• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent York

Neo Member
Armstrong is easily my favorite boss from Reveangence. My first encounter with him was a grueling back-and-forth struggle on Hard mode, and it is frankly the most unforgettable final boss that I have ever faced.

Does anyone else think it's a shame that Sundowner has so little health? It isn't too big a problem on first playthrough of course, but come on, why does the big brute of the group go down faster than any other member? I find him to be the most fun boss to fight, but I have to go at him with an un-upgraded machete to make the fight last longer than a minute.

I'm a madman, sure, but I am also a scientist

usC5fKQ.gif

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Does anyone else think it's a shame that Sundowner has so little health? It isn't too big a problem on first playthrough of course, but come on, why does the big brute of the group go down faster than any other member? I find him to be the most fun boss to fight, but I have to go at him with an un-upgraded machete to make the fight last longer than a minute.

I don't really have an issue with his health, but I do have an issue with being able to completely avoid his second phase. His second phase is way more interesting.

Armstrong is easily my favorite boss from Reveangence. My first encounter with him was a grueling back-and-forth struggle on Hard mode, and it is frankly the most unforgettable final boss that I have ever faced.

The biggest disappointment with Sundowner for me is that his first stage gimmick can be easily subverted and completely ignore his second phase.

EDIT: Damn, Guardian and I were on the same track.

Jman014

For being the head of security at World Marshall and the leader of the Winds of Destruction and Desperado Enforcement, I agree.

I like his accent and his music is ok.

I would like to remind everyone that I never claimed that I would do this well.

jBrQ2Ly.png

Make comments and I can edit things.

(edited to the newest one in case someone is trying to catch up with the thread)

So on the topic of action games. I'm playing through the OG DMC for the first time in many years and am flying through it. I remember it being hard back when I was a babby. Do you guys ever go back and play older games and get surprised like that?

There needs to be something on Liam

He never put anything goofy on that I could find. I'll keep hunting through the subreddit to see if I can find another picture.

Replace Liam with a picture of John Cena.

Why would I replace beautiful senpai with garbage?

I say replace the Pat pic with the one where he is wearing the lizard glasses, but other than it's parfekt.

Honestly I think the expression Pat has in this picture is perfect.

I'll make an update later tonight once everyone's had some time to put their thoughts in, assuming I have time before the topic closes.

So on the topic of action games. I'm playing through the OG DMC for the first time in many years and am flying through it. I remember it being hard back when I was a babby. Do you guys ever go back and play older games and get surprised luke that?

This one time, I picked Luigi's mansion back up and won everything forever with no effort

Jman014

I found out the other day that there's a sequel coming out. Maybe FNAF2 for Shitstorm 4 next year.

Just saw this and died

tumblr_mxbkn9UldI1sadq1eo1_400.jpeg

I support VarrickXZhu Li

He never put anything goofy on that I could find. I'll keep hunting through the subreddit to see if I can find another picture.

Why would I replace beautiful senpai with garbage?

Honestly I think the expression Pat has in this picture is perfect.

I'll make an update later tonight once everyone's had some time to put their thoughts in, assuming I have time before the topic closes.

I know this doesn't change his wrestling skillz but doesn't he have some sort of record for most wishes granted by a celebrity for the Make a Wish Foundation?

I know this doesn't change his wrestling skillz but doesn't he have some sort of record for most wishes granted by a celebrity for the Make a Wish Foundation?

I don't know anything about wrestling (I've never watched a match and only vaguely understand the jokes about wrestlers) so idk.

Please add a picture of Zack.

I don't like most of the pictures of him immediately available to me. He never really looks super goofy compared to the other delightful dorks on the show.
It's Zach, you've been revealed as not being a true fan!

Yeah, and he does a shit ton of charity work. He's at least on the surface an amazing guy, and I respect that, I also respect that his character has helped my nephew deal with some anger issues, but Jesus Christ do I not care about him at all in the ring or his character in any story ever.

Fun-fact: I once almost hooked up with a woman who claimed to have had sex with John Cena. It didn't work out because I had to leave, but one of these days I'm gonna find her then play his theme while doing it.

Yeah, and he does a shit ton of charity work. He's at least on the surface an amazing guy, and I respect that, I also respect that his character has helped my nephew deal with some anger issues, but Jesus Christ do I not care about him at all in the ring or his character in any story ever.

Fun-fact: I once almost hooked up with a woman who claimed to have had sex with John Cena. It didn't work out because I had to leave, but one of these days I'm gonna find her then play his theme while doing it.

John Cena is blameless and perfect, blah blah. It's the Helmsley-McMahons that we need to be blaming

Agent York

Neo Member
So on the topic of action games. I'm playing through the OG DMC for the first time in many years and am flying through it. I remember it being hard back when I was a babby. Do you guys ever go back and play older games and get surprised like that?
Not exactly the same situation, but I remember when I was able to play Tomba 2 again for the first time since my childhood, at how I was able to burn through the game over the course of a day. It seemed a lot longer as a kid, though the fact that I was tied-down to being able to play games for only 1 hour increments back then probably has to do with it seeming longer.

I recently went back and played through the X games. I'm having way easier time playing them compared to when I first got them. X1 especially.

croten

Yeah but with DMC3. Granted I was like 10 or something when I played that.

John Cena is blameless and perfect, blah blah. It's the Helmsley-McMahons that we need to be blaming

That's unfortunately true, for the most part, he's talked about how much he loves all these new guys and how he'd love to help them come up and be huge, but he's still their biggest draw and it would be stupid of him to not keep doing it, because helping people aside, he's making a fucking killing. He'd be stupid to quit while he can still go.

Not the same version, but Ninja Gaiden. Me and friend played NGB on the Xbox years and years ago and struggled to get far. Then earlier this year I played Sigma and breezed through it.

Yeah, they're not the same versions, but the core of it is still the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom