• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Revengeance was Platinum and Konami, which was responsible for it?

Revengeance is the type of PC port I'd want for MGS.

Eh, still not a very good standard, seeing that the game fucking breaks when you use HDMI, and it still hasn't been fixed.

I've lost hope in the MGSV port. Japanese and PC games don't mix.

Whose the worst PC port now Pat?

The worst port I played was Two worlds 2 on PS3. Laggy, unresponsive, takes like 2 minutes to load every NPC. But Two Worlds 2 is crap on any system so yeah.

Edit: kind of ironic everyones talking about FF13 I traded FF13 and Two Worlds 2 for Dragon's Dogma, Best decision I ever made.

Xiraiya

I'd be looking around in the files, there could be some sort of .ini somewhere that might allude to what would be graphical settings that can be changed manually, I mean they have to be set somewhere, even console games have some sort of settings in the dev kits.

croten

Eh, still not a very good standard, seeing that the game fucking breaks when you use HDMI, and it still hasn't been fixed.

I've lost hope in the MGSV port. Japanese and PC games don't mix.

Revengance worked perfectly fine for me, what was wrong with using HDMI?

Well for 15 dollars, it's not worth getting THAT upset about, but at the same time wishing for more FF on Steam is a pipe dream. Squeenix cares about mobile.

The price is irrelevant. There's no excuse for not having something as simple as the ability to change graphical options. I don't care if it's $60 or free.

I mean she's kind of hot but otherwise meh. Definitely not my waifu.

I don't get how people like Lightning. Even if you don't focus on her extremely bland personality, she has like no sex appeal. It makes no sense. Why do people like her?

Jman014

I don't get how people like Lightning. Even if you don't focus on her extremely bland personality, she has like no sex appeal. It makes no sense. Why do people like her?

Not sure, she's voiced by the same lady that voices Liara from Mass Effect and Palutena from Kid Icarus.

Wow um... that person is... I'd rather keep my judgments to myself

You love it tho.

XIII's Lightning has better waifu potential than Returns' Lightning.

#DestinyIsDestiny

The price is irrelevant. There's no excuse for not having something as simple as the ability to change graphical options. I don't care if it's $60 or free.

The only thing I really like about Lightning is her personality. She's tough, despite her appearance, and she doesn't put up with shit. You don't need Life or Hometown to find her attractive.

I could get SW2 working on my PC just fine, so I never got the hate for it. Maybe it's because I didn't get it at launch.

Eh, depends on what you would consider working. It's a buggy, glitchy mess of a port. Updated my post with a link to a fun LP. Jeffrey the human antenna is a good example, he's around the 20 minute mark.

Idk how bad the DMC3 port actually is, only ever heard people say that it is bad.

I don't know and I hope it's on the same level as Rising but there is still a chance they could fuck it up.

Rising was ported by Platinum and was never intended to be on PC when originally developed. MGSV: GZ/TPP are being done by KJP, and with PC in mind when developing.

Rising was ported by Platinum and was never intended to be on PC when originally developed. MGSV: GZ/TPP are being done by KJP, and with PC in mind when developing.
Thanks for clearing it up. Good to hear it's being developed with it in mind, I'm excited to see Metal Gear releasing on PC.

I do like her design in XIII. That's it.

When she's not being a huge cunt, she's being a frigid bitch. Lightning is the worst.

It does? I'm using HDMI fullscreen a lot of the time and it works just fine. Maybe it only affects a certain gen of cards?
Where you playing on 1080p? Where you using RadeonPro? Borderless Fullscreen?

I had to use Fullscreenrizer to get the damn game to work. I would open options, and completely go black when I changed resolution.

croten

Yeah and DS2 had PC in mind when they were developing that and they still fucked it up with the game being tied to the frame rate. keeping PC in mind doesn't mean shit to me until I see a reason otherwise.

Alfebit

Banned
There's a dedicated Lightning fan ITT that says otherwise lol

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=133578110&postcount=2205

OH worse port for me? SNES DOOM MAN! That shit was terrible.

Doc-Rivers.gif

croten

I do like her design in XIII. That's it.

When she's not being a huge cunt, she's being a frigid bitch. Lightning is the worst.

Where you playing on 1080p? Where you using RadeonPro? Borderless Fullscreen?

I had to use Fullscreenrizer to get the damn game to work. I would open options, and completely go black when I changed resolution.

Why not just run it in borderless? is there a problem with that?

Xux

Lightning was an asshole but she did kind of had an arc and got better towards the end of FFXIII. The sequels happened, tho, and undid that and Lightning Returns added that bit about
her capacity for happiness being removed from her and being manifested as a copy of her sister.

Xiraiya

Yeah and DS2 had PC in mind when they were developing that and they still fucked it up with the game being tied to the frame rate. keeping PC in mind doesn't mean shit to me until I see a reason otherwise.

It may not always mean as much as you want it to, but it definitely means enough, DS2 overall runs far better than Dark Souls ever did, so...

Where you playing on 1080p? Where you using RadeonPro? Borderless Fullscreen
Rising ran like a dream on max settings for me, while Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 ran like garbage even in Menus, like 15 frames.

croten

It may not always mean as much as you want it to, but it definitely means enough, DS2 overall runs far better than Dark Souls ever did, so...

What I'm saying is until I see proper graphics options I'm going to remain cautious. Japan doesn't have a good record for PC ports.

Xiraiya

What I'm saying is until I see proper graphics options I'm going to remain cautious. Japan doesn't have a good record for PC ports.

Well I don't disagree with that, they were being lazy, unless they used some backward ass engine, it shouldn't be a big deal for them to patch it in.

Xux

Well I don't disagree with that, they were being lazy, unless they used some backward ass engine, it shouldn't be a big deal for them to patch it in.
This could probably be the case for FFXIII, lol. I'm sure it's just the suits in the company wanting it rushed out the door, tho.

croten

They could but they probably wont, modders will come to the rescue if possible but I don't want to rely on mods to play a game. Just get it right and prove me wrong Konami

Xiraiya

They could but they probably wont, modders will come to the rescue if possible but I don't want to rely on mods to play a game. Just get it right and prove me wrong Konami

Considering all the info about the Fox Engine, it sounds pretty safe to say it's the kind of engine that will be just fine for PC ports, rather than being an engine made strictly for console hardware and struggling to run in a "inconsistent hardware" environment.

croten

Considering all the info about the Fox Engine, it sounds pretty safe to say it's the kind of engine that will be just fine for PC ports, rather than being an engine made strictly for console hardware and struggling to run in a "inconsistent hardware" environment.

It's not the engine I'm worried about, it's the people handling the game. Either way we find out in december

Honestly it sounds like you just had a baffling software/hardware conflict going on with Rising since you're the only person I've seen who had issues running HDMI with it.

I know that the issue is on the PC Gaming wiki so I can't be the only one.

I am the only one that I saw who had the fucking menu break when I changed resolutions in fullscreen, so that might be a thing. I did just fire up the game again, and everything seems to work as intended.

But it was still beyond irritating to have to putz around with the game to get it to work.

Rutti

Honestly it sounds like you just had a baffling software/hardware conflict going on with Rising since you're the only person I've seen who had issues running HDMI with it.

I also had similar issue. I had to use RadeonPro to force it to launch in 60Hz.

croten

I know that the issue is on the PC Gaming wiki so I can't be the only one.

I am the only one that I saw who had the fucking menu break when I changed resolutions in fullscreen, so that might be a thing. I did just fire up the game again, and everything seems to work as intended.

But it was still beyond irritating to have to putz around with the game to get it to work.

Well it seems to be a uncommon problem probably related to your graphics card. Things like that are, ironically, common in most PC games. I have yet to see a flawless PC game that has had no issues with anybody.

Xiraiya

Well it seems to be a uncommon problem probably related to your graphics card. Things like that are, ironically, common in most PC games. I have yet to see a flawless PC game that has had no issues with anybody.

The first sign of a bad console port to me is when lower and higher framerate changes the entire speed of the game, since that's definitely a console thing and not a PC thing, you notice it in nearly every emulated game ever (Which are all technically terrible ports requiring hardware power well beyond their quality), lower framerate causing everything to run in slow motion, even audio.

360pages

Damn, I missed all the Lightning talk!

She as a character, is alright, but holy shit people are kind of over the whole cold solider female character at this point.

You can write that type of character well if the only they are more than a stock hardass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom