• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give me some story ideas guys. Writing prompts.
Setting is a place where there's been a nuclear fallout, but it was 700 years ago, and now humanity is rebuilding. Plot follows the struggles and hardships of keeping society intact after the world became the Wild West. Characters have touching backstories and meet unfortunate ends.

Or just write something about a guy who can fart in order to fly.

Setting is a place where there's been a nuclear fallout, but it was 700 years ago, and now humanity is rebuilding. Plot follows the struggles and hardships of keeping society intact after the world became the Wild West. Characters have touching backstories and meet unfortunate ends.

Or just write something about a guy who can fart in order to fly.

Eeeh I'm trying to write something more lewd so I don't think the second idea really works. First one might though.

360pages

Speaking of writing, I'm still going with the same idea. For anyone who is interested in writing month you still got two more days.

I've been practicing the 1667 words a day with my other stuff, and I can usually make it to 2000 words if I push myself, probably going to front load the hell out of everything and write maybe 20,000 in the first week while giving myself breaks here or there.

Yea I'm in college and I don't think shes the kind of person to give me an extension.

If you don't have a doctor's note to prove that you were supersick you'll get penalized anyway. Your best bet is to ask for an extension or take the L.

Pretty much.

Aww christ, I really have no good excuse so I guess I'll have to take the late anyway.

Send the email anyways and beg for one. You're human and you have a life that gets in the way. Don't take the L just yet.

Village

- Connect your PS3 controller to your PC through USB. Check if it installs any drivers. If it does, wait for it to be finished and if it doesn't, go to the next step.
- Extract the entire xinput wrapper file into any folder on your desktop. Don't move anything to program files yet.
- Go to your program files (if you have regular and x86, go to regular program files), Create a new folder named "Scarlet Crush Productions".

This shouldn't take long. Let me know.

DOne

Naruto finnally gonna get with hinata

Sasuke will just walk around and women will flock to him.

Shikimaru will be the dopest shit ever

and sakura will still be a shit

And the universe will return to right

Not even wrong
Slightly hyperbolic given that he's still in Naruto world, so his fights are 1/2 narration

Mr.Towel

Boy that Terminator Movie looks worse and worse every time i see images of it.. god.

Turning Sarah Conner into a
emotionless child assassin is a whole lot less interesting to me than the original two movies' character arcs. I can't wait to see Sarah learn to find human love

Turning Sarah Conner into a
emotionless child assassin is a whole lot less interesting to me than the original two movies' character arcs. I can't wait to see Sarah learn to find human love
Why would we want to see
robotic humans
? T2 humanizes Uncle Bob, but this isn't a fraction as interesting.
Oh yeah, I know I said yesterday that Bayo 2 is amazing and that's still the case, but I have another criticism to add, which is that the FPS is really unstable. It seems to have issues maintaining even 30fps. Even non-combat moments where you're just breaking shit around you halt the game to what feels like 15fps at times. Rare and the game is a blast to play regardless of this, but the framedrops are certainly there.
They're way rarer than I expected, the way people talked about them. Most were during in-game cutscenes and setpeices, and not during gameplay.

Squishy3

Oh man I forgot to post about this. I was at Walmart and they had a sizzle reel for PS TV playing and of the games that were on both PS3/Vita they were using the PS3 footage and not the Vita footage. I remember because the Vita version of Sly 4 looks like complete shit.

I remember the DF Bayo 2 faceoff thread and one of the areas they picked to demonstrate was the plaza with the reflecting pool in Noatun. Of course that place is going to have framedrops, it has a giant fucking reflection in the middle of it

the framerate is steady during combat encounters for the most part, and it never drops belows 30, it stays in the 40s range for the most part with the occasional drop into the 30s but never below

Oh yeah, I know I said yesterday that Bayo 2 is amazing and that's still the case, but I have another criticism to add, which is that the FPS is really unstable. It seems to have issues maintaining even 30fps. Even non-combat moments where you're just breaking shit around you halt the game to what feels like 15fps at times. Rare and the game is a blast to play regardless of this, but the framedrops are certainly there.

Game hasn't dropped down in frames at all for me, ever. Must be really rare.

Not even wrong
Slightly hyperbolic given that he's still in Naruto world, so his fights are 1/2 narration

REMEMBER THE TIME THAT HE DID THAT ONE THING A LONG TIME AGO? TOTALLY RELEVANT TO THE BATTLE AT HAND! NO REALL, LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT IT AGAIN IN EXCRUCIATINGLY SLOW DETAIL FOR THE LATTER HALF OF THIS EPISODE, AND THE FIRST HALF OF THE NEXT.

Village

- Since you've extracted the xinput wrapper folder on your desktop, go into the folder and open the "bin" folder in it. Copy/cut the files inside that bin folder to the newly created Scarlet Crush Productions folder in program files. So don't copy the actual bin folder, but the 13 files inside that folder.
- Run "ScpDriver.exe" as admin. Make sure to never disconnect your DS3 throughout the process.
- You'll see three buttons on the bottom left side (force install, configure service, bluetooth driver"). Check all the buttons if they are unchecked and then click install. What should happen is that it should start installing/configuring drivers again. You'll see either a PS3 or just a generic controller icon at first, but it should turn into a 360 controller icon shortly after during the entire process.
- It should also say that it installed "SCP DS3 service", "bus device", "bus driver", "DS3 USB Driver" and "Bluetooth driver".
- Unplug the DS3 after everything is done. Reboot your PC.
- Plug the DS3, start up a game that supports controllers and see if it works.

- Note: If it does not, we'll try updating it.
NOTE 2: THIS WORKS FOR THE DUALSHOCK 3. IF YOU'RE TRYING TO USE A DUALSHOCK 4, LET ME KNOW. ADDITIONAL STEPS ARE REQUIRED.

It didn't turn into a 360 controller, rather it added a 360 controller

anyways restarting now, lets see how it goes.

360pages

REMEMBER THE TIME THAT HE DID THAT ONE THING A LONG TIME AGO? TOTALLY RELEVANT TO THE BATTLE AT HAND! NO REALL, LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT IT AGAIN IN EXCRUCIATINGLY SLOW DETAIL FOR THE LATTER HALF OF THIS EPISODE, AND THE FIRST HALF OF THE NEXT.

It's like if JoJo was super slowly, and instead of 1 sentence explanations we got three paragraphs worth.

croten

It's not really rare, but the drops generally aren't large enough to be easily noticable or be an issue. Overall it's not really a problem, but it doesn't seem to have stable 30fps at all times.

When breaking multiple pots and having tons of items fall out of it can occasionally cause frame drops for example. Using multi-hit, large attacks on multiple enemies and seeing tons of drops can also cause the same, but those moment aren't really common. It's certainly not an issue for me as I think it's an amazing game, but the issue does exist.

All right, hope it works.

So what you're saying is, it would've been better on 360 and PS3 :p

Rutti

You know, even if I have said that I quit Naruto with the manga and happily so, I would jump right back in with Shikamaru spin off series.

BUT HOW CAN YOU THINK THIS CHARACTER WHO USES HIS OWN BONES TO KILL YOU IS COOL IF I DONT TELL YOU HIS TRAGIC PAST

It's not really rare, but the drops generally aren't large enough to be easily noticable or be an issue. Overall it's not really a problem, but it doesn't seem to have stable 30fps at all times. I don't mind at all, but I guess others might.

You're playing Bayo 2 at 30? That's... There's something wrong with that. I'm rocking 60 almost all the time except when I was using the whips during Umbran Climax.

Village

It's not really rare, but the drops generally aren't large enough to be easily noticable or be an issue. Overall it's not really a problem, but it doesn't seem to have stable 30fps at all times. I don't mind at all, but I guess others might.

When breaking multiple pots and having tons of items fall out of it can occasionally cause frame drops for example. Using multi-hit, large attacks on multiple enemies and seeing tons of drops can also cause the same, but those moment aren't really common. It's certainly not an issue for me as I think it's an amazing game, but the issue does exist for those anal about FPS.

Nope, nothng

Xbox Icon already there ps3 icon pops up beside it.

croten

I understand. You now know what your next console should be in the future =P.
It sucks that you're not able to play it right now, but at least the game exists due to Nintendo's support and you might be able to play it in the future.

I've known for while now, I just don't have a lot of money

When breaking multiple pots and having tons of items fall out of it can occasionally cause frame drops for example. Using multi-hit, large attacks on multiple enemies and seeing tons of drops can also cause the same, but those moment aren't really common. It's certainly not an issue for me as I think it's an amazing game, but the issue does exist for those anal about FPS.

You know that almost feels like a classic SNES game when that happens. Since you're doing umbran climax, you are just wrecking everything.

I sympathize with you and village trying to get this working by the way. Doing tech support over text sucks.
It's like if JoJo moved super slowly, and instead of 1 sentence explanations we got three paragraphs worth.
Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

360pages

BUT HOW CAN YOU THINK THIS CHARACTER WHO USES HIS OWN BONES TO KILL YOU IS COOL IF I DONT TELL YOU HIS TRAGIC PAST

Yeah, Naruto does that a lot. At one point a character ta commits genocide and made child soldiers get a tragic back story right before he dies. Just to note, we later find out he did even more horrible shit later after his death.

Naruto tries way too hard to make us feel bad for really awful people.

croten

Speaking of framerate TEW has an official framerate option in the settings menu now. As well as being able to remove the black bars

Yeah, Naruto does that a lot. At one point a character ta commits genocide and made child soldiers get a tragic back story right before he dies. Just to note, we later find out he did even more horrible shit later after his death.

I couldn't care less about what he did, Kishimoto, what's important to me as a reader is that this fucker kills you with his bones and that's super rad and how Rock Lee is gonna kick his ass anyway cause he's that cool

Hey look the best crossover ever
tumblr_mvzsdslmg31qihlxvo1_1280.png

You know if you do every sidequest you get this ending

croten

I couldn't care less about what he did, Kishimoto, what's important to me as a reader is that this fucker kills you with his bones and that's super rad and how Rock Lee is gonna kick his ass anyway cause he's that cool

tumblr_mvzsdslmg31qihlxvo1_1280.png

You know if you do every sidequest you get this ending

I'm not that big on Mass Effect but that's still pretty cool

http://41.media.tumblr.com/714ceedb8fc181c3828412d161b3389f/tumblr_mvzsdslmg31qihlxvo1_1280.png[/IMG
You know if you do every sidequest you get this ending[/QUOTE]
JizzInMyPants.gif

The fact it's FemShep makes it way better too.

Village

Goddamn it. This is so fucking weird.
- Have you ever tried other programs for using the DS3?
- Does the 360 icon always stay on screen, even when removing the DS3 or deleting the xinput drivers?
- Have you ever used a 360 or Xbone controller on your PC?

Would you also like to try and update it? I'll try to help you out, though I need to do something quick and will be back in 15-30 mins.

Yeah, you can see it's not 60fps at all times, but who cares. Just enjoy the ass kicking.
Had mojoy and better ds3 before I whiped
Stays
Nope

Edit the controller dissapeared

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom