• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the ultimate political revenge fantasy. Very easy to understand why a lot of people would be into that.

I'm in it for how the author handles this weird, incredibly fucked up concept that he's created. Also, I genuinely like the main character and want to see him succeed. Despite the horrible murdering. If nothing else, the author's driving this weird, politically charged car very very fast off the edge of an unfinished publicly funded overpass and I'm just sitting in the passenger seat laughing and wondering what's going on.

I see. When does all the other stuff come into play? Also, how do I learn about all the other stuff?

The next level of Pokemon comes down to prediction, anticipation, and choice. Teams can win at lower levels, but at the top, just having a powerful team doesn't guarantee a win. Smart team choice, using Pokemon that fit your playstyle, and scheme and accurate predictions are key.

Anticipation has been downplayed, with the addition of team preview, but you still need to feel out your opponent. Knowing what kind of set your opponent is running on his Pokemon is a massive advantage, that you can induce from seeing what their other Pokemon run.

360pages

The next level of Pokemon comes down to prediction, anticipation, and choice. Teams can win at lower levels, but at the top, just having a powerful team doesn't guarantee a win. Smart team choice, using Pokemon that fit your playstyle, and scheme and accurate predictions are key.

Anticipation has been downplayed, with the addition of team preview, but you still need to feel out your opponent. Knowing what kind of set your opponent is running on his Pokemon is a massive advantage, that you can induce from seeing what their other Pokemon run.

This guy knows, it's also a big reason why Charizard is a decent threat. Sure you could probably know what Mega stone a Charizard is running due to the team make up, but you never know for sure if it's an X or a Y.

Predicting switch or staying in and setting up, realizing when it's safe to do so and having varied attack on your pokemon is a big part of the meta game.

Zenfalcia

It's a bad one... I'm not gonna buy them. I remembered I have no money.

When I went to watch the anime, though, I started watching a different show and it took me five episodes to realize it wasn't Cardfight Vanguard.

Yeah. I was going to bring it up, but I thought you'd realize it eventually. :p

What was the show? was the selector weiss? or something else?

Jesus Christ. Is there a starter guide or something?

What was the show? was the selector weiss? or something else?

It was some show where there's a virtual world and money and stands and betting and fights. It was weird and I still don't know how I confused the two, I just remember having absolutely 0 knowledge as to what CFV was and just clicked the wrong thing on Hulu.

OOO is pretty good. It could be though that it was my first Kamen Rider after seeing the western Kamen Rider Dragon Knight peaked my interest.

It was some show where there's a virtual world and money and stands and betting and fights. It was weird and I still don't know how I confused the two, I just remember having absolutely 0 knowledge as to what CFV was and just clicked the wrong thing on Hulu.

I don't understand how you got confused with C:The Money of Soul and Possibility Control and Vanguard

Speaking of cards, which I know embarassingly little about, I played Magic the Gathering for the first time like 4 days ago or something.

Those games are fucking fast. The dependence on draw for mana and cards is kinda lame, but otherwise it's actually a quick fun game, casually.

Zenfalcia

That's so generic I can name like 5 animes.. close or have similar premises..

That's so generic I can name like 5 animes.. close or have similar premises..

Apparently it was "C" They used cards to use their money, so I guess that's what confused me.
C_Blu-ray_Disc_vol_1.jpg

It was... Very middle of the road. It was set in a college, so that was at least different, but it was super standard and not very interesting in most other regards.

Zenfalcia

Apparently it was "C" They used cards to use their money, so I guess that's what confused me.

It was... Very middle of the road. It was set in a college, so that was at least different, but it was super standard and not very interesting in most other regards.

It seems like an interesting premise?

Holy shit guys I feel so bad for Pat playing Phobia. This shit would be a nightmare for someone like him.

There will eventually be a shitstorm where he legitimately has a heart attack while playing.

I'm glad the video ended as it did. The monster looks fucking stupid. It was scarier without it.

Zenfalcia

It's not terrible, people earn money through doing stand battles and there's some alright animation, it just didn't grab me. Check it out if that sounds interesting, like I said, it's not bad.

I can't. I haven't even started on this season's anime or the big series i've missed in the past. Like usagi drop, cowboy bebop, samurai champaloo etc.

It's not terrible, people earn money through doing stand battles and there's some alright animation, it just didn't grab me. Check it out if that sounds interesting, like I said, it's not bad.

The betting system actually made no sense in any context. The only interesting premise to me was what happened to them after they lost a battle.

There will eventually be a shitstorm where he legitimately has a heart attack while playing.

I'm glad the video ended as it did. The monster looks fucking stupid. It was scarier without it.

The atmosphere does a really good job, I'm like midway through. That part at the beginning where his door closes was really appropriate

Hey what do you guys think of love triangles or such in shonen animes? Like the whole hinataxnarutoxsakuraxsasuke situation in Naruto? Like where part of a group of friends like each other.

Hey what do you guys think of love triangles or such in shonen animes? Like the whole hinataxnarutoxsakuraxsasuke situation in Naruto? Like where part of a group of friends like each other.

Hate them more than anything. I'm already not huge on romantic subplots, adding a triangle makes me furious and lose all interest.

It was what immediately made me stop watching Chuni season 2.

Like all romances. If it's handled well, okay. If not, fuck it.

Most of the time, they are terrible. Romance is something most writers need to stop trying,

360pages

Like all romances. If it's handled well, okay. If not, fuck it.

Most of the time, they are terrible. Romance is something most writers need to stop trying,

How I feel honestly, it's okay if it's just a vanilla romance between two characters as they grow to like one another in the background of story events happening. They become friends then they become lovers. THEN END IT THERE! Have them in a relationship if you make a next part, but don't try to add a love triangle or any of that shit later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom