• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first sign of a bad console port to me is when lower and higher framerate changes the entire speed of the game, since that's definitely a console thing and not a PC thing, you notice it in nearly every emulated game ever (Which are all technically terrible ports requiring hardware power well beyond their quality), lower framerate causing everything to run in slow motion, even audio.
I think Re4 HD had this issue if you had max 60 on when your computer couldn't handle it.

Well it seems to be a uncommon problem probably related to your graphics card. Things like that are, ironically, common in most PC games. I have yet to see a flawless PC game that has had no issues with anybody.

I wasn't even really that mad. Just irritated, because this is basic stuff.

SR2, now that made me angry.

Xiraiya

I don't really think it counts as them beating the game when there are 3 DLC areas to go yet, I'm kind of surprised
they're fighting the queen first
before doing them.

Besides, no (FINAL) In the title, so it's not over yet.

joe2187

Banned
Saw that edit! It's fine tho.
Yea, the game feels good. That said, my only experiences with bayo is the first game's demo on 360 a few years back and the wii u demo.

Hold on to your butts.

I wish I could experience my first infinite climax for the first time again.

Archgan

Shockingly enough, it didn't drag like Crono Trigger or Nuzlocke either. They were able to keep it interesting the whole way through
imo.

I actually really liked the Chrono Trigger LP. It is one of my top 5.

Also, I Matt said on tumblr that the Yakusa 4 LP was one of their least watched. I really liked that one, too. What is everyone's opinions of that LP?

Okingjrr

Hold on to your butts.

I wish I could experience my first infinite climax for the first time again.

Can't wait for the 8th of november! That's when I get back from my vacation and get my hands on Bayo.

They Said they are doing the DLC after so expect that in the future or soon. I hope they do Demon's Souls, I want Woolie to experience The Tower of Latria

I think we'll start seeing the DLC areas this sunday or monday, the ride ain't over yet!

Emouse

Did I miss the FFXIII port discussion?
Also, DMC3 PC is really bad. I can't even play the game on my PC anymore. So many problems

Mine just finished downloading, though possibly won't play it till the weekend
not even sure how well it'll run on my PC

croten

Also, I Matt said on tumblr that the Yakusa 4 LP was one of their least watched. I really liked that one, too. What is everyone's opinions of that LP?

I really liked it. I understand why it was their least watched though, it's a weird niche japanese game.

Okingjrr

I really liked it. I understand why it was their least watched though, it's a weird niche japanese game.

Is the view count lower than that of the Way of the Samourai LP?

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own

brother.

Reading initial stuff on the Gaf thread about the 720p lock doesn't really bother me too much since I have a 1366x768 monitor. Only thing that's weird to me is the actual size of the game

Oh yeah, it's a 60GB file. Better clear some space for it.

Yakuza 4 was okay, but it's hard for even the most surface 2BFP fan to follow along with an LP of a game that's in its 4th iteration.

Having said that, holy shit they missed out on some crazy dumb bullshit.

Jman014

I loved that Yakuza 4 playthrough. It made me wish I didn't sell my PS3.

Rutti

I really liked it. Too bad that watching that LP made me salty about Yakuza games not being localized.

I saw that LP and went "fuck, I want to play Yakuza". So that day I went out of my house, down to the game store, picked Yakuza 3 and 4 up and then went home and played them.

Xiraiya

They Said they are doing the DLC after so expect that in the future or soon. I hope they do Demon's Souls, I want Woolie to experience The Tower of Latria

I really think Pat and Woolie just need to do the entire souls series together, they're great games and they're fun to watch, it's really an easy option for doing something that produces tons of quality content.

Archgan

Is the view count lower than that of the Way of the Samourai LP?

The Way of the Samurai doesn't actually have that low of a view count. Probably because it is easy to re-watch.

Edit: Also, the Yakuza view count isn't that bad. There are worse series like the end of Nuzlocke and Shaolin Monks.

Duplolas

Banned
I loved that Yakuza 4 playthrough. It made me wish I didn't sell my PS3.

I think most of the LPs are going to get good rep on NeoGaf because most of you guys have played the game before or even have heard of it.

I would consider myself an average gamer. A... CASUAL!

I play League of Legends and TF2 mostly, but go back and play on my Gamecube and Sega from time to time.

For Yakuza, I never had even heard of the game before. I gave it a shot, but just didn't like it. I feel like if I had played it before or even heard of it before, I would have been way more interested, but I hadn't.

My favorite LPs have been for sure the ones I have played before. Also, shorter LPs I find a bit nicer. Dark Souls 2 has been an exception, but that is because I have been playing along with them.

Besides those things, I would love to see more than just 2 people in a LP. I liked the videos where everyone from the cast or atleast 3 were in it. They brought up more talking points and even talked about stuff that didn't have to do with the game.

The Dark Souls 2 LP is good, but if you examine it for what types of content speech wise are in it, it is mostly just tips. It is more of a walk through than anything else. What makes it funny is when Pat fucks up in giving his tips and Woolie (or me) dies fucking too.

Comparing the LPs of GameGrumps and TBFP also comes up. GameGrumps makes more jokes about what is actually going on in a game than anything. When they fuck up, people don't laugh as much because the entire video is full of stupid shit. Where as in TBFP - Dark Souls 2, the funniest shit happens when Woolie dies because the shows are mostly serious, providing lore and tips for people playing the game.

-my opinion

Oberon

Banned
Uhh, does it have ber or serk in the name?

Kiss X Sis.

Berserk.

Not only that!
It's Berserk with the GOOD coverart

ciX2hBe.jpg

It's the Volume in which Guts fights
Cthulhu, well kinda :)
Oh yeah and Prison School! I didn't even know it would be released in french!

Zenfalcia

Not only that!
It's Berserk with the GOOD coverart

It's the Volume in which Guts fights
Cthulhu, well kinda :)
Oh yeah and Prison School! I didn't even know it would be released in french!

French prison school.. interesting.

Do you mean the water god?

Xiraiya

I think most of the LPs are going to get good rep on NeoGaf because most of you guys have played the game before or even have heard of it.
I play League of Legends and TF2 mostly, but go back and play on my Gamecube and Sega from time to time.
For Yakuza, I never had even heard of the game before. I gave it a shot, but just didn't like it. I feel like if I had played it before or even heard of it before, I would have been way more interested, but I hadn't.
My favorite LPs have been for sure the ones I have played before. Also, shorter LPs I find a bit nicer. Dark Souls 2 has been an exception, but that is because I have been playing along with them.
Besides those things, I would love to see more than just 2 people in a LP. I liked the videos where everyone from the cast or atleast 3 were in it. They brought up more talking points and even talked about stuff that didn't have to do with the game.
The Dark Souls 2 LP is good, but if you examine it for what types of content speech wise are in it, it is mostly just tips. It is more of a walk through than anything else. What makes it funny is when Pat fucks up in giving his tips and Woolie (or me) dies fucking too.
Comparing the LPs of GameGrumps and TBFP also comes up. GameGrumps makes more jokes about what is actually going on in a game than anything. When they fuck up, people don't laugh as much because the entire video is full of stupid shit. Where as in TBFP - Dark Souls 2, the funniest shit happens when Woolie dies because the shows are mostly serious, providing lore and tips for people playing the game.
-my opinion

I love it when they play games I've never thought twice about before, I'd never even looked at Yakuza until they played it, same with Walking Dead and Deadly Premonition, and I was always left with a need to play them myself.

However, I love it just as much when they play really good games I know, for example I've always been a big fan of Eternal Darkness and I got pretty hyped when I found they were doing an LP of it because I wanted to see Pat's reactions to all the crazy shit.

Archgan

I haven't actually played a lot of the games they have, either. I just looked at their playlists real quick and I've only ever played 2 of the games they did for a full LP. I still like most of the playthroughs with a few exceptions *cough*Nuzelocke*cough*.

Xiraiya

3 or 4 people LPs get too hectic, 2 is the optimal number, 3 also increases the chance of Liam being there, which you really don't want, so anytime he's not part of a duo, it's a win for me.

Zenfalcia

I haven't actually played a lot of the games they have, either. I just looked at their playlists real quick and I've only ever played 2 of the games they did for a full LP. I still like most of the playthroughs with a few exceptions *cough*Nuzelocke*cough*.

I'm sure everyone has one or two LPs they didnt like.
Many might agree with nuzlocke.. i know i do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom