• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
FUCK WHY AM I WORRYING ABOUT PROMOTIONAL ARTWORK FOR A CHARACTER I LIKE WITH OTHER CHARACTERS LOOKING FORWARD WHILE THE CHARACTER I LIKE IS THE ONLY ONE LOOKING AWAY LIKE IM SUPER FREAKING OUT OVER A MINOR DETAIL ON PROMO ART!!!!

Rutti

Guys there is a packet in a post office for me. There is only 1 think it could be. Now I have a big Ultimax hype and I still have to go to couple classes.

Shit, I'm only on Volume 2 still. Bad-ass, shit, though.

vagabond-3959043.jpg

Oberon

Banned
Yo, can anyone like, make a avatar out of this for me, obviously just of guts.

There's something missing....
I'll taken care of when I am back home.
Did you know that berserk invented the wheelskeleton?
And Skullknight is biggest badass!
What a hero! He wears his skeleton on the outside, instead of hiding it like us cowards!

God I don't like steam's Pricing for Canada. :( argh.

Also does anyone have that gif where the sad black kid is sitting down i've been trying to find it for so long and all i get is the one with the single tear. Ugh Google you suck.

Just out of curiosity, what would the legal ramifications be of doing a Super Best Friends Watch Twin Peaks? Not that I'm suggesting/implying anything, but is there any way it would be feasible from a not-getting-sued stand point?

Just out of curiosity, what would the legal ramifications be of doing a Super Best Friends Watch Twin Peaks? Not that I'm suggesting/implying anything, but is there any way it would be feasible from a not-getting-sued stand point?

it might work as a website exclusive. But the thing is they asked permission from the samurai cop guys to do a watch. I don't think it's possible for twin peaks.

Beloved

Oh man.

Why must you make me want things to happen that will probably never happen!

Rockk

it's possible but it would have to be released as an audio file and you sync up twin peaks yourself.

it's possible but it would have to be released as an audio file and you sync up twin peaks yourself.

Ah now theres a nice workaround. Kind of figured if anything it would have to be website exclusive, but I hadn't considered the audio idea... Again, not that I'm ever expecting this to actually exist... Just throwing it out there and whatnot.

Ah now theres a nice workaround. Kind of figured if anything it would have to be website exclusive, but I hadn't considered the audio idea... Again, not that I'm ever expecting this to actually exist... Just throwing it out there and whatnot.
Before anything like that they should do Bible Black or Face/Off. Matt has been teasing Bible Black for so long and I feel that the Best Friends awkwardly watching messed up hentai together is something we need
EDIT: not that I'm telling them what to do

demidar

That's how Rifftrax does it. Release an audio-only riff and let people manually sync it themselves either at home or at the cinema theater. You could probably do the same thing monetizing Let's Plays.

It's probably legal, since no copyrighted material isn't being distributed, but I ain't no lawyer.

Its really one of those shows that you can't really burn through in one sitting. I remember trying to do it in less than a week but ended up just doing a few episodes a day. Made me appreciate everything a lot more.
I read like half of Monster in a day. It fucking burnt me out, still haven't gone back.

That's how Rifftrax does it. Release an audio-only riff and let people manually sync it themselves either at home or at the cinema theater. You could probably do the same thing monetizing Let's Plays.

It's probably legal, since no copyrighted material isn't being distributed, but I ain't no lawyer.

image.php

Rutti

Yes! My "optical media worth 14,99 cad" a.k.a Ultimax has arrived! Now I just need to eat and then get playing.

My W101 order still hasn't come in the mail. It's been 9 business days wtf? It's physically not even far from me. Tracking info says it left a shipping facility in NY 9 days ago. I live in freaking Toronto.

Okingjrr

My W101 order still hasn't come in the mail. It's been 9 business days wtf? It's physically not even far from me. Tracking info says it left a shipping facility in NY 9 days ago. I live in freaking Toronto.
It's because Ramona Flowers isn't the one delivering the package.

Scott Pilgrim reference out of fucking nowhere.

I though the original comic sucked but loved the movie. Edgar Wright can make anything good.

The comic had some serious problems but it was pretty enjoyable when it wasn't trying to be too serious. I haven't seen the movie yet, but that actor that plays Scott can fuck off.

Emouse

The comic had some serious problems but it was pretty enjoyable when it wasn't trying to be too serious. I haven't seen the movie yet, but that actor that plays Scott can fuck off.

Michael Cera is arguably the worst thing about the movie, the rest is pretty good, I enjoyed the comics a lot but it almost felt like there was too much pop culture shit jammed into everywhere, at least Seconds didn't have any that I remember

movie music was pretty godlike tho

Okingjrr

Regular delivery guys can't use them subspace highways
It's sad, really.

I agree. The comic is really enjoyable in the early tomes but loses a lot steam by the time tome 4 comes around. I was still sad when it was over though.

I didn't like it when Michael Cera was announced to be Scott. He's not the first person I would've chosen. It grew on me and even though I still don't like the casting choice, I still enjoyed the movie.

Michael Cera is arguably the worst thing about the movie, the rest is pretty good, I enjoyed the comics a lot but it almost felt like there was too much pop culture shit jammed into everywhere, at least Seconds didn't have any that I remember

I agree. The comic is really enjoyable in the early tomes but loses a lot steam by the time tome 4 comes around. I was still sad when it was over though.

I didn't like it when Michael Cera was announced to be Scott. He's not the first person I would've chosen. It grew on me and even though I still don't like the casting choice, I still enjoyed the movie.

What was sad is even the final book didn't really pick back up from that drop in book 4. I'll watch that movie sometime, I at least think I'll like some of it.

Village

I'm not a big fan of that dudes comics, but even I knew that Micheal cera cast for any character that was supposed to have some symblance of hype was a terrible choice.

Duplolas

Banned
Scott Pilgrim is an awkward doofus so Micheal Cera is a great casting choice for him.

Micheal Cera is one of my favorite actors. The roles he plays are the most socially awkward roles
that I relate to the most.

Hes the main character in Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist
One of my favorite first date movies

Hes the main character in Scott Pilgrim (as you said).

Hes the kid awkward kid who has a crush on his cousin in Arrested Development.

Superbad

Hes the split personality awkward badass in Youth in Revolt.

And im sure theres more, but those are the only ones I know off the top of my head.

Yea, but there's something about Cera that puts me off.

Because hes super awkward, thats why! Hes the type of guy who just goes up to a girl and just goes Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Hi. Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Emouse

I'm not a big fan of that dudes comics, but even I knew that Micheal cera cast for any character that was supposed to have some symblance of hype was a terrible choice.

To be fair all his stuff is very similar, just SP is just way more OTT, I also never understood the Cera hype, he was almost too awkward which brought the whole mood down, and in the funny scenes it felt like he was trying to hard

Also still mad the Honest Ed's scene from volume 3 didn't make the movie because that was great

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom