• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like how that game has a more informative trailer than some AAA games. Like, it has actual gameplay footage.

I pray to the Gods, Old and New, that the Best Friends do a full playthrough of this. It is dynasty is dynasty.
FTFY

On another note the Corsair K70 RGB is so cool, even if it is the most useless feature to have ever existed on a keyboard that needlessly ramps up the price.

Edit: It's nice to see that people are already fighting in the Duck Dynasty thread. Predictable.

So...have any of you read anything recently? Like actual books.

Man it's been awhile. I read all the time when I was younger yadda yadda. The last books I got into were Brave Story by Miyuki Miyabe, Brave New World by Aldous Huxley, and The King In Yellow by Robert W. Chambers.

Brave New World was super sloppy, but it had good ideas about what the future could become.
Replacing the use of "Lord" with "Ford" is too fucking silly to take seriously though.

360pages

I've been reading more obscure stuff, like the mentioned Dead Ends and Tokyo Demons

I also read the first book in a series called Avatars so this is how it ends and what not. I enjoyed that series even if I only read the first book so far.

Oh shit! I forgot about that one week a month ago where I read World War Z and All You Need Is Kill.

I know Liam shilled it a lot on the podcast, but All You Need Is Kill was super awesome! It was like the best summer action movie ever- in book form.

Fucking radical. Not to mention short, cheap, and easy to read. World War Z is also rad.

Rutti

Oh shit! I forgot about that one week a month ago where I read World War Z and All You Need Is Kill.

I know Liam shilled it a lot on the podcast, but All You Need Is Kill was super awesome! It was like the best summer action movie ever- in book form.

Fucking radical. Not to mention short, cheap, and easy to read. World War Z is also rad.

All You Need Is Kill is indeed radical. If you liked Edge of Tomorrow you should read it, because it's better version of that. If you didn't like Edge of Tomorrow you should still read it to see how it's done right. If you haven't seen Edge of Tomorrow you should still read it because it's awesome!

I sent a copy of it to them in a mailbox

I've been reading more obscure stuff, like the mentioned Dead Ends and Tokyo Demons

I also read the first book in a series called Avatars so this is how it ends and what not. I enjoyed that series even if I only read the first book so far.

The last physical books I read and actually enjoyed was The Hollow Chocolate Bunnies of the Apocalypse by Robert Rankin. It's a surpisingly good read and I would definetely reccomend you put it on your obscure books list.

The story is about a 13 year old boy called Jack, who runs away from home only to end up in Toy City (formerly Toy Town), where toys are alive and the characters from old nursery rhymes are local celebrities (Humpty Dumpty, Jack and Jill, Mary Mary Quite Contrary, etc.). Here he meets an alcoholic teddie bear aptly named Eddie Bear. Together they set out to investigate the dissapearance of Bill Winkie, the private eye whom Eddie was an assistant to and a serial killer targeting the celebrities from the aforementioned nursery rhymes.

It also has a sequel called The Toyminator, which isn't quite as good but does have the most hilarious LSD joke I've ever encountered.

Also books? PFFFF! Books are for losers! Who would read when you can listen instead? Luckily for us audible podcast has thousands of ebooks that you can enjoy at your leasure. Visit their website and use the code SUPER for a free trial!

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I've joined the Liam party! :D

LPDG7MV.jpg

JoJo94

So I forgot that a beginner lobby is not actually a beginner lobby...still did decent though so can't complain too much (talking about Ultimax)

So...have any of you read anything recently? Like actual books.

I went back and reread through all of Stephan King's The Dark Tower recently, I caught up on Song of Fire and Ice a few months ago as well. I've got The Stand and Snow Crash ready for whenever the hell I get around to them

also my first exposure to H anything or anime other than Pokemon, DBZ, Yugioh or Inuyasha was Bible Black, I think I've stated that a couple times now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom