• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oberon

Banned
I can't keep up with you guys, a second ago you were talking about....i don't actually know what the subject was.
But now you're back to Naruto!
I am done!

Village

Naruto as a franchise was never going to die with the manga, and there's no reason for it to. Of course, it would be awesome if they were making a thing with new characters, but whatever.

I would like them to take this chance to focus the games on the new futureverse and exspand on the world. Like the samura , they were sick. And introduce new kids, and see whats up with konohamaru

360pages

More Lancer? Sweet! I was pissed at how little he was in Heavens Feel

Actually, everyone is back...it's kind of confusing how it works though.

It's more of solving a mystery then anything else. It's closer to a slice of life series in that regard.

The only reason that im excited for the new Naruto movie cause it looks like Naruto and Hinata are finally gonna be a thing and make out and stuff.
happy-happy-joy-joy-o.gif

360pages

I would like them to take this chance to focus the games on the new futureverse and exspand on the world. Like the samura , they were sick. And introduce new kids, and see whats up with konohamaru

Yeah, have the old characters as background/ teachers and focus on a new up and coming group. Maybe have Naruto be the knew Kakashi or Jiraiya or something.

Rutti

I think I'm gonna drop Naruto when Kishimoto leaves. Haven't enjoyed it for a while now and just coming along to see it end. No need to prolong that after the main guy leaves. Tho I do like the Rock Lee spin off manga (haven't seen the anime version) and I will keep following it.

360pages

Fate/Persona 4?

Kind of, weird things have been happening around the town, so Shirou and Saber go around investigating. Also, all the routes are canon, even the ones you didn't see. There are a few fights, but it's really about uncovering the odd events that are unfolding.

No that is a reason

There was a zombie ninja war with demons

And then asura's wrath happened

Naruto is superdumb but if you wait sick shit happens

No but the problem is that sick AND VERY STUPID shit is happening and Naruto, Sakura, and Sasuke keep showing up and opening their fucking mouths

Remember what we're discussing. This is still Naruto. Don't get so hype.
I dunno when the tagline for the movie is "the final story, and first love" I have a feeling romance might be an important part of the plot, namely Hinata waiting for Naruto as he goes and fights the moon.
I think Hinata was my second anime Waifu

Wow, since when did you get promoted to member?
Hinata became my waifu a while back, but was sadly replaced by Hilda from Beelzebub.

360pages

No that is a reason

There was a zombie ninja war with demons

And then asura's wrath happened

Naruto is superdumb but if you wait sick shit happens

Even though I think part 2 is written way worse than part 1, part 2 has lazor ninjas. With nuclear explosions and what not. The fights are at least interesting to say the least, even though some of them can be draggy (Ten tails fight as a whole)

croten

Kind of, weird things have been happening around the town, so Shirou and Saber go around investigating. Also, all the routes are canon, even the ones you didn't see. There are a few fights, but it's really about uncovering the odd events that are unfolding.

I saw all the routes unless you mean that ones that weren't in game.
such as the much needed Harem end

360pages

No but the problem is that sick AND VERY STUPID shit is happening and Naruto, Sakura, and Sasuke keep showing up and opening their fucking mouths

If I may ask, what part of it that you dislike. It's okay if you hate Naruto, hell I'm not even completely sure why I still either. But at the same time, I think the concepts are fun enough for me to watch.

I think it's just too long for its own good.

360pages

I saw all the routes unless you mean that ones that weren't in game.
such as the much needed Harem end

Yep, due to something happening, Rin and Llya fused all the different realities together. This isn't really a spoiler since it doesn't have anything to do with the mystery. Just an excuse to have everyone back really...well except for one person...

Village

Even though I think part 2 is written way worse than part 1, part 2 has lazor ninjas. With nuclear explosions and what not. The fights are at least interesting to say the least, even though some of them can be draggy (Ten tails fight as a whole)
Part two introduced the samurai corps, And compitent black anime people that are sick ass ninjas. And had the author strait up apologize for a character

croten

Yep, due to something happening, Rin and Llya fused all the different realities together. This isn't really a spoiler since it doesn't have anything to do with the mystery. Just an excuse to have everyone back really...well except for one person...

As long as I get more Saber I'm happy.

360pages

Part two introduced the samurai corps, And compitent black anime people that are sick ass ninjas. And had the author strait up apologize for a character

Killer Bee and the Raikage are pretty impressive characters considering they actually do shit and help. Even if Killer Bee raps all the time!

If I may ask, what part of it that you dislike. It's okay if you hate Naruto, hell I'm not even completely sure why I still either. But at the same time, I think the concepts are fun enough for me to watch.

I think that it does not earn its over-the-top-ness nor do its characters evolve properly. I think it does cool stuff sometimes, but it's not very good.

360pages

I think that it does not earn its over-the-top-ness nor do its characters evolve properly. I think it does cool stuff sometimes, but it's not very good.

I can see that, though I'm not sure about not earning its over the topness, but I will agree the characters don't evolve properly at all.

But it did give us this picture.

Spoiler I guess.

CVfJ74U.jpg

I cant speak for anyone, since I can still tolerate the show but hate what its become, the reason that I dont like Naruto is that the protagonist has become the epitome of a mary sue, he has godly powers and wants to save everyone, when you cant save everyone. He has become something that the original Naruto wasnt and thats destined to become a hero.
this goes against one of my favorite story arcs between Neji, Naruto, and Hinata. How destiny doesnt determine your fate and that you can change who you are. The story shits on this by having Naruto be apart of a legendary prophecy Naruto literally pulled a Star Wars. In the original trilogy Anikin was just a dude, he wasnt a legendary space knight who would save the universe. He was just a dude who was tempted to the dark side because he was human. Naruto was just a kid with shit circumstances and the only thing special about him was the fact that he had the kyubii inside his gut.then shippuden comes along and has Naruto be apart of a legendary clan that makes him super tough and the reason he was so resiliant and had so much stamina wasnt because he worked so hard and became strong but because his blood said he did. He is literally the reincarnation of Ninja jesus.

Emouse

as much as I'm loving shitstorm I apparently can't deal with video game spiders, even if they are really bad, the thumbnail for the video is also terrifying

spiders fucking suck yo

360pages

I cant speak for anyone, since I can still tolerate the show but hate what its become, the reason that I dont like Naruto is that the protagonist has become the epitome of a mary sue, he has godly powers and wants to save everyone, when you cant save everyone. He has become something that the original Naruto wasnt and thats destined to become a hero.
this goes against one of my favorite story arcs between Neji, Naruto, and Hinata. How destiny doesnt determine your fate and that you can change who you are. The story shits on this by having Naruto be apart of a legendary prophecy Naruto literally pulled a Star Wars. In the original trilogy Anikin was just a dude, he wasnt a legendary space knight who would save the universe. He was just a dude who was tempted to the dark side because he was human. Naruto was just a kid with shit circumstances and the only thing special about him was the fact that he had the kyubii inside his gut.then shippuden comes along and has Naruto be apart of a legendary clan that makes him super tough and the reason he was so resiliant and had so much stamina wasnt because he worked so hard and became strong but because his blood said he did. He is literally the reincarnation of Ninja jesus.

I actually agree with this. One of Naruto's best point is how ones birth or fate does not define them, you can become anything you wish with enough hard work and motivation. Something Part 1 of nartuo was amazing at. Even the nine-tails was a bad thing that he managed to turn into something positive.

The thing people hated him for was used as something to enhance his life. And slowly more and more people started to respect him, this was really noticeable after the Chunin exams. Of course this was thrown out the window in part 2

Village

I can see that, though I'm not sure about not earning its over the topness, but I will agree the characters don't evolve properly at all.

But it did give us this picture.

Spoiler I guess.

CVfJ74U.jpg

Mystical giant robot fist bump in the middle of the fight tho

wamberz1

as much as I'm loving shitstorm I apparently can't deal with video game spiders, even if they are really bad, the thumbnail for the video is also terrifying

spiders fucking suck yo

I find spiders overrated. Scorpions on the other hand...

I have been thinking about why I love Earthbound and Persona 4 so much. Both games may not seem so similar but hear me out on this. The one thing that really speaks to me in these games is that all of the surreal fantasy stuff is juxtaposed next to normal life. In Persona, you have the troubles of youth/approaching adulthood in high school while combating demons from the neatherrealm. In Earthbound, Ness and company balence out their quest that involves cults and dreamlike lands with going back home to mom.

I dunno why I wrote that haha :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom