• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

360pages

I remember how awesome nightmare of nunnally where Rolvo could freeze time as well as air, so Nunnally reached infinite speed to beat him.

360pages

Actually, how many of you read Nightmare of Nunnally, it pretty much a weird mix of Guyver. Where Nunnally kid of fuses with this being and got powers. I think...it's pretty hard to explain.

I don't know if I'm gonna continue, I was never into "hype shit" outside of video games and kill la kill probably isn't gonna change my opinion on that

da3.gif

360pages

Here's a short summary of it.

Though some of the basic plot points remain the same, the storyline revolves around Nunnally, Alice and Nemo instead of Lelouch, Suzaku and C.C.. One of the key differences is that people can be born as "Wired", meaning that they have a latent Geass ability without forming a contract, though they can still gain an additional Geass ability through a contract. Lelouch's Geass is also different in this spin-off as instead of absolute obedience he has the power of invulnerability, gained through a suit of black armor that resembles a more heavily padded version of his wardrobe as Zero in the original series.

Nunnally Lamperouge is a blind and wheelchair-bound girl who was once Nunnally vi Britannia, a princess of the Holy Empire of Britannia, until she was exiled to Japan with her older brother Lelouch. Years later, when Japan is conquered and renamed Area 11, Lelouch is caught in a terrorist attack by Japanese rebels in the Shinjuku ghetto, where encounters a girl named C.C. and disappears with her before an explosion destroys the area.

Worried about her brother, Nunnally attempts to investigate the Shinjuku as the governor of Area 11, Clovis la Britannia, orders all the ghettos to be destroyed to hide C.C.'s existence. As Nunnally gives into her rage and despair that Britannia has taken everyone she loves and left her helpless in the world, a strange doll with a Geass symbol on it emerges. The doll, named Nemo, offers Nunnally the power to make Britannia pay for taking everything away from her, but in exchange, Nunnally must fulfill Nemo's wish. When Nunnally accepts the contract, Nemo fuses with her, causing a humanoid Knightmare Frame to appear in a flash of light, and grants Nunnally's revived body the ability to "read the lines of the future".

As per their contract, Nemo tells Nunnally that from now on she will protect Nunnally as her knight. From there on, Nunnally and Nemo work together to discover Lelouch's whereabouts while fighting various enemies such as the Britannian Special Honorary Foreign Legion "Irregulars", honorary Britannians with Geass powers; and the Order of the Black Knights, led by the mysterious masked man Zero.

This taken from the wiki

Emouse

Huh, never heard of this till now

Yes, his mind is too strong.

Also I was looking for the Xrd trailer because why wouldn't I be? And I came across this. This is too many levels of ridiculous.

That's absurd, do they think the entire nation will freak because a bit of boob like what even

Xiraiya

I don't know if I'm gonna continue, I was never into "hype shit" outside of video games and kill la kill probably isn't gonna change my opinion on that

I tend to feel the same way, TTGL was fine to watch but I never felt personally attached to any of the characters or anything going on, I could appreciate that I was watching insane cool stuff, but that's all it was, it wasn't insane cool stuff that drew me in or made me care about it, KLK seems like that exact same thing but with naked school girls.

I mean... at that point my eyes glaze over and I start to ponder the intricacies of humanity instead where my doubt in regards to it's future begins to intensify.

I tend to feel the same way, TTGL was fine to watch but I never felt personally attached to any of the characters or anything going on, I could appreciate that I was watching insane cool stuff, but that's all it was, it wasn't insane cool stuff that drew me in, KLK seems like that exact same thing but with naked school girls.

I mean... at that point my eyes glaze over and I start to ponder the intricacies of humanity instead where my doubt in regards of it's future begins to intensify.

Thats kinda how I feel about that, I really need characters more then anything its why I don't like action movies

360pages

You guys are the exact opposite of me. I really couldn't care much for game of thrones setting wasn't interesting enough and maybe because I have a short attention span, but I just could feel for it.

While quicker paced stuff grab my attention faster. Which is weird since I love writing slower paced stuff, but actually reading or watching slow stuff makes me want to see something else.

I tend to feel the same way, TTGL was fine to watch but I never felt personally attached to any of the characters or anything going on, I could appreciate that I was watching insane cool stuff, but that's all it was, it wasn't insane cool stuff that drew me in or made me care about it, KLK seems like that exact same thing but with naked school girls.

I mean... at that point my eyes glaze over and I start to ponder the intricacies of humanity instead where my doubt in regards to it's future begins to intensify.

Look deeper. Find the meaning and the message behind the insanity. Let the cool shit be what it is- the spectacular conveyance of a message rooted in the human condition. For TTGL, it's "evolve past who you are and become who you aspire to be." For Kill La Kill, it's "Find value in the individuality of yourself and in your relationships with the unique people around you."

6a0120a95a88d5970b01a73e1880c6970d-800wi

You guys are the exact opposite of me. I really couldn't care much for game of thrones setting wasn't interesting enough and maybe because I have a short attention span, but I just could feel for it.

While quicker paced stuff grab my attention faster. Which is weird since I love writing slower paced stuff, but actually reading or watching slow stuff makes me want to see something else.

I like fast, slow, medium pacing, all of it is good if there's something I'm interested in, Game of Thrones isn't actually that much of my thing. I like it and think its a good show, but there are a lot of issues I take with a lot of stuff. I enjoy watching GoT, and certain other aspects, but it falls victim to the same thing Walking Dead does, in that there's a lot of stuff happening that doesn't matter, focus on characters I don't care about and stuff being super predictable.

I can love anything as long as it's good and sometimes when it's not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom