• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spotted on the sub-reddit
avqK0gJ.jpg

Just edit the image out of quotes and it'll be fine

its the worst

i cant handle this last second maneuver stuff

I cant even handle human players in RTS's because of the micro my hands shake uncontrollably

You just got learn what attacks are safe to attack on.

Stinger, Rising Tackle, Roar, and Buff are all safe. Spin2win isn't safe at all. His goo toss is okay, if you position yourself well enough. If you have a good rolling attack, his flip slashes are also okay to attack on. Better be quick to roll afterward.

What weapon are you using anyway?

Xux

*commits sudoku*

Anyway...

What is everyone's favorite combination of the Best Friends?

I really dug Liam and Pat in Barkley: Shut Up and Jam Gaiden.
I dunno about favorite but I'd love to see more Creepy Anime Bullshit and Huntin' and Killin' with Liam and Matt.

BazzBro

You just got learn what attacks are safe to attack on.

Stinger, Rising Tackle, Roar, and Buff are all safe. Spin2win isn't safe at all. His goo toss is okay, if you position yourself well enough. If you have a good rolling attack, his flip slashes are also okay to attack on. Better be quick to roll afterward.

What weapon are you using anyway?

I can get him down to 20% health with most of my estus still there

but i always make the mistake

I roll a second too soon or too late

i should of dropped my shield

So I actually started playing Higurashi.

Boy, that story picked up quickly. Still on the first episode, the main character has a cold at the moment, and people are starting to act weird. I'm glad that the pace really picked up, because those opening moments were pretty dull.

Boy, that story picked up quickly. Still on the first episode, the main character has a cold at the moment, and people are starting to act weird. I'm glad that the pace really picked up, because those opening moments were pretty dull.

Is Higurashi a VN or did you mean watch?

I've been meaning to watch Higurashi the anime for awhile, though.

Morning Nerds!

I'm going to start either IPPO or some slice of life animu at work today.

Oh, and the best video combo is Matt and Woolie pre-Nuzlocke.

Is Higurashi a VN or did you mean watch?

I've been meaning to watch Higurashi the anime for awhile, though.

VN.

I had to a bit of messing around with files so I could get the PS2 assets in the original game. Because the original art is, to quote Pat, woof.

9519.jpg

woof.

PS2 art is better, if a bit generic.

11387.jpg

Nordicus

I love Higurashi (anime). The art style is deceptive in a kiiinda Madoka Magica way.

Lots of gory murder, even to children. Nuff' said

I love Higurashi (anime). The art style is deceptive in a kiiinda Madoka Magica way.

Lots of gory murder, even to children. Nuff' said

Dude, spoilers.
lol

Have you guys played Mother and Mother 3?

Tried a bit of Mother, and about half of Mother 3. It was really hard for me to get into the Mother series, as Earthbound never came out here. Took a while for me to learn of it, and then another while to figure out the naming scheme. It didn't help that the whole series is weird in general either.

demidar

Morning Nerds!

I'm going to start either IPPO or some slice of life animu at work today.

Oh, and the best video combo is Matt and Woolie pre-Nuzlocke.

Since when have you started watching anime, and at work no less?

VN.

I had to a bit of messing around with files so I could get the PS2 assets in the original game. Because the original art is, to quote Pat, woof.

9519.jpg

woof.

PS2 art is better, if a bit generic.

11387.jpg

I actually prefer the original shitty art, because even if it is shitty it stands out more than the cleaner art. Makes it more personable.

Since when have you started watching anime, and at work no less?

My Weekend job isn't very demanding and can be very slow. Working as a dispatcher one day a week on the slowest day for service calls gets really boring.

As far as watching anime, where have you been? Aaron and I get heated about Show Evangelion vs E of E ending Evangelion.

demidar

My Weekend job isn't very demanding and can be very slow. Working as a dispatcher one day a week on the slowest day for service calls gets really boring.

As far as watching anime, where have you been? Aaron and I get heated about Show Evangelion vs E of E ending Evangelion.

I must've missed that because time zones are a bitch.

Either way you should watch Hunter X Hunter.

More like: you buy into all of that frustrating bullshit Hideki Anno throws at people in E of E, ESPECIALLY THAT HOSPITAL SCENE!

But! It's not frustrating! It's the ending that was originally intended! They foreshadow the shit out of it and the one in the series doesn't have it! A definition of the word "Neon" is "Brightly colored liquid." And a definition for the word "Genesis" is "Humanity coming together." And the word "Evangelion" means "An angel bringing luck." So an angel bringing humanity together in a bright liquid! The name of the series references the plot of EoE!

And I don't care what Anno or any of those other producers say, shit was intentional and not "Just for coolness."

I have arguments with my friend, because he likes evangooliam and I don't

I have that same argument with a friend all the time. Unfortunately he can't form an argument for why he thinks it's bad beyond "Shinji is whiney and the ending doesn't make sense." But the ending does and he's full of shit!

I always thought both EVA endings complement each other pretty well. I buy into the "
one is accepting instrumentality, one rejects it"
theory. Both are good endings that I find fit the rest of the show pretty well.

My favorite part of EVA is how you can feel how it was made by somebody struggling with depression. Both endings thematically make sense that way, too.

But! It's not frustrating! It's the ending that was originally intended! They foreshadow the shit out of it and the one in the series doesn't have it! A definition of the word "Neon" is "Brightly colored liquid." And a definition for the word "Genesis" is "Humanity coming together." And the word "Evangelion" means "An angel bringing luck." So an angel bringing humanity together in a bright liquid! The name of the series references the plot of EoE!

And I don't care what Anno or any of those other producers say, shit was intentional and not "Just for coolness."

If it was intentional, we the viewers would've been given a glaring hint in those last 2 show episodes, not a nearly 2 hr long film where it plays as an alternate timeline of the show's events.

Sugarcoat however you want, viewers were not led to believe in the original show that
LCL is what humans turn into after accepting Lilith. Neither was that Shinji had a choice in the Third Impact of choosing humanity over primordial soup.

Nothing in the original show airings alludes to these 2 things.

I always thought both EVA endings complement each other pretty well. I buy into the "
one is accepting instrumentality, one rejects it"
theory. Both are good endings that I find fit the rest of the show pretty well.

My favorite part of EVA is how you can feel how it was made by somebody struggling with depression. Both endings thematically make sense that way, too.

That's especially where EVA resonates well with me. It comes from someone who has some dark demons to deal with and especially with depression. I relate to Anno's views on depression, because I've been there at points in my life.

Village

I have that same argument with a friend all the time. Unfortunately he can't form an argument for why he thinks it's bad beyond "Shinji is whiney and the ending doesn't make sense." But the ending does and he's full of shit!

I have a why I think its bad argument, but lets save that for a day I feel like typing up an essay on meaninglessness.

I'm more of a ghost in the shell guy.

Nothing in the original show airings alludes to these 2 things.

Except all of the series!
They constantly make reference to LCL and Human Instrumentality and the relation of those two things. The pilot's role in deciding everything. The original ending is bullshit and doesn't wrap up anything but a single part of Shinji's character. They don't reference those things, which is exactly what it's shit, because the truth the series has hinted at up until that point is completely discarded in favor of a clip show because of no money.

Seriously, I've watched Evangelion every couple months in its entirety since watching it and they fucking reference all of EoE. It's so heavily foreshadowed that it has made me hate the original ending more and more with each viewing.

I have a why I think its bad argument, but lets save that for a day I feel like typing up an essay on meaninglessness.

I'm more of a ghost in the shell guy.

I've had this same argument too many times to bother anymore. Like, literally a hundred times in different places and at the end of the day it gets down to taste, since I fundamentally disagree with the concept that Eva isn't good.

Except all of the series!
They constantly make reference to LCL and Human Instrumentality and the relation of those two things. The pilot's role in deciding everything. The original ending is bullshit and doesn't wrap up anything but a single part of Shinji's character. They don't reference those things, which is exactly what it's shit, because the truth the series has hinted at up until that point is completely discarded in favor of a clip show because of no money.

Seriously, I've watched Evangelion every couple months in its entirety since watching it and they fucking reference all of EoE. It's so heavily foreshadowed that it has made me hate the original ending more and more with each viewing.

The show was about Shinji! It was about him coming to grips with his inner demons and issues of insecurity. Mitsuragi, Asuka, Rei are all flawed in their own unique ways but compared to Shinji they were secondary but equally flawed from our POV, not Shinji's.

I can't argue LCL wasn't foreshadowed in the show, because you are correct it is, but we were never given any idea that humanity could be easily consumed into LCL all on the whims of a single human boy.

As feel good as the original ending is to EVA, I can't just accept E of E just hand waving the original show ending, budget restraints notwithstanding.

If Anno wanted to show us what he did in E of E, he would've done so even with budget issues.

I really don't have a strong opinion of EVA one way or the other, I think it's great but it's, literally, 2deep4me

The weird thing about Eva is that the super layered shit and all the symbolism isn't even the point of the series. Most people see that and just assume "I don't get this series." But the actual message is super simple, "Don't close yourself off." Accepting the reality of your situation, moving forward and letting others in is almost all of what the primary point is. There's a ton of other stuff, like, a shit ton, but the message of facing your problems is one anyone can understand and relate to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom