• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. I honestly couldn't care about it any less.

It's weird. They said it in a way as if they were trying to diminish the popularity of the character by saying a "bad thing". Obviously didn't work, but it was a weird interview.

Dub Kamina is godawful. Just fucking terrible. Everyone else seems to be trying their best to compare to the sub and failing spectacularly, but it's still commendable, whereas Herbert just can't remotely pull it off.

I'm not as crazy as Aaron, I love Bebop's dub and think FMA's dub is fine.

The Gurren dub is super lame. I guess it is "fine", but my ridiculous respect for the show might be blinding my opinion.
I guess I just have bad taste then...

Anyway im thinking of fandubbing Daily lives and my voice doesnt have much range so if I did it by myself. So I was wondering if you guys wanted to help me once I get my laptop back.
i call dibs on hidenori tho. Partly cause hes best character and he gets literary girl.

Zenfalcia

Why do i keep reading posts I miss.. it's never worth it
but i still do it anyways. The BestGAF crack is too strong.

That was a lot of gurren talk. Makes me want to rewatch gurren and then not do it.

ni1td9g.gif

Jman014

Korra game and show

I just found out today that the main villian in the Korra game (Hundun apparently) was voiced by Steve Blum. I honestly couldn't tell. He probably recorded those lines at the same time his book 3 line for Amon was recorded.

Anyway im thinking of fandubbing Daily lives and my voice doesnt have much range so if I did it by myself. So I was wondering if you guys wanted to help me once I get my laptop back.
i call dibs on hidenori tho. Partly cause hes best character and he gets literary girl.

I'll do it, give me any character, I ain't care. I'll get a buffer for my mic so it doesn't sound like shit, though.

I haven't seen the show yet but if you were to plan things out I would help out if I could, aside from working weekdays I have lots of free time

When I was watching the GL dub I thought it was acceptable, but when I started watching it subbed I was like "this is the only way, or emotion will be lost"

Did you guys see the new Did You Know Gaming on Killer Instinct with Matt and Woolie?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4VN-gwemZY&list=UUyS4xQE6DK4_p3qXQwJQAyA

I can't believe there's actually a Game Boy version of KI.

Yeah, someone linked that a page or two back. It was pretty cool. I didn't know that KI on the xbone played the KI theme when you moved through the menus.

I'm not that shocked that KI got a gameboy game. Tons of games got handheld ports. Serious Sam got a GBA port.

Is MM X2 and X3 worth picking up on the Wii U VC?

I'm torn between those two games and Golden Sun. I never beat GS.

Is Golden Sun worth the price of both combined? If you can drop one, drop X3. Compared to X and X2, it's a lot harder, less well designed (level, enemy and boss-wise) and easily the worst in the SNES series, in my opinion.

If you can't also afford Golden Sun, go ahead and buy the original Megaman X or Megaman (the original) 3. Both are really well made and excellent examples of the action/platformer genre.

ultimax

I always found the dub to be mediocre at best. English Kamina just doesn't have the same passion that Japanese Kamina radiates.

Speaking of Gurren Lagann though, am I a loser for whoring my wallet out to Aniplex to buy the blu-ray box set?
It's just a preference thing I guess, but I choose the dub any day of the week. English Kamina is the pinnacle of manliness.

And nah that makes you a true man

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta

It would be awesome. Possibly even better
worse
than our singing career.
Im in with my very monotone voice.

Is Golden Sun worth the price of both combined? If you can drop one, drop X3. Compared to X and X2, it's a lot harder, less well designed (level, enemy and boss-wise) and easily the worst in the SNES series, in my opinion.
You preferred X2 to X3? X is obviously leagues ahead, but X2 and X3 felt similar to me, with X3 having a few redeeming levels and bosses and music.

My anime club just watched Akira. Many of them had never seen it. When it ended, I turned around and half the club was standing next to my wheelchair. Apparently, I'm the unofficial explanation guy of the club now because I always know what's going on in the stuff we watch.

Squishy3

Korra game and show

I just found out today that the main villian in the Korra game (Hundun apparently) was voiced by Steve Blum. I honestly couldn't tell. He probably recorded those lines at the same time his book 3 line for Amon was recorded.
I knew it was Steve Blum as soon as they showed him for the first time before the game came out.

My anime club just watched Akira. Many of them had never seen it. When it ended, I turned around and half the club was standing next to my wheelchair. Apparently, I'm the unofficial explanation guy of the club now because I always know what's going on in the stuff we watch.
I hope you told them you didn't know.

That's how I am. It was the same growing up, my family ain't understand shit.

I should probably watch Akira,
(there are a lot of shows I need to watch)
and go to my uni's anime club.

Zenfalcia

Did you do the right thing and tell them to read the manga?

When I was home visiting last-last weekend we watched Edge of Tomorrow and I was the only one in the room who understood any of it.

Since I still live at home I try to make time to watch things with my mom here and there to keep a familial connection going, and I showed her Evangelion.

Big mistake.

She actually liked it quite a bit, weirdly, but she did not understand a single fucking thing of it.

Just stick with Shin, great way for newcomers to enter an old series.
This. The show takes many elements from both Mazinger and other Go Nagai series and puts them together into something really special. Even if you don't know where everything comes from, you'll still have a hell of a time.

I hope your answer for them was "read the manga, shitlords."

I should probably watch Akira,
(there are a lot of shows I need to watch)
and go to my uni's anime club.

I can't wait to get back into school when I move to Portland, primarily because unlike my old college this one has an anime club.

Imagine the sub vs. dub arguments I can get into in real life!
I won't though.
Gotta be a cool guy.

I don't see how it being harder makes it weaker. The only part I thought was unfair was the final boss and that's only because its hitbox is ridiculously small. Besides that they are about the same in terms of quality imo. With X3 slightly edging out X2.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Gotta teach the young ones about good anime.
My club is just ignorant in their tastes.(they never even seen Gurren)

I've got too much other things to read, Game of thrones for example
I can't make myself read A Song of Fire and Ice easily either, but All You Need Is Kill takes like one evening to finish, and it's riveting enough to not lose your attention.

I'm not saying you have to read it, but I would've recommended it over the manga by a long shot, and it's better than watching the movie.

So explain Akira because that shit makes no sense in the english dub.

360pages

You guys need to play the Zero series.

Also finally finished a new chapter, probably going to get one done once every two weeks rather than once a month,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom