• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beaten like a Pat-headed stepchild
DAYUM.jpg

Never played the original, I think there's a fan translation happening for it so yay.
Soul Hackers is amazing, fully recommend it. It feels a bit old but it is great nonetheless. I think it's on sale currently on the NA eShop.
Soulless Army is okay. It's neat but not amazing, probably the weakest game in the entire franchise.
King Abaddon is great. It does what Soulless Army should've done and be an actual good action RPG. Also never came out in Europe so I never was allowed to get a Raiho plushie.

I bought Soulless Army. So far i'm enjoying it. Raidou has a cool costume.

360pages

Five nights at Freddie like I said before, is rather simple. It plays into you paranoia, you can't be watching all the time, because that cost energy. The idea that you are slowly running out of power and you need every bit to advance is pretty cool concept.

It's not just the jump scares, but knowing that at one point you can lock yourself in a flat out unwinable situation due to poor management is kind of cool.

Xiraiya

Five Nights at Freddies was messed up, but the last 30 seconds of that video were amazing.

I'm still surprised that Ultimate ninja storm 3 sold 2 million copies.
I mean, you don't usually see anime games do so well, and over half of those copies were sold in the US.

Because it's CC2 (They did JoJo) and UNS2/UNS Generations were pretty anticipated, it's not really a new thing for this particular set of Naruto games.

I remember one of my editors wrote for IGN at one point in the past and talked about it all the time as his one point of pride.

He actually rejected one of my reviews as "Too negative for IGN." Which I still don't fully know what means.

I remember one of my editors wrote for IGN at one point in the past and talked about it all the time as his one point of pride.

He actually rejected one of my reviews as "Too negative for IGN." Which I still don't fully know what means.

do you remember what game it was for? I'm curious as to why they would reject a well written critic of some thing. follow the money and all that jazz

do you remember what game it was for? I'm curious as to why they would reject a well written critic of some thing. follow the money and all that jazz

Labyrinth Legends for PSN. I was very critical because the game barely functioned and even if it did work it wouldn't have been fun. It was a review copy, one of the times I felt dirty after rewriting something.

I had to rewrite it to be more positive, so the end review was rushed to shit and sloppy, then edited by an incompetent copy editor which only made it worse.

Xiraiya

Because it's a rather popular spoopy game that a lot of youtubers play. This somehow makes it unacceptable for the zaibatsu to ever play it.
I don't get it, I had no idea that game existed until today and I thought overall it was oddly clever for how simple it is, so I thought it was great that Pat was risking a heart attack.

Dog Life full LP.
They should do the dog island I saw game grumps do a one off on it and its adorable. Like seriously the main plot is tiny chibi dog world where the protagonist is a tiny chibi dog that goes on an adventure with a tiny chibi pirate dog named el darodo to find a doctor for the protagonists tiny chibi dying brother/sister dog.

Don't really get why people are salty over them play FNAF.

man Comments make no fucking sense, I did a video on Lester the Unlikely when I was like 14. AVGN did a video on it something like 4 years after the fact and I got shit from people claiming I bit him off and only did it because he did.
they were half right, 14 year old me was a huge AVGN rip off

mrhej

Alright I saw the leaked Avengers trailer. I need to see this movie now please. I didn't know Ultron was basically the Terminator.

I should, it's just hurts to buy a physical game and backlog it. My physical backlog is really clean.

Just play it then. Do it, nerd.

Ok you joke but at the same time youre super not.
The first 3 hours are the worst part of persona 4 and they are what keep me for multiple replays. I know 3 hours out of a 80 hour game is nothing but...theyre just so boring.

That's why you keep a seperate save file so you can skip it. Better yet, play areal shin megumi tensay game like Nocturne or Strange Journey.

man Comments make no fucking sense, I did a video on Lester the Unlikely when I was like 14. AVGN did a video on it something like 4 years after the fact and I got shit from people claiming I bit him off and only did it because he did.
they were half right, 14 year old me was a huge AVGN rip off
Just like how Jojo is a blatant persona rip off huh
Just play it then. Do it, nerd.

That's why you keep a seperate save file so you can skip it. Better yet, play areal shin megumi tensay game like Nocturne or Strange Journey.
Oh my god Phantom...you just changed my entire fucking life, I fucking love you
i want to hav your nabbys

360pages

You all need to get on my level and play the Etrian Odyssey series. I mean, I doubt most people can beat EO2. (Man fuck EO2) EO3 is easily the best in the series along with Untold. EO4 was a little too easy for me.

You all need to get on my level and play the Etrian Odyssey series. I mean, I doubt most people can beat EO2. (Man fuck EO2) EO3 is easily the best in the series along with Untold. EO4 was a little too easy for me.
If Q jumps out at me and I like it then I may jump into EO

I got into the series through 4. I was bored, downloaded the demo and suddenly it is my favourite 3DS game. I haven't gone back to play the old ones but I picked up Untold. I stopped a few hours in Untold because the story cast are just so awful except cute gunner girl (who I should hate because she's so generic but she's so cute). I might bite the bullet and just restart on classic.
I'm really looking forward to Untold 2, but I'm not keen that Highlander is DLC (even if they're free in Japan for the first two weeks).
Persona Q will be great even though the game is basically the biggest Persona fanfiction that isn't the Arena storyline.

Also weird fun fact that people probably know but eh, Strange Journey uses a modified version of the Etrian DS engine.
I'm still playing Strange Journey, I'm on sector F I think.

I'm too casual to draw maps.
I know, I know. I gotta play Bayo 2 for the next few weeks and Smash U though. Plus school. It's haaaaard.

The obvious solution here is to drop out.

360pages

I got into the series through 4. I was bored, downloaded the demo and suddenly it is my favourite 3DS game. I haven't gone back to play the old ones but I picked up Untold. I stopped a few hours in Untold because the story cast are just so awful except cute gunner girl (who I should hate because she's so generic but she's so cute). I might bite the bullet and just restart on classic.
I'm really looking forward to Untold 2, but I'm not keen that Highlander is DLC (even if they're free in Japan for the first two weeks).
Persona Q will be great even though the game is basically the biggest Persona fanfiction that isn't the Arena storyline.

I honestly think 3 is the best in the series. Untold classic mode is really great too.

But three took has subclasses from 4, but with a better curve and more unique classes. It's easier to break in some ways, but over all it felt super unique when compared to four which felt like a weird mixture of 1 and 2.

Really, play three. It even has alternate ending. (There is a true ending of course,)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom