• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh. I thought he meant he played them natively in Linux which is why I was so confused.
That's my guess anyway. He could also use a Windows virtual machine since VNs aren't exactly demanding.

A lot of VNs use engine that have Linux versions though. KS is on Linux natively.

Xiraiya

Pat was wrong? Shocker! I mean really who cares? Do people point this stuff out as much in other LPs? I am tired of everyone pointing out everything he missed, it's not like he lives and breathes Dark Souls as much as some other people, even in this thread, so it stands to reason that he doesn't know the entire lore off by heart or that he doesn't know every single secret passage or every item location. Jesus. He still knows two or three times more about the series than I do even if he gets some shit wrong.

Forgetting details and the like is one thing, but talking to Woolie and being like "No this does not and will not happen in this game." when in fact that is not the case, is a different story. I think you're being overly sensitive because I'm not the people you're referring to, though I agree people overreact over that stuff.

I'm not going to get upset at Pat over every detail he can't remember, unlike a lot of people, because I get it, I forget stuff too, but as I said, straight up explaining how something is with full confidence in what he is saying, I am going to make a comment if I actually know for a fact that is incorrect.

That's my guess anyway. He could also use a Windows virtual machine since VNs aren't exactly demanding.

A lot of VNs use engine that have Linux versions though. KS is on Linux natively.

Wine Is Not an Emulator.

You can run most windows programs flawlessly

I feel bad that I've never read up on Wine and I use wine a lot. I never knew that it actually translate the Windows API.

I still can't believe that's the acronym for Wine tho.

I should finish KS I only did the apparent worse girl's route
Shizune

Is the new Tomb raider good? Because it's super cheap on the Humble store

It's fun. It's a solid Uncharted clone except I think the shooting is considerably better. It goes some fun places and the platforming/combat with the bow never realtget old and they keep adding new fun stuff throughout.

It gets a bad wrap but it's a solid fun shooter. I recommend it if you just want a fun game without much else going on.

His youtube has over 150k subs but his videos average less than 1k for the recent ones.

Ah, good.

tumblr_n8fn15Dzks1qjryfno1_500.jpg

Ferrets have a tendency to collect trash.

Forgetting details and the like is one thing, but talking to Woolie and being like "No this does not and will not happen in this game." when in fact that is not the case, is a different story. I think you're being overly sensitive because I'm not the people you're referring to, though I agree people overreact over that stuff.

I'm not going to get upset at Pat over every detail he can't remember, unlike a lot of people, because I get it, I forget stuff too, but as I said, straight up explaining how something is with full confidence in what he is saying, I am going to make a comment if I actually know for a fact that is incorrect.
I know he's stating it as fact, but after month(s?) of whiny comments, I really just wish people would stop acting so entitled and elitist in their tone. It's one thing to point out a flaw and it's another to get that upset about it.

I'm not talking about your comment by the way, it's just this YouTube shitfest.
I feel bad that I've never read up on Wine and I use wine a lot. I never knew that it actually translate the Windows API.

I still can't believe that's the acronym for Wine tho.
I should read up on what the nitty gritty of WINE is. Paths history of it is pretty impressive.

That acronym is da bess.
Edit: Yes. Play Rin and Lilly at least. Shizune is fucking garbage.

There's probably a lot of VNs that are built in Python. iirc Python runs on pretty much anything.
I think engine is called RenPy, where PY = python. Python is a great language.
Is the new Tomb raider good? Because it's super cheap on the Humble store
I really liked it and I didn't care much for Uncharted, mainly because like Aaron said, I enjoyed the shooting way more.

Oh noooo a DP. Brb. Throwing computer out a window.

I really liked it and I didn't care much for Uncharted, mainly because like Aaron said, I enjoyed the shooting way more.

I dunno. I'm taking python and things break way more easily than Java. You can actually break the base functions/methods

croten

Yeah didn't care much for uncharted either. I thought it was fun but people had been hyping it up as some masterpiece of gaming and I thought it just fine. Fun but not much else.

I dunno. I'm taking python and things break way more easily than Java. You can actually break the base functions/methods

Yeah I like java considerably more than Python. It could be because java is my first, but I like how more tightly worded it is. Eclipse is java's godsend.

Though I plan on learning C soon since that's what a lot of programmers use and it's what the next level of CS is teaching.

Village

I will accept anything.
Blood may be a bit overboard.

Also, who would be interested in a free Steam copy of Binding of Isaac: Rebirth? I'm planning on giving a few copies away for Thanksgiving.
I was talking about sending the controller,

Also can we still talk about super giant games

They changed that in python 3.0. Its now print("Insert text here")

I think I would rather write in Dark Basic than Python.
Oh, yeah... I haven't touched Python 3. That transition is gross.

In all seriousness if I'm actually writing something complex, I'm way more well versed in Java right now. I'd like, and need, to take C++ before too long as well.

So I recorded some Fairy Bloom Freesia.
Dat 60fps hmmm

The game is pretty cool, although that stage is the only one I got to play in so far. The footage was of the first 30 minutes of me dicking around and playing even less than that, so there are no #420mlgpro skills or anything, but you can see the potential for some fun, crazy juggles is there.

360pages

PM whenever you make your decision.

Yeah, but Rebuild is bad, so...

Rebuild became bad when it tried to emulate the original series. When it was doing its own thing for the second movie and remaking the first 1/3 in the first it was pretty good. Then 3.33 happened....

Dat 60fps hmmm

The game is pretty cool, although that stage is the only one I got to play in so far. The footage was of the first 30 minutes of me dicking around and playing even less than that, so there are no #420mlgpro skills or anything, but you can see the potential for some fun, crazy juggles is there.

Those enemies are the laziest thing I've ever seen. Also, the UI looks terrible. At least the combat looks good.

Dat 60fps hmmm

Yo, Fairy Bloom's a ton of fun. Been a while since I played it though, remember getting that along with Ether Vapor a couple years back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom