• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rizzi

I started Chaika Coffin Princess.

You know what I like about this show? It's just a fucking adventure. It's weird how few straight up adventure anime there are now. But this is a goddamm group of people going across a continent looking for shit.

And I like how adorable Chaika is.

Rizzi, have you played Hotline Miami? I actually think the Vita version is the best one. There are also a few Ys games on vita that are all awesome.

Yep to Hotline Miami and Ys. :D

The best genre is children's card game, tho. That's why I'm pushing for Selector infected WIXOSS. It's pretty much Madoka the Gathering* and has a catchy opening

*If you like your children's card game to be explained in the anime, it's only fair that I warn you that it's like first season Yu-Gi-Oh where the game isn't explained and the matches seem arbitrary in their execution

The best genre is children's card game, tho. That's why I'm pushing for Selector infected WIXOSS. It's pretty much Madoka the Gathering* and has a catchy opening[/URL

Hadn't heard about this. I'll watch it later tonight.

It's fucking terrible, just watch any other show that released this season. I did not use the term abortion jokingly in my post. It's just, well, HHMMMNNFNGGG *Pat noises*

But I watch all the new anime. I can't not watch it, that's like, not possible, bro.

Hadn't heard about this. I'll watch it later tonight.

But I watch all the new anime. I can't not watch it, that's like, not possible, bro.
Don't say I didn't warn you.

That actually isn't bad at all.
TBH I don't like Database but I find it just mediocre. That song is actually half decent,
I'll believe the show is shit though.
Edit: Now I was just being mean and angry because of the show it's attached to and my pre-existing distaste for that kind of music, it's not garbage but it's not great either.

Zenfalcia

So I watched the first episode of Trinity Seven because a friend told me it would be cool, it's not.

You like plot, story- and character building? You do? Well fuck that bullshit and fuck you too, buddy! Here, let me introduce you to your new harem instead! It's a bunch of bitches! Congraturations! And -besides little miss decent and pure over there- they're all a bunch of superpowered perverts, just like you! What an amazing happenstance! Hmm? What's that? Do we have tsundere's and loli's as well? PROBABLY MOTHERFUCKER! You just wait and see! Now, what's all this yammering? You didn't like it? Let me try to convince you one last time with the worst song since Database
wow wow

FUCKING HELL! Maybe I'm overreacting but I'm genuinely upset that this abortion of a show exists. BLUECH!

BLUECH I SAY!

I'm watching that later tonight. Excited to see what my opinions are.

I read the manga.. And let me tell you.
It's not going to be great. Unless you like a similar story to Highschool DxD with fanservice and magic everywhere. It's enjoyable to an extent.

I've played some of P2, finished P3 and P4.
I don't like P2 very much. It's so clunky.

Yeah, it's not great. I'd tell you to push through it just because the story and characters are really good (arguably the best in the series), but if it's extremely unbearable then just watch an LP or something.

Another recommendation would be to get the FF games if you haven't already played them. Megaman X4 and I think X5 are also now Vita compatible so that's another option.

Zenfalcia

The best genre is children's card game, tho. That's why I'm pushing for Selector infected WIXOSS. It's pretty much Madoka the Gathering* and has a catchy opening

*If you like your children's card game to be explained in the anime, it's only fair that I warn you that it's like first season Yu-Gi-Oh where the game isn't explained and the matches seem arbitrary in their execution

I tried.. so hard to watch past episode 3, but middle school girls and card games and also loli magic girls. I just can't. Unless someone pushes it hard, I'll probably wont' finish it
unless i force myself to.

I tried.. so hard to watch past episode 3, but middle school girls and card games and also loli magic girls. I just can't. Unless someone pushes it hard, I'll probably wont' finish it
unless i force myself to.

It's not for everyone, but I will say that episode 5 has something happen that I really enjoyed and is what makes me draw the Madoka comparison. So if that episode doesn't compel you watch the rest, then I'll stop there.

Zenfalcia

It's not for everyone, but I will say that episode 5 has something happen that I really enjoyed and is what makes me draw the Madoka comparison. So if that episode doesn't compel you watch the rest, then I'll stop there.

Ok, I'll give it another try then. I've watched worst before so it shouldn't be a problem.
I'll do it just for you.

Edit: Now I was just being mean and angry because of the show it's attached to and my pre-existing distaste for that kind of music, it's not garbage but it's not great either.
Don't worry about it, you weren't out of line at all. I don't blame you for hating it based on the show or disliking the genre, I was just surprised.

Your feelings toward a show/other media affects your opinion of its music for sure. That Berserk OP would make me want to gouge my eyes out if it weren't attached to all the not-so-fuzzy feelings and awesomeness of the Berserk anime.

Zenfalcia

Stop, stop, my dick can only get so hard.
tumblr_m6jg3dfw121r2b52pki.gif

Don't worry about it, you weren't out of line at all. I don't blame you for hating it based on the show or disliking the genre, I was just surprised.

Your feelings toward a show/other media affects your opinion of its music for sure. That Berserk OP would make me want to gouge my eyes out if it weren't attached to all the not-so-fuzzy feelings and awesomeness of the Berserk anime.

I was suprised as well. I've never had such a strong negative reaction to a show before, not even Boku no Pico.

Touch Screen lock-on works great and solves the biggest issue with the game on controller. And it's a great handheld game.

Reminds me of how I played Hotline on PC with the controller. I only found out that you had a lock-on button after I finished the game.

Lock-on is babby mode and so is using KB/M. Be a man and use the wonky control stick aiming and miss 50% of the time- it makes it more exciting.

Zenfalcia

This and the scene where he keeps putting the gun in his pants and accidentally firing it are the best things to come out of that movie.

I don't know.. There's a few other ones that are pretty good, but not at the same level of good.

Edit: Aww.. I just realized I could've used the archer gifs.. Oh well.. Save that for another time.

360pages

Writing sure is a strange thing.

It's gotten to the point where I'm thinking about it more often than not.

Also, I start to realize just how daunting the entire thing is.

Squishy3

Reminds me of how I played Hotline on PC with the controller. I only found out that you had a lock-on button after I finished the game.

Lock-on is babby mode and so is using KB/M. Be a man and use the wonky control stick aiming and miss 50% of the time- it makes it more exciting.
I remember discovering the first time you could look ahead of where you were.

Alfebit

Banned
Watching today's shitstorm and when that ant explodes all up in his asshole the character just calmly says "I should eat something." I'm dying.

*commits sudoku*

Anyway...

What is everyone's favorite combination of the Best Friends?

I really dug Liam and Pat in Barkley: Shut Up and Jam Gaiden.
You put two 5's in the same column, damn you cant even commit sudoku right.
i have to go with Liam and Pat, the Barkley playthrough was too good!

BazzBro

Hey, maybe you should
acquire skill.

I love Artorias, because blocking him is literally only going to make the fight harder. I love it.

its the worst

i cant handle this last second maneuver stuff

I cant even handle human players in RTS's because of the micro my hands shake uncontrollably

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom