norm.
Where you getting that from? There was a small handful of comments in the GB OT, but where are you looking?

JoJo94

When did you guys quit GG if you did anyways? I stopped after they started using end cards and I'm not sure why. Might be because I had been thinking about it for a while and I just said fuck it.

A month after Jon left but not for that reason. I actually liked Danny but the overall sense of humor and them being bad at games sometimes stopped being funny to me.

Yeah, I think that's when a lot of people probably started judging us.

It's been especially bad lately, dunno why. I guess there's not a lot to discuss about it? Or we're being insane here, per the norm.
Where you getting that from? There was a small handful of comments in the GB OT, but where are you looking?

The GB threads and that sticky thread when someone mentions us. We're seen as a bunch of IRC weaboos.

JoJo94

For me it's mainly that the first video comes out when im in class, and the second one when Im usually doing homework.

Granted I have noticed us falling off of posting video links and talking about the video. Heck we even ignore pat sometimes when he comes in here

When they started doing like 3 games a week and wouldn't finished 90% of them.

So basically near the very beginning.

Alfebit

Banned

I never watched them before Jon left but I watched a bit of their Wind Waker LP. I came away from that liking Danny the most of all the grumps.

StoneFox

Honestly, I haven't had the time to watch them. I'm just starting the Mr. Bones thing... I prefer to binge the videos rather than watch them as they come.
Same here. The only series I actually watched as they came out was RE4, Dark Souls 2 and Yakuza 4. Everything else I tend to binge watch so I don't often go through the whole waiting game for the next video.

Zenfalcia

Yeah. There isn't much to talk about it. We talked more during call of cthulu and escape from bug island since those were really quirky and interesting. I personally find rule of rose fascinating and an interesting game.

Honestly, I haven't had the time to watch them. I'm just starting the Mr. Bones thing... I prefer to binge the videos rather than watch them as they come.

Not everyone does, so it makes sense.

Granted I have noticed us falling off of posting video links and talking about the video. Heck we even ignore pat sometimes when he comes in here

Yeah we have. i wonder what changed. Nah, Pat gets tons of comments when he comes.

Alfebit

Banned
For me it's mainly that the first video comes out when im in class, and the second one when Im usually doing homework.

Really? I always notice Pat get dog piled with responses whenever he posts something.

Really? People complain about these threads.

I could sit on my perch, and bitch that the Smash threads are full of worthless circlejerking, but I like to hold my tongue.

Please please come off that perch and join us in the trenches for the great GB/Best Friend war.

not really tho. Flame war would have us victorious.

Well that's on them, not us. Even if people occasionally post goatse.

Youre SOOOOO funny.

to be fair there isnt much left to say about rule of rose,

damn creepy british kids!!,

was surprised at the lack of FNF talk, i mean it had robots! i love to talk about robots!

I can't find the time to watch it tonight and as hype as Super Robots are, I'm familiar enough with the genre to just jump into a conversation about them.

StoneFox

I think it was around the end of Wind Waker for me. I never unsubbed but I just stopped watching them completely for no real apparent reason. Next time I pull up Youtube I'll probably unsub though to clear up my sub box.

The GB threads and that sticky thread when someone mentions us. We're seen as a bunch of IRC weaboos.
Ah ok, I was reading those comments earlier. All in all I think there weren't that many people being (understandably somewhat) judgmental of our first impressions, I'm not too upset. Heck some GB people made an effort to be nice to us, while teasing about the anime thing.
If I'm right I'm pretty sure disliking "anime" is a joke over at GiantBomb.
It was like a month or two prior to Jon leaving. Neither of them felt interested in what was happening and game choices were randomly and idiotic due to people sending them in.
The LPs they chose for themselves at the start were really cool, at least at the time, to me.
Well that's on them, not us. Even if people occasionally post goatse.
If people did that anywhere else they'd be decimated.

demidar

lol we kinda deserve that after people started using ahegao avatars. But so what? People who can tolerate that stuff are usually people I would like to talk with (good natured people who don't witch hunt or look down upon others).

I remember a few times with ultimax where he wanted to play and no one responded to him. It doesn't happen a lot but it has happened.

That happens a lot for people though. I know every once in a while I'll post a question or something and just get ignored or missed either because y'all are doing something else or just because it gets buried under responses for other things. It just happens. :p

That happens a lot for people though. I know every once in a while I'll post a question or something and just get ignored or missed either because y'all are doing something else or just because it gets buried under responses for other things. It just happens. :p
Yup. Nature of being a member of the IRC Weeaboos

I almost want to make that my Thread 6 title suggestion. :lol
Do you think it would be inappropriate to post a podcast thread on gaming side every week?
We totally could, and it could be on topic, but it don't know if we have the audience for it.

Probably want to ask a mod to clear that, though. Considering all the talk they apparently had over our move.

A month after Jon left but not for that reason. I actually liked Danny but the overall sense of humor and them being bad at games sometimes stopped being funny to me.
That's part of what made me tired of them. Especially after Arin blaming the game for not telling him what to do.

When they started doing like 3 games a week and wouldn't finished 90% of them.

So basically near the very beginning.
Yeah fair enough hah, I can see that being annoying.

I never watched them before Jon left but I watched a bit of their Wind Waker LP. I came away from that liking Danny the most of all the grumps.
Yeah Danny is so great. I think I'm in the minority of people who actually like Ross though. Basically I left liking everyone except Arin

The TBFP website should have a forum side.
That has numerous issues we've gone over. Mainly moderation, quality of comments, having the server infrastructure to handle heavy loads, etc.

It would be super interesting, but for now they've decided to spread out to every other media instead. The idea is they come to you instead of having the central hub for them.
War? Noooo I even held out an olive branch to the GB thread just now. I just think it would be nice to remind people that Best Friends exists. A lot of podcasts get threads on gaming side so idk why not us?
(If you missed my edit, my only condition is that we should talk to a mod about it first, but) it'd be a great way to have an on-topic representation.

I've often wanted to discuss the podcast more in-depth, anyway, actually.

Alfebit

Banned
Do you think it would be inappropriate to post a podcast thread on gaming side every week?

No EmCeeGrammer said they can still post the Giant Bombcast thread in gaming so it'd probably be okay. Though people might complain about accidentally clicking on it thinking it's the Smash thread.

ultimax

Hell chao, if you're ready to go to war, I'll stand by you.

We go to war by making thread 6 back in the gaming section
GIF-Light-Yagami-s-Evil-Laugh-Death-Note-anime-35890756-320-180.gif

It was like a month or two prior to Jon leaving. Neither of them felt interested in what was happening and game choices were randomly and idiotic due to people sending them in.
The LPs they chose for themselves at the start were really cool, at least at the time, to me.
They were having a lot more fun. That's a huge part of it.

I think it was around the end of Wind Waker for me. I never unsubbed but I just stopped watching them completely for no real apparent reason. Next time I pull up Youtube I'll probably unsub though to clear up my sub box.
Man that WW playthrough..... woof

I've often wanted to discuss the podcast more in-depth, anyway, actually.
Remember that time they talked about sick angel ladder matches and the DMC manger scene?

Loco4Coco

That has numerous issues we've gone over. Mainly moderation, quality of comments, having the server infrastructure to handle heavy loads, etc.

It would be super interesting, but for now they've decided to spread out to every other media instead. The idea is they come to you instead of having the central hub for them.

I dunno, keeping a forum up and running would just be another thing they would have to keep track of wouldn't it? Seems a bit much.

Yeah, I guess it would be too much for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom