• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

360pages

Man DMC3 is probably one of the best action games, but the enemies are the second worst in the series next to DMC2. Especially compared to the foes in DMC1 and DMC4. They are either annoying or boring to fight sometimes both.

Those enemies are the laziest thing I've ever seen.Also, the UI looks terrible. At least the combat looks good.

There is only one stage (that I've seen). The story is that you are a fairy girl and a spirit tree told you to beat up all the monsters in the forest. The biggest fault I could find is that the air-combo has no option of bringing you back to the ground, but that may unlock later on.

It's a pretty cool little Japanese indie game, all things considered. Also the title screen music is nice.

Well shit, call the pcgaming gestapo, I don't belong to the masterrace. :(

iubn2jc.gif

I didn't mean to offend you.
The visual effects on the wings and flash kick look satisfying.
It was just a joke on my part as well, just a very poor one apparently. :(
Yo, Fairy Bloom's a ton of fun. Been a while since I played it though, remember getting that along with Ether Vapor a couple years back.
I'll definitely play more of it. Seems like one of those games you can just drop into and play a bit when you're bored and don't feel like playing anything else.

Played 2 levels of W101. Controls are hard to get used too and I'm not sure what the fuck is going on but shit is hype as fuck. I only died twice in the first proper level after the prologue. Those giant tank enemies have hard tells for their moves.

Also for you guys talking about programming, how easy is it to get into it?
Nobody else answered (yet?) so I can try and answer.
Basically it's just a matter of figuring out how to do things with practice and a good tutorial resource. Learning Programming basically just requires you to buy a good textbook or a great online resource, give yourself assignments to work on and goals you want to accomplish. These goals will be really small for awhile, like, insanely small. You're just learning though.

Basically you just choose an language and then stick to it.

You an also take courses at your local university. These mythical 'teacher' people teach and guide you. That helps.
Played 2 levels of W101. Controls are hard to get used too and I'm not sure what the fuck is going on but shit is hype as fuck. I only died twice in the first proper level after the prologue. Those giant tank enemies have hard tells for their moves.

You playing on Normal? If you want a less demanding first time through you can go Easy. I had a much better time on Easy in the last 4th of my first playthrough, and then went back on Normal and had the skills to play well.

Basically it's just a matter of figuring out how to do things with practice and a good tutorial resource. Programming basically just requires you to buy a good textbook or a great online resource, give yourself assignments to work on and goals you want to accomplish. These goals will be really small for awhile, like, insanely small. You're just learning though.

You an also take courses at your local university. These mythical 'teacher' people teach and guide you. That helps.

You have to DO things and LEARN? That sounds like too much work.

Basically it's just a matter of figuring out how to do things with practice and a good tutorial resource. Learning Programming basically just requires you to buy a good textbook or a great online resource, give yourself assignments to work on and goals you want to accomplish. These goals will be really small for awhile, like, insanely small. You're just learning though.

I want to add if you fluently know one or two languages, it's apparently pretty easy to pick up another since they are mostly based on Basic. Though I don't know how C++ works in printing "Hello World".

Also i reccommend Java since it apparently almost identical to C# and is pretty easy to understand.

It's that bad?

Also for you guys talking about programming, how easy is it to get into it?

Not easy, but not difficult. YouTube/textbooks can teach you a lot. College classes teach you a lot too, though the way some of them are structured is kind of bullshit.

Pro tip. Get the skill that blocks/reflects attacks (turns you into a flan shape) as soon as you can. Makes those cannons super easy to deal with on later levels.

You really want to buy the dodge and the block skills as soon as you can, though if there's one complaint I have about the game is that you don't start the game with those skills like it does in the demo. Or the game doesn't give you a chance to buy them before you really need it

I want to add if you fluently know one or two languages, it's apparently pretty easy to pick up another since they are mostly based on Basic. Though I don't know how C++ works in printing "Hello World".

Also i reccommend Java since it apparently almost identical to C# and is pretty easy to understand.

Not easy, but not difficult. YouTube/textbooks can teach you a lot. College classes teach you a lot too, though the way some of them are structured is kind of bullshit.
Man I dunno if doing that at my CC would be a good idea
Now I'm thinking, what boss in DS2 is harder than Fume Knight.

It better not be Sir Alonne. That dude is easy mode.
Smelter 2.0. Fuck him. Also the Sunken Gang Bang
Today was a good day.
OH SHIT SON

joe2187

Banned
I went to do the Best Buy gamersclub deal, but the only game I wanted to buy was Donkey Kong TF.

After 6 computer errors, I walked out with 4 years of gamersclub and Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze for a total of $44

Thanks shitty BB computers!

demidar

Programming requires a lot of logical thinking, far more than you would need in regular life. You learn to not assume anything because that will fuck up your code, and you become cognizant of making logical leaps in all aspects of life and to follow threads/thoughts/processes properly to their conclusion.

It takes a lot of practice though, and you'll probably never be as good as Carmack, but it doesn't mean you should try. Also, programming's not for everyone.

Today was a good day.
Whooooooah.
Hey guys Ground Zeroes got a price cut. If you're looking to buy, now's a good time.
Gotta wait for my PC version patiently.
Programming requires a lot of logical thinking, far more than you would need in regular life. You learn to not assume anything because that will fuck up your code, and you become cognizant of making logical leaps in all aspects of life and to follow threads/thoughts/processes properly to their conclusion.

It takes a lot of practice though, and you'll probably never be as good as Carmack, but it doesn't mean you should try. Also, programming's not for everyone.

That logical thinking is part of the fun for me, but it's definitely a core concept of programming. I suck at Math, but programming logic is mcuh simpler to me.

In any case, if anyone's interested they can always give it a shot. It's basically just giving your computer instructions, which lets you do cool stuff.

That logical thinking is part of the fun for me, but it's definitely a core concept of programming. I suck at Math, but programming logic is mcuh simpler to me.

In any case, if anyone's interested they can always give it a shot. It's basically just giving your computer instructions, which lets you do cool stuff.
Yeah I just wanted to hopefully be good enough to do like small games some day, might help with getting a job in stuff like that, though I'm not holding my breath. I checked out the tutorials in Game Maker a while ago for funsies. I should probably go back to it sometime even though I know it's not real programming
Co-op boss. And Smelter 2.0 is as easy as Smelter 1.0.
No when you don't use a shield it's not

Yeah I just wanted to hopefully be good enough to do like small games some day, might help with getting a job in stuff like that, though I'm not holding my breath. I checked out the tutorials in Game Maker a while ago for funsies. I should probably go back to it sometime even though I know it's not real programming

Games are pretty complex as far as programming goes actually. This year I made Breakout and a text based RPG in a few days. Gamemaker is probably the simplest way to get easy results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom