• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

360pages

Man, I have like two romance one shots if anyone wants to read small stories about...well romance I wrote. Though both have more too them than just romance.

Xiraiya

I'd just like to say I call bullshit on Pat's thing about enemies dropping items off the edge of stuff in DS2, if you reload your game the item WILL be back in a reachable spot.

I never once got it to work DS1, but I do know that it is a thing in DS1 so I'm not arguing that.

I just wanted to point out that Pat was incorrect in telling Woolie that DS2 won't do that.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Guys, breaking news, Wii fit Teacher is now the best Waifu!

OxRn58L.png

Could you imagine a WiiU summer lesson game?
Wait, I started readng the beginning of the thread for the first time right now randomly and now I want to know the source of this.

I think it's mainly that most normal people moved to the site or the reddit.
Or here >_>

I exclusively use the website now for their videos. Mostly cuz YouTube doesn't work for me, but watching videos on the site probably supports them more than YouTube.

Good thing those jerks won't be on Neogaf stinking this place up.
I really hope Evilore won't approve them.

The friender fanbase is the best fanbase. It's already written into the lore.

croten

I'd just like to say I call bullshit on Pat's thing about enemies dropping items off the edge of stuff in DS2, if you reload your game the item WILL be back in a reachable spot.

I never once got it to work DS1, but I do know that it is a thing in DS1 so I'm not arguing that.

I just wanted to point out that Pat was incorrect in telling Woolie that DS2 won't do that.

Pat was wrong? Shocker! I mean really who cares? Do people point this stuff out as much in other LPs? I am tired of everyone pointing out everything he missed, it's not like he lives and breathes Dark Souls as much as some other people, even in this thread, so it stands to reason that he doesn't know the entire lore off by heart or that he doesn't know every single secret passage or every item location. Jesus. He still knows two or three times more about the series than I do even if he gets some shit wrong.

Pat was wrong? Shocker! I mean really who cares? Do people point this stuff out as much in other LPs? I am tired of everyone pointing out everything he missed, it's not like he lives and breathes Dark Souls as much as some other people, even in this thread, so it stands to reason that he doesn't know the entire lore off by heart or that he doesn't know every single secret passage or every item location. Jesus. He still knows two or three times more about the series than I do even if he gets some shit wrong.

I think part of it comes from the fact that he does actually know quite a lot about the series and the games, so people expect him to know EVERYTHING.

Not for me. Same thing happened to me, read online that reloading your game will bring it back and it didn't. I never got that feature to work once in DeS, DS1 or DS2.

Reloading for items works in all the games, but I think Dark 2 was the first time it didn't, for me.
Exactly, that and the fanbase of Dark Sous can so pretentious.

Most of that comes from the people who play the games having to figure out a lot about the game on their own, so you get a sense of pride from discovering the game yourself.

People, however, are dicks. They love to shove their knowledge of the games in people's faces. Correcting LP groups childishly when they get something wrong is very commonplace, and games like Souls are some of the worst of that due to the nature of the game.

I can dismiss most of them as 12 year olds and move on.

demidar

You should probably switch to Japanese Locale and install the language pack.

Doesn't that require a complete restart?

I dunno if Windows 8.1 has support for it, but get AppLocale (it's a Microsoft thing so it's not dangerous... much). It allows you to change locales on a per-executable basis without having to restart.

That's weird. That's optimum Lautrec strats.

I never did pushed him off the cliff.
I killed him once in the cell because of how shady he is (it was my first playthrough of a souls game). Then on my second playthrough I let him kill the fire keeper to see what would happen and then invaded his world.

Doesn't that require a complete restart?

I dunno if Windows 8.1 has support for it, but get AppLocale (it's a Microsoft thing so it's not dangerous... much). It allows you to change locales on a per-executable basis without having to restart.

Yes, Yes it does.

I usually only play my Japanese Visual Novels emulated on Linux, so I don't need to change locale anymore. I didn't know that program existed.

croten

DSP couldn't beat a single souls game without streaming it so he can ask for help, and having his fans join the game as Summons to give him shit and basically beat the game for him

So the fact people are saying woolie is like DSP is insane

Wait, wait, wait. DSP has fans?

DSP couldn't beat a single souls game without streaming it so he can ask for help, and having his fans join the game as Summons to give him shit and basically beat the game for him

I kinda liked how Woolie summoned random people before they announced that they would be LPing the game tho. Them giving a shout out to Saber Lily was the best in the early days of the LP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom