• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matt and Pat got me into Dark Souls.

Matt's hype got me into DP. I was a huge MGS nerd before, so sharing that with the crew is cool.

I have a lot of similar game tastes to all 4 of the guys, so that's why I stick around to watch them. They cover a wide spectrum of video games, even though that all specialize in fightans.

croten

3 or 4 people LPs get too hectic, 2 is the optimal number, 3 also increases the chance of Liam being there, which you really don't want, so anytime he's not part of a duo, it's a win for me.

url-17.gif

Xiraiya

I'm sure everyone has one or two LPs they didnt like.
Many might agree with nuzlocke.. i know i do.
I would have liked nuzlocke without Liam, he killed that so hard for me with his bullshit, I would have been perfectly happy watching Matt be utterly useless and Woolie just getting lost.

joe2187

Banned
I spent way to long playing the Bayo demo.

I need to try some of my other new games.

Should I play more W101? Start ZombieU? Start MonHun3? MK8? or Super Mario 3D world?

croten

Should I play more W101? Start ZombieU? Start MonHun3? MK8? or Super Mario 3D world?

Lots of good things here. MH3 is great you should get started on that but I don't know if you should do that over W101

Zenfalcia

I would have liked nuzlocke without Liam, he killed that so hard for me with his bullshit, I would have been perfectly happy watching Matt be utterly useless and Woolie just getting lost.

Well Liam didnt help with the LP. It hurt so much when they got facts wrong. I canr really say much since i only watched to episode 7? Something like that.. It's just not fun to see someone play pokemon.

Do all of them.

360pages

Well Liam didnt help with the LP. It hurt so much when they got facts wrong. I canr really say much since i only watched to episode 7? Something like that.. It's just not fun to see someone play pokemon.

Do all of them.

I really enjoy Chugga play pokemon, especially XD and Coliseum

Okingjrr

Play ZombiU for the spookiness or W101 if you need your action fill.

If you start MK8 I can race you later on tonight after the hockey game.

I would love to get on MK8 again but you guys get home way too late for me. Timezones and stuff.

I love it when they play games I've never thought twice about before, I'd never even looked at Yakuza until they played it, same with Walking Dead and Deadly Premonition, and I was always left with a need to play them myself.

However, I love it just as much when they play really good games I know, for example I've always been a big fan of Eternal Darkness and I got pretty hyped when I found they were doing an LP of it because I wanted to see Pat's reactions to all the crazy shit.
Same with me. I was never interested in Dark Souls cause it looked like generic fantasy to me
boy was i dumb
and Yakuza I didnt want anything to do with cause when I saw ads for it I thought it was GTA but with Yakuzas
i had no idea that some Yakuza were actually cool nice guys that help the community.

Emouse

Same with me. I was never interested in Dark Souls cause it looked like generic fantasy to me
boy was i dumb
and Yakuza I didnt want anything to do with cause when I saw ads for it I thought it was GTA but with Yakuzas
i had no idea that some Yakuza were actually cool nice guys that help the community.

because Yakuza is a tough guy who doesn't afraid of anything

Okingjrr

I've played like 4 or 5 of the games they've played.
They got me interested in platinum games and spooky scary survival horror games, not that I've played that much but I find those genres more attractive now.

Zenfalcia

It can work, but ideally it's edited to be more watchable, or streamed.

Streaming helps since viewers can provide input and get more involved. Cutting out boring parts helps a lot and creates more work for the uploader. Maybe if it was planned better nuzlocke might have worked better?

Alone, but he does get is audience involved with nicknames and he also keeps his team a mystery (He plans his team out and what not) Colosseum is probably my favorite LP of his.

Ah, so he probably had a plan going in which would make it alot more entertaining than doing it blind/semi blind.

I actually really liked the Chrono Trigger LP. It is one of my top 5.

Also, I Matt said on tumblr that the Yakusa 4 LP was one of their least watched. I really liked that one, too. What is everyone's opinions of that LP?

I really liked Yakuza 4... but I was pretty disappointed with their LP of it sadly. Crono Trigger was great at first, but last few eps, besides the finale, were kinda boring to me. Their enthusiasm, particularly Matt's, just drained away.

Argh!
Guess what Mangas I just found and bought!

Akumetsu!?

Akumetsu.jpg

360pages

I was thinking about writing something inspired by Baoh, Witchblade and guyver. About a lifeform attaching themselves to the character and changing them and giving them abilities.

Jman014

I've played like 4 or 5 of the games they've played.
They got me interested in platinum games and spooky scary survival horror games, not that I've played that much but I find those genres more attractive now.

I played Revengeance and Deadly Premonition once those came out on PC because of them. 10/10 would recommend.

Super fucking late to the party but:

Rx91h2N.gif

Hey Chaobreaker how was your first taste of watching hockey?. I think your team plays tonight.. I think.

Excitement but then disappointment in 3 minutes. Leafs are playing again on the 11th.

Canadiens? Maple Leafs?

Maple Leafs. Yes I know.

Donald Duck looks like Adachi.

http://imgur.com/gallery/GLd5n

The rest I dunno, I blame this all on Miku.

Why are the Lion King characters white?

Zenfalcia

The film takes place in a unnamed sub-Saharan African serengeti. It would make more sense for them to have the features of the people of the region, no? It's just consistency.

Which is why they are white. Remember the indigenous white population of africa?
lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom