• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alfebit

Banned
Let's check out my haul, will we.

So good. Hometown for days, baby, and another figure to find a place for.

But surely that can't be it, right?

OF COURSE NOT! STOP BEING STUPID!

Now that I have hair again, I wonder what else can make me cool?

Ah, there we are. Coolness achieved.

Dat eyepatch.

People are saying that one of Bayo's taunts in Bayonetta 2 is "if you want to know how to talk to a lady, ask your mom."

I need a Wii U.

Emouse

Just finished Bayo 1, that was awesome, and the endboss wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be, I still did pretty badly overall but in the end I had fun and don't care too much for the results, maybe I'll go back to it at some point

onwards to Bayo 2!

Oberon

Banned
Something is... Missing from my avatar.

somthing like this?
juDixXn.png

edit:I was too late!

I guess everyone is busy playing Bayo.

Pretty much. I got it as early as I possibly could and apparently I just spent a good three hours without realizing it. Not that the game would tell you: the in-game clock is strictly your time in individual, completed verses, not counting exploration, retries, practice mode, etc.

Anyway, some thoughts after playing through a couple early chapters on 2nd Climax (yeah yeah, I know I'm a scrub):
  • The final version of the game is fast. MUCH faster than the demo prepared me for. Maybe it's because I'm no longer forced to play at the lowest difficulty, but there's been a lot of times so far where I've gotten hit because I wasn't paying ENOUGH attention. The framerate during fights is also smooth as all fuck. Great stuff.
  • Grading is far more strict this time around, particularly on speed. Your earned medal drops incredibly fast if you don't play as expediently and efficiently as possible. Pure Platinum is going to be a massive pain.
  • Learn to Dodge Offset! The bulk of your damage comes from combos that end in two Wicked Weaves, so landing them both successfully is pretty clutch. Particularly against medium-sized enemies that are resistant to hitstun and juggling.
  • Take your time and look everywhere you possibly can during the 'exploration' segments, especially off the beaten path. They've stuffed the bulk of upgrades in a lot of areas that aren't particularly well obfuscated, but incredibly easy to pass up if you're not actively looking for them. To stress how important it is: there's at least two full health and magic upgrades in Chapter 1 alone. Channel your inner Pat and search that fucking grid!
  • Aside from being the game's multiplayer, Tag Climax is also P*'s solution to grinding for halos. Make sure to spend some time with an AI partner to unlock your base skills quickly - most of them are very useful and worth practicing with as early as you're able. Bat Within (dodge upgrade), the launchers, the stingers and Umbran Spear (a short-range teleport to a locked-on enemy) are all highly recommended.

So far, Bayo 2 is fucking nuts. It may not have the same raw length as W101, but the breadth of content and depth of combat is staggering. The game is a steal for how much you can potentially get out of it and well worth getting a WiiU for.

Nordicus

Hajime no Ippo: ep 9
Flicker Punch? More like Dhalsim Zoom Punch.

Does this mean that every big opponent is gonna have some crazy anime move, cause if so, that's gonna be hilarious.
A lot of people get a real move that gets anime'd up visually. Flicker punch is an actual thing.

Bayo 2 is way faster than the original, and it's actually making the whole game feel so much better. I prefer this infinitely to the original.
I watched Little Witch Academia for the first time today. That was pretty good. So good that I'm sad that it never got a full show. Hopefully LWA 2 can get one.
Rewatch it sometime, there's an amazingly cute detail in just the first scene.

Alfebit

Banned
The blonde girl is in the audience for the show, she was a fan.

I may or may not just be acting like I knew this before watching the Demo D video.

Oh ok, I never saw her but I was aware of her being a fan.

Edit: Just watched it. Saw her within the first 20 seconds.

Man, Wii U Bayonetta...feels so much better than when I played it on PS3. I am so happy that I finally got to play this game as it was meant to without getting a 360.

I just got done watching the White Day shitstorm. Liam acted the same way I would have acted. Throwing shit everywhere.

Pat also had the same Bloodborne background I had for a while. Neato.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom