• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want them to abandon combat altogether, if any enemies are around it should be so they chase you but not actually fight you
That's another alternative, but I think there's at least potential there to vary the gameplay while still being fun. Obviously I still want pure parkour levels too.

How would you handle failstates if there's no combat? Mirrors edge 1 just punishes you for taking too long by having dudes fight you, and using the clunky combat system is a last resort.

If they fuck it over, it'd probably still have amazing art design, some parkour sections, etc.

Honestly, though the scene is way too filled with it atm, I wouldn't mind the combat In Mirror's Edge getting a bit of a rework so that enemies become like a launching pad to keep momentum.

That said, they could also just fuck it up, and make it so the gameplay slows to a crawl.

No guns then. First person fist or melee combat.

The game isn't about killing your enemies. It's about getting from point a to b as quickly as possible. Movement has to be smooth and direct as possible..

croten

That's another alternative, but I think there's at least potential there to vary the gameplay while still being fun. Obviously I still want pure parkour levels too.

How would you handle failstates if there's no combat? Mirrors edge 1 just punishes you for taking too long by having dudes fight you, and using the clunky combat system is a last resort.

Well I just thought that the best parts of the game were the parts where you were left alone to do some platforming like the indoor construction area in Chapter 8 I think. There were no enemies it was just you having to figure out where to go and what to do.

Other wise I think the enemies that could also do Parkour chasing you was really fun as well. Having them chase you during certain segments would add urgency to the moment.

The only rhythm game I have actually played was Love Live and I had a lot of fun with that. I assume that Project DIVA will be just as good if not better, but I want a 2nd opinion before I get it.

I like Project Diva better, since it's just a more fluid game and the visuals can be fucking incredible.

The only rhythm game I have actually played was Love Live and I had a lot of fun with that. I assume that Project DIVA will be just as good if not better, but I want a 2nd opinion before I get it.

The only problem that I have with Project DIVA was that it was hard finding the inputs for the buttons. not only that they are scattered every where, there is so much going on in the background you can't most likely find it unless you get super good.

No guns then. First person fist or melee combat.

The game isn't about killing your enemies. It's about getting from point a to b as quickly as possible. Movement has to be smooth and direct as possible..
That's actually what I want, I even forgot guns are in ME. I wanna be tiny Asian girl batman! I want to be able to blow through guys standing in my way, jumping off of them and shit.
Well I just thought that the best parts of the game were the parts where you were left alone to do some platforming like the indoor construction area in Chapter 8 I think. There were no enemies it was just you having to figure out where to go and what to do.

Other wise I think the enemies that could also do Parkour chasing you was really fun as well. Having them chase you during certain segments would add urgency to the moment.
I totally agree those are the best, I just don't know if I'd want that to be the only thing in the game. I still want those though. People chasing you makes you feel pressure, which is nice.

I like Project Diva better, since it's just a more fluid game and the visuals can be fucking incredible.

The only problem that I have with Project DIVA was that it was hard finding the inputs for the buttons. not only that they are scattered every where, there is so much going on in the background you can't most likely find it unless you get super good.

Hmmm, I see. I'll probably pick it up. Hopefully I don't get hooked on it like LL!
Who am I kidding. It's going to happen.

Dice hasn't made a good game since 2009, don't get your hopes up.

Incorrect. Bad Company 2 came out in 2010 and that game was super good. I had tons of fun playing it.

Hmmm, I see. I'll probably pick it up. Hopefully I don't get hooked on it like LL!
Who am I kidding. It's going to happen.

Incorrect. Bad Company 2 came out in 2010 and that game was super good. I had tons of fun playing it.
I thought BC2 was 2009, okay dice hasn't made anything good since 2010

croten

That's actually what I want, I even forgot guns are in ME. I wanna be tiny Asian girl batman! I want to be able to blow through guys standing in my way, jumping off of them and shit.

I totally agree those are the best, I just don't know if I'd want that to be the only thing in the game. I still want those though. People chasing you makes you feel pressure, which is nice.

I just felt that the combat was plain awful, if they made it better then maybe it would be more enjoyable but I feel that if they focused on the combat then they could just fuck it up harder

Oberon

Banned
Daily Lives of High School Boys ep 9

Yeah, she asked him if he had a girlfriend before trying to ask him out!
It was still awkward though lol

Cant argue with that logic.
#genius

By the way, Remember Me is on sale too. has anyone tried that game out?

It's not very good.

Amazing atmosphere, music, and character design, but horrendous gameplay, and a cringe worthy story.

I kinda want to get the PC version, just so I can take screenshots of it.

I just felt that the combat was plain awful, if they made it better then maybe it would be more enjoyable but I feel that if they focused on the combat then they could just fuck it up harder
It wasn't great, it was almost a punishment for not avoiding them well, having to use it, I thought.

I wanna see them work the combat into the flow of parkour. Vaulting over enemies and shit. Would be hype.

What were the sales figures for ME? I don't think it sold well enough to warrant a sequel, but it has such a rabid fan following. Faith could be a good female character once given more backstory about how the revolution forced her to home her skills.

Ideally, I'd like the combat to be like in condemned, where weapons have a certain feel and weight and slow down Faith, which makes you incentivize stealth and movement over force.

Shackzam

Yo fuck the evil within. The game scares the shit out of me and I'm not even passed chapter 3. I gotta play it since my brother is playing alien isolation.

croten

It wasn't great, it was almost a punishment for not avoiding them well, having to use it, I thought.

I wanna see them work the combat into the flow of parkour. Vaulting over enemies and shit. Would be hype.

There are several parts in the game where you are forced to fight, those parts are bullshit. As long as all encounters are optional I will be happy

There are several parts in the game where you are forced to fight, those parts are bullshit. As long as all encounters are optional I will be happy
Exactly. And all of my comments come with the big IF, of having multiple ways to beat a sequence.
What were the sales figures for ME? I don't think it sold well enough to warrant a sequel, but it has such a rabid fan following. Faith could be a good female character once given more backstory about how the revolution forced her to home her skills.

Ideally, I'd like the combat to be like in condemned, where weapons have a certain feel and weight and slow down Faith, which makes you incentivize stealth and movement over force.
It's over 2 million cording to Wikipedia. So Capcpom would say it's a success.

Picking up a big weapon and dragging around, using it once, and then discarding it could be ok, but I want Hand to Hand to be about quick dodges and getting around people.

Jman014

Cant argue with that logic.
#genius

By the way, Remember Me is on sale too. has anyone tried that game out?

It's not very good.

Amazing atmosphere, music, and character design, but horrendous gameplay, and a cringe worthy story.

I kinda want to get the PC version, just so I can take screenshots of it.

Boy I wish the combat and story were way more fun and interesting than they are. Otherwise Bananarama nailed what's cool about the game. RIP Nilin.

Oberon

Banned
Yo fuck the evil within. The game scares the shit out of me and I'm not even passed chapter 3. I gotta play it since my brother is playing alien isolation.

I could never play a horror/survival horror game. I get really easily scared.
There where parts of Demon's souls, Dark souls I&II that made me almost poop my pants!

JANK.

Knowing Japanese devs, they would somehow take a game, with some of the most jank ass controls of all time, and make them worse.
Oh my god I'm imagining the keyboard controls, oh lawdy.

Honestly, I could put up with any amount of jank for my fix of Suda on PC. I need that artstyle 1080p. I need it.

croten

I remember during the Nidhogg video they asked for a realistically drawn pic of the characters.

B0Pai3sCEAAeEIZ.jpg

A guy named Soul Karl did this.

I'm leaving for greener pastures for a week later today so I need a 24 episode show to watch while I'm there. I'll post my impressions when I can, but hopefully per episode.

I want to get super hype, but this makes me not hype -
But I want to believe
I needs my NMH and Killer 7, I'd be the happiest panda
I'm settling for high hopes, low expectations. At least drumming up interest in that thread where a insider seems to be posting is doing a little. Edit:
Killer7 is Capcom. No More Heroes is Marvelous. Shadows of the Damned is EA. Lollipop Chainsaw is Warner Bros.

Those are the guys people will probably have to pester for re-releases. I don't think GungHo is going to do much with Grasshopper's existing catalog. Killer Is Dead was probably easy because Kadokawa had most of the reigns on that.

Nevermind, pack it up. I feel stupid now.
I remember during the Nidhogg video they asked for a realistically drawn pic of the characters.
A guy named Soul Karl did this.
JOJO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom