• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Ice cold.

Hq3Ka8Y.png
Thats a nasty burn.

Zenfalcia

So, i'm guessing KF day is on saturday? Uh.. what's a good time for everyone? For me.. i'll be free before 3 and after 7:00pm.. more or less.

I don't mind slow things. I think Fate/Stay night and Tsukihime because it's usually done so we can learn more about the characters. There likes and dislikes, almost slice of lifeish.

I think Eva fails at that regard, because they want to present every single thing as symbolism rather than us actually learning anything substantial about the characters. Often times I feel like I know the characters view more than why they have that view. Thus a lot of those conversations fall flat due to their serious nature.
A lot of the symbolism in Eva was put in there because it was cool. This isn't like FLCL, where everything is symbolism and important.

Also, I love that kind of stuff.

I don't feel learning about the characters likes and dislikes adds to the story, especially if it never comes up. Details like that either should come up naturally, which several of did in Evangelion, or be excused to profiles and artbooks.

It's really good, way better than the other series

The animation alone makes the other series look like the trash that it is, the literal only thing the other one does better is the soundtrack, which is practically GOAT.

I forget the series of events, have you gotten to Rip Van Winkle yet?

croten

The animation alone makes the other series look like the trash that it is, the literal only thing the other one does better is the soundtrack, which is practically GOAT.

I forget the series of events, have you gotten to Rip Van Winkle yet?

Yes, yes I did. Boy that was a thing that happened

360pages

A lot of the symbolism in Eva was put in there because it was cool. This isn't like FLCL, where everything is symbolism and important.

Also, I love that kind of stuff.

I don't feel learning about the characters likes and dislikes adds to the story, especially if it never comes up. Details like that either should come up naturally, which several of did in Evangelion, or be excused to profiles and artbooks.

Well it can come up naturally, but if you're having a episode where nothing of note is happening then it's a perfect time to bring it up.

Rule of cool is fine, of course I don't find those kind of conversations cool at all, and rather have the characters talk about something that makes them more human than whether or not we have a place in the world. One or two of those conversations are good, since it helps us learn more about the characters ideas. However when that is the brunt of the conversations near the end of the series I can't help but stop caring about it.

I wish I could try out all of the cool distros, but I need my Anime and Kamen Rider in my hard drive.

The other day I saw an OT just for the prerelease of Ubuntu 14.10 and
fuckinnothing.gif

They barely change a thing from 14.04 and people thought it was ok to make an OT just from that unstable mess.
It's stupidly addicting to try out all the new stuff. I've wiped my harddrives too many time to count.

Lol, Ubuntu's release schedule leads to uninteresting updates like that. That thread shows there's a community of Linux users. I wonder why there's no
Community OT...

Zenfalcia

What's your time zone? I'm good after 4PM Best Coast time.

I'm beast coast time zone. I looked back at everyone's free time.. and there's currently 6 people at most and one person who isnt free on saturday. It could happen on more than one day..

I cant wait for this to fall apart.

Yo, if that shit is 60fps on the PS4, I will triple dip right now.

Well it can come up naturally, but if you're having a episode where nothing of note is happening then it's a perfect time to bring it up.

Rule of cool is fine, of course I don't find those kind of conversations cool at all, and rather have the characters talk about something that makes them more human than whether or not we have a place in the world. One or two of those conversations are good, since it helps us learn more about the characters ideas. However when that is the brunt of the conversations near the end of the series I can't help but stop caring about it.
I can see that. I never felt that, because a lot of the conversations were not about themselves. Very little about the characters is given to the viewer, because the characters themselves aren't even being truthful about themselves. Any added humanity, outside of foreshadowing, lessens the impact of truth being suddenly shoved in their, and the viewers face.

I can see why someone wouldn't like that. That's not the most agreeable form of storytelling.

360pages

Yo, if that shit is 60fps on the PS4, I will triple dip right now.

I can see that. I never felt that, because a lot of the conversations were not about themselves. Very little about the characters is given to the viewer, because the characters themselves aren't even being truthful about themselves. Any added humanity, outside of foreshadowing, lessens the impact of truth being suddenly shoved in their, and the viewers face.

I can see why someone wouldn't like that. That's not the most agreeable form of storytelling.

Well, yeah, I can see how people can like it, but I think learning more about a character should slowly happen throughout the story and we can get the idea of what kind of person they are though that.

I'm beast coast time zone. I looked back at everyone's free time.. and there's currently 6 people at most and one person who isnt free on saturday. It could happen on more than one day..

I cant wait for this to fall apart.
Well Saturdays and Mondays are the only days I have a sort of restriction but even then it's not too bad. Every other day I'm good whenever
Looks like this is Matt's solo episode.
AWW YES I've been waiting for this

Archgan

Huh.. really? That sounds.. interesting.. i wonder how this will go.

I think Matt is actually really good at solo stuff. I mean, I love Pat's Mercenary Kings episode but that was mostly because it was awkward. All of Matt's solo stuff is super high energy which is weird because he is sometimes really low energy.

Zenfalcia

I think Matt is actually really good at solo stuff. I mean, I love Pat's Mercenary Kings episode but that was mostly because it was awkward. All of Matt's solo stuff is super high energy which is weird because he is sometimes really low energy.

I think that's because he either knows he has to be or he picks things he's really interested in.

I notice that mainly on the podcast, which is probably because he tries to be higher energy in the videos.

I feel like he cant really contribute at times due to everyone talking at once or sometimes it's a topic he has no interest in. Like anime or some japan stuff. But he has some insightful knowledge of video games so that's nice.

If I knew how to make a shareable excel thing I'd set that up
It's fine.

Fuck off Shinji, if a lady wants to walk around the house half naked and start the day off with a couple of beers who are you to stop her. Shinji's dad has powerful connections, money and bullshit it seems. The drama with JA was not tense to me and I was not worried for Misato, I was more getting ready to be pissed off if they killed her so soon. I still do not trust that penguin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom