• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised you're going digital with Nintendo games given the no account system thing. I go digital with the 3DS, but most people treat that as if it's insane. Figured the Wii U would be the same. Might have to give digital a try on Wii U as well if the load times are 4x better.

Whats the worst that'll happen, I lose like 10 games? Har har

360pages

You're planning to go with slice of life then?

There are some that are good and hype with money behind it.
Aldnoah.zero was pretty hype.

So a manga about main characters/protagonists? Sure, i had a similar idea but have yet to come to fruition to crap art skills.

Maybe have some magical stuff in a more mundane setting. Explaining a Magic system is easier than explaining an entire world.

You're planning to go with slice of life then?

There are some that are good and hype with money behind it.
Aldnoah.zero was pretty hype.

So a manga about main characters/protagonists? Sure, i had a similar idea but have yet to come to fruition to crap art skills.
well the manga isnt about them being protagonist besides 4th wall breaking jokes, ive written the main plot before and im too lazy to write it again, also are we writing in spoiler tags???

Zenfalcia

Maybe have some magical stuff in a more mundane setting. Explaining a Magic system is easier than explaining an entire world.

uhh... Depends on the context.. Do you dump all the magic system on like character asking character how it works or do you write it off as it's magic and it works somehow.

well the manga isnt about them being protagonist besides 4th wall breaking jokes, ive written the main plot before and im too lazy to write it again, also are we writing in spoiler tags???

We can stop. I can talk without spoiler tags. Idk why I did it. As long as the jokes make people laugh, art is important at times and the pacing is good?

360pages

uhh... Depends on the context.. Do you dump all the magic system on like character asking character how it works or do you write it off as it's magic and it works somehow.

We can stop. I can talk without spoiler tags. Idk why I did it. As long as the jokes make people laugh, art is important at times and the pacing is good?

Probably have a character ask about it and slowly explain it. As long as it's not dumped in one chapter it should be fine. (Even then, getting it out of the way is probably for the best)

Zenfalcia

I heard the ending was a bit iffy. I don't like iffy endings. That's why I never watched Evangelion.

That's because it was supposed to be a 24 episode anime but then it was cut in half... Why not watch evangelion? It's a good series.

baby come back

you can blame it all on me

I was wrong and i just cant live without you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnfSoaJxe3Y

Probably have a character ask about it and slowly explain it. As long as it's not dumped in one chapter it should be fine. (Even then, getting it out of the way is probably for the best)

Er... Only if the context makes sense.. Like having a guy who SHOULD know about magic asking about magic is kinda off putting.. Which is why having the MC as a new guy always works to explain the setting and how things work.

I heard the ending was a bit iffy. I don't like iffy endings. That's why I never watched Evangelion.
I don't have a better word for iffy.
You could feel a bit weird about where it goes, but if you watch EoE in addition to episodes 25 and 26 it's fiiiine. In fact it gets really engrossing with End of Eva. It's not a bad ending, it's set up very well.

well I just wanted your guys thoughts on the first chapter, I still need to draw and write a few chapters.

Zenfalcia

Full disclosure: I cried.

;_;

It's ok you're with friend
ers
now.

tumblr_mkmipvUcxH1s9s0bdo1_500.gif

360pages

That's because it was supposed to be a 24 episode anime but then it was cut in half... Why not watch evangelion? It's a good series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnfSoaJxe3Y

Er... Only if the context makes sense.. Like having a guy who SHOULD know about magic asking about magic is kinda off putting.. Which is why having the MC as a new guy always works to explain the setting and how things work.

Well, that should go without saying.

Zenfalcia

well I just wanted your guys thoughts on the first chapter, I still need to draw and write a few chapters.

Gonna need to see some rough drawing first since it's all about putting those ideas into art and making it funny/good.

Well, that should go without saying.

You gotta also make sure you write it well so it's easy to digest and doesn't ruin the flow of the story. There's a lot to consider.

I gotta sleep now for early classes tomorrow. Peace yall.

Hey Pat, I miss your old Avatar of you rampaging Godzilla style and destroying everything.

Although Cartoon tsundere Pat is fine too.

So, like what are the top 10 Wii U games you are looking forward to?

I don't have one yet and by the time I have money for one pretty much every game ever will probably be released for it.

Mine:

1. Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
2. Wonderful 101
3. Zelda U
4. ZombiU
5. Star Fox U
6. Pikmin 3
7. Bayonetta 2
8. Kirby and The Rainbow Curse
9. Splatoon
10. Yoshi's Woolly World

I just say that about MGS because Kojima and Yoji wanted every design to be sexy, be it male, female, or machine.
But yeah I'm of the same mindset about it as you. Which is why I never like dealing with these fangly interweb terms, you can never know if the other person has the same definition as you.

snake-and-otacon-handshake-o.gif

I share every opinion you said brother

ocelot2.gif

In Call of Cthulhu, remember how Jack keeps seeing through the eyes of something on Innsmouth rooftops. Well, I was playing the game, one of those sequences came up, and I looked up where it was coming from. Look at the top of the far off building on the left side of these screenshots.

SPOILERS:

This was watching the guys the whole playthrough, and they never saw it. EDIT: This isn't a criticism, this is a statement of "that's fucking creepy".

http://i.picpar.com/mhfb.jpg

http://i.picpar.com/nhfb.jpg

http://i.picpar.com/ohfb.jpg

I need to finish Monster. I made it some thirty episodes in, and just those episodes were the greatest episodes of an anime I've ever seen. It's some masterclass storytelling.

Neol

I need to finish Monster. I made it some thirty episodes in, and just those episodes were the greatest episodes of an anime I've ever seen. It's some masterclass storytelling.

Its really one of those shows that you can't really burn through in one sitting. I remember trying to do it in less than a week but ended up just doing a few episodes a day. Made me appreciate everything a lot more.

Neol

.... Don't you mean Lunge?

His properly translated name is Runge but sounds like Lunge cause you know Japanese R and L sounds similar.
Dat Engrish. Not even joking.

Its interesting though because I believe the official website and translation has it set to Lunge as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom