• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
I kind of had an idea for a fantasy novel or game that starts with the a well adored queen of a powerful kingdom being assassinated because her identity, her being a succubus, had been exposed. Her killer is a sort of Simon Belmonty fucker who brags about how he saved the world from that demonic wench. The twist being that the Succubus had a heart of gold and was using her influence on the King, who had once been a mad tyrant, to make the world a better place. She was kind to the people around her. After her death, the king returns to his murderous ways and the kingdom goes back to shit. The main character would need to kill the king and then go after the self proclaimed "hero" and get revenge.

But I am watching the OVA o.o
I just didnt like it. Gratuitous violence isnt my cup of tea. Also mary sue characters are a major turn off for me, I still dunno why I liked DB goku.

1. Gratuitous violence is great
2. Do you mean protagonists? Because a protagonist is an invincible force of nature that always succeeds, a Mary Sue is someone who does that without being interesting or entertaining.

I do respect your opinion though. You are excused from watching Hellsing.
Metal Sonic is still garbage.

Everyone else watch Hellsing. Nazi vampires vs. Alucard in a sick red trenchcoat! Hot ladies with the biggest
guns
ever! Everyone in this show from the main character to the main antagonist is a crazy badass! There's a battalion of church soldiers called Iscariot!

360pages

But I am watching the OVA o.o
I just didnt like it. Gratuitous violence isnt my cup of tea. Also mary sue characters are a major turn off for me, I still dunno why I liked DB goku.

To be fair DB goku lost quite a bit and was a complete idiot most of the time.

DBZ Goku was a bit more interesting, because he was actually flawed. (He valued fighting over common sense, let his 11 year old son fight a bug android and let Fat Buu go because he wanted to give everyone else a chance,)

2. Do you mean protagonists? Because a protagonist is an invincible force of nature that always succeeds, a Mary Sue is someone who does that without being interesting or entertaining.

Everyone else watch Hellsing. Nazi vampires vs. Alucard in a sick red trenchcoat!
I admit that alucard looks cool but if a character is just too op that nothing can beat him I feel like everything loses tension when the protagonist is around. I dunno I just dont like it >_< like the final brawl in gurren had a shit load of tension like woah. I dunno plus I dont really like the art style or vampires.

Zenfalcia

Everyone else watch Hellsing. Nazi vampires vs. Alucard in a sick red trenchcoat!

Violence is the best. Except when censored so hard it might as well not exist..

Now all it needs is a moe girl version or more girls. Genderbend alucard.. imagine it.

I admit that alucard looks cool but if a character is just too op that nothing can beat him I feel like everything loses tension when the protagonist is around. I dunno I just dont like it >_< like the final brawl in gurren had a shit load of tension like woah. I dunno plus I dont really like the art style or vampires.

Gurren had no tension whatsoever! Come on, man, they
never lost a single fight in that entire fucking show!

Violence is the best. Except when censored so hard it might as well not exist..

Now all it needs is a moe girl version or more girls. Genderbend alucard.. imagine it.

1670512-girlycard.jpg

d728bcf7.gif

This is her. She is literally Alucard taking the form of a little girl. She is in the manga prequel.

Gurren had no tension whatsoever! Come on, man, they
never lost a single fight in that entire fucking show!
cough
Also theres a difference between never losing and never losing without breaking a sweat
dai gurren dan were getting their asses handed to them during the first half of the final fight.
Personally I have no fun if a game has god mode. Its just kinda boring.

360pages

Now that I think about it, Dragon Ball has a lot more tension, because you were wondering if Goku was ever going to win a tournament. He lost the first two, even if he was the runner up.

Yeah they won...but at what cost man....what cost!?
What im trying to say is that I dont like it when a character wins fights constantly without much effort. Its boring for me. I like to have my protagonist be beat up to a bloddy pulp and be in the hospital for weeks after a battle and they nearly died but managed to win some how.
The only times its ok is if its used for comedic purpose like in OPM

cough
Also theres a difference between never losing and never losing without breaking a sweat
dai gurren dan were getting their asses handed to them during the first half of the final fight.
Personally I have no fun if a game has god mode. Its just kinda boring.

If you think Hellsing is just Alucard stomping his enemies, you are mistaken.

Well from the episodes ive seen it seems like thats just it, and again massive blood pools and people getting choped in half all the time and babies on spikes does not make a series good for me.

Yeah they won...but at what cost man....what cost!?
What im trying to say is that I dont like it when a character wins fights constantly without much effort. Its boring for me. I like to have my protagonist be beat up to a bloddy pulp and be in the hospital for weeks after a battle and they nearly died but managed to win some how.
The only times its ok is if its used for comedic purpose like in OPM

Guy, I'm telling you that that's not what Hellsing is. You haven't seen enough of it to know what you're talking about.

It's fine if you don't like it. I'm just saying, the criticism you gave was inaccurate.
Well I get that I cant give a full critisim since I havent seen the full series, thats just how I feel about it so far. Im gonna watch the whole series since toonamis airing it before Cowboy Bebop, a series I need to watch as well but im liking it a lot.

Well I get that I cant give a full critisim since I havent seen the full series, thats just how I feel about it so far. Im gonna watch the whole series since toonamis airing it before Cowboy Bebop, a series I need to watch as well but im liking it a lot.

And you're sure it's the OVAs? The episodes of those are like an hour or more long.

Also, whatever our differences, COWBOY BEBOP IS FUCKING HYPE

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Since when did Nintendo team up with Playboy? Waiting for that Rosalina cosplay from them now.

Since now apparently, I kinda hope this picks up mainstream attention(more on the positive side of things and not argumantive side) just to see what happens from here, it might inspire nintendo to do more things like that.

You can't just post a gif of that episode! You need video!

English

Japanese

Now the real question. Dub or Sub?

The sub lyrics are way better.
Everyone is at the center of their own world is way better than there are a lot of people in the world with a lot of centers.

Since now apparently, I kinda hope this picks up mainstream attention(more on the positive side of things and not argumantive side) just to see what happens from here, it might inspire nintendo to do more things like that.

Weren't their ads that contained women chained to their 3DS? I think the SBFC talked about it once.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
The sub lyrics are way better.
Everyone is at the center of their own world is way better than there are a lot of people in the world with a lot of centers.

Weren't their ads that contained women chained to their 3DS? I think the SBFC talked about it once.

At E3 2010(NIntendo's best E3 ever) when the 3DS was unveield at the end all the people who were were invited to play 3DS and then reggie got a whole bunch of chicks with 3DS's strapped to their waist to come out.

When the 3DS was originally unveiled the demo units that journalists could try were chained to a woman's waist. It was weird and fantastic.

At E3 2010(NIntendo's best E3 ever) when the 3DS was unveield at the end all the people who were were invited to play 3DS and then reggie got a whole bunch of chicks with 3DS's strapped to their waist to come out.

Thanks I've been searching where all that started.

I hope Nintendo does more advertising to the adult demographic for stuff like Bayo and Senran Kagura in a mature way with other companies.

I somewhat understand Hakan being an octopus, but why isn't Ryu dressed up in a dragon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom