• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoJo94

You're a good person.

I would've loved more of your velvety, dulcet tones.

I don't know if you are serious or not. NVM...just saw your edit T-T

Note: I could have done it in an extremely high pitched voice you would not have expected from me (I have a really high range when I do voices) or and extremely low "Swing Low Sweet Chariot" voice...I went with my normal one...

When I was still in my "I FUCKING LOVE ANIME!" phase, I did find some H-series. It was cool I guess. I didn't really enjoy the lewd. I just found it really corny and dumb.

First full on one that I can remember was Resort Boin. Then some others. Then Bible Black. Then the one that convinced me that I was heading to some dark, horrible places: Night Shift Nurses.

I still need to read the Bible Black VN. I'll get to it one day.

...Did not expect full on hentai...eh I knew a guy who told me he actually watched hentai for the plot so your normal to me.

...I think I remember one anime I watched in my I love anime days that was lewd...Yosuga No Sora...

Ah...you guys really need to rewatch Dragon Ball, probably one of the best examples on how to do a wacky adventure story. There is a goal, nothing feels too serious and action is nice and brief without feeling too draggy.

This is mostly because they have tournament saga's throughout the series that let the fights happen then it's off adventuring. It feels like there is a big build up to the next tournament and seeing how it turns out.

I feel people don't give enough credit to Dragon Ball...the same can't be said for Dragon Ball Z, but at least it has awesome action.

I rewatched it a couple years ago in JP, and loved it more than ever. It really is the perfect shonen.

I've been planning on rewatching Z, but I want to rerewatch DB first.

Ah...you guys really need to rewatch Dragon Ball, probably one of the best examples on how to do a wacky adventure story. There is a goal, nothing feels too serious and action is nice and brief without feeling too draggy.

This is mostly because they have tournament saga's throughout the series that let the fights happen then it's off adventuring. It feels like there is a big build up to the next tournament and seeing how it turns out.

I feel people don't give enough credit to Dragon Ball...the same can't be said for Dragon Ball Z, but at least it has awesome action.

I don't think I have it in me to watch a 153 episode series. I read it once, though. Maybe I'll read it again.

...Did not expect full on hentai...eh I knew a guy who told me he actually watched hentai for the plot so your normal to me.

...I think I remember one anime I watched in my I love anime days that was lewd...Yosuga No Sora...

I remember that one. That's the one where the guy fucks his sister! Like actually.

Speaking of lewd stuff,
What was your guys first lewd anime?
Mine was Ladies vs Butlers. It was too much for my young brain, expecialy since I didn't even know such anime existed!
I had everthing from lolicon to gender bender!
And that spinning hair!

Onegai Teacher was my first

Alfebit

Banned
Do it, do it, do it!

I think watching the first 10-13 episodes really set the pace if you are going to enjoy it or not. The places they visit and the people they meet make the whole adventure worth it.

I didn't realize it was so long. Probably not going to rewatch it either.

Oberon

Banned

I am suprised nobody mentioned Queen's Blade yet.
It is the definition of Lewd and shameless
and Breasts that spit acid

Rutti

Speaking of lewd stuff,
Mine was Ladies vs Butlers. It was too much for my young brain, expecialy since I didn't even know such anime existed!
And that spinning hair!

Precious memories

It was either Shuffle! or Golden Boy. Can't really remember. I watched so much anime at that point that all of it just blurs together. Then again lewd animes were never really my stuff.

JoJo94

I am suprised nobody mentioned Queen's Blade yet.
It is the definition of Lewd and shameless
and Breasts that spit acid

Oh we are all still waiting on the let's watch of that...they have a website now (is this the new catchphrase)

During my phase, I consumed so much shit, that I feel I completely burned myself out of anime. I watched every single genre. I watched every episode I could.

Then that inkling feeling that I wasn't enjoying myself became reality, and I became burnt out. Then, I had no medium to follow.

At least I rediscovered music.

wamberz1

Speaking of lewd stuff,
And that spinning hair!

Precious memories

Does highschool of the dead count
if so, then that

360pages

JoJo starting to show his true colors...

I can see how the length can turn people of. But Dragon Ball is easily a series that starts off good and just gets better as it goes on. The weakest story arc is the first one and that is just a set up to the rest. Everything after that is super memorable.

It was either Shuffle! or Golden Boy. Can't really remember. I watched so much anime at that point that all of it just blurs together. Then again lewd animes were never really my stuff.

Well shit, you watched the best right away. I could see why it would never feel like it could get better for you

JoJo94

Ah, so you liked it when he
fucked those other girls.
Damn, how
shameless
of you.

...t had it's comedic moments!!!

During my phase, I consumed so much shit, that I feel I completely burned myself out of anime. I watched every single genre. I watched every episode I could.

Then that inkling feeling that I wasn't enjoying myself became reality, and I became burnt out. Then, I had no medium to follow.

At least I rediscovered music.

Dude this is exactly me. Every anime season I would watch every show that came out and enjoy it until I realized I was watching the same show a lot of the time. Then i watch one show to completion (don't remember the name) and question why the fuck did I watch that, and fell out of anime. I am now a lot more strict with the anime I watch, plus I finally started watching live action shows, and I rediscovered music too.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Devil Hunter Yohko was my first one as well, with Golden Boy right after.

mQCTkEp.gif

Rutti

Well shit, you watched the best right away. I could see why it would never feel like it could get better for you

True. It was also the fact that I already saw enough nudity and softcore stuff on tv and movies that only animes that really had any effect were stuff like Elfen Lied.

Oberon

Banned
True. It was also the fact that I already saw enough nudity and softcore stuff on tv and movies so only animes that really had any effect were stuff like Elfen Lied.

I have reached the point where nothing anime/hentai related can shock me anymore.
I am not sure if I should be proud or ashamed....

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Ive been desensitized to anything anime/hentai related for a while now, I will say berserk broke the final barrier, even in this day and age, it has some truly shocking shit, but most of that has to do with being material that has even recieved mainstream attention at one point.

wamberz1

Ive been desensitized to anything anime/hentai related for a while now, I will say berserk broke the final barrier, even in this day and age, it has some truly shocking shit, but most of that has to do with being material that has even recieved mainstream attention at one point.

Yep, berserk was definitely what made me go "nothing will ever top this in mainstream media"

360pages

You know, looking over my writing. I actually kind of proud of some of my work, I thought it would make me vomit, but I think it's actually...kind of okay in some areas.

Drawn, nothing can phase me.

RL, I thought I had some humanity left, but that was a lie.

E the Shaggy

HERE COMES RAPE HORSE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom