• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
fucking penguin looking at Shinji's dick, I knew he was not to be trusted. I forgot to ask earlier, I'm assuming all the underwater destruction is because of the Second Impact destroying Antarctica and fucking the sea levels up right?
So 10 episodes in, I know it is still early and I know crazy shit happens in the last couple of episodes but when does this show start being the best anime ever? is it all foreshadowing that only has impact after watching the whole series?

I'm pretty sure he just didn't want his friend to know he knew the term.
I didn't know what to do in my situation. I didn't know if she would be impressed that I knew what tbese terms meant, or judge me for being a nerd. She was a super casul anime fan.

She was also sorta hot, and I wanted in.

joe2187

Banned
Gonna be honest here guys...

I don't get the hometown/life thing.

dcatyrM.jpg

Also, in the School Syllabus

tumblr_nd9i07i9go1sn41kxo1_500.jpg

fucking penguin looking at Shinji's dick, I knew he was not to be trusted. I forgot to ask earlier, I'm assuming all the underwater destruction is because of the Second Impact destroying Antarctica and fucking the sea levels up right?
So 10 episodes in, I know it is still early and I know crazy shit happens in the last couple of episodes but when does this show start being the best anime ever? is it all foreshadowing that only has impact after watching the whole series?

I don't want to say anything for fear of spoiling your experience.

I'm about to blow your mind here. It doesn't.

Zenfalcia

Yeah, i think that's what happenned. Was it antartica? Or was it the artic?

Mm.. well.. keep watching. You might not find it as the best anime ever.. might as well not have that mentality.. it might make you have different expecations.

Really late when they
question
Nerv's
Motives
in
stopping the Angels

At least for me when I watched it for the first time.

Ha, thats awesome. i haven't really taken a good look at the syllabus yet.

I wish my syllabus was that great. Mine just tells me what homework is due when, and cheating will get me kicked out of school.

Mmh, this haterade is bitter.

Such hard hitting truth, I love it.

I am in a pretty salty mood tonight.

It's just pretty good. It's a shame its impact far exceeds the quality of the show itself and retroactively puts a lot of pressure on the show when people watch it..

Its ok I guess. That's the most I can say for it.

Zenfalcia

It's just pretty good. It's a shame its impact far exceeds the quality of the show itself and retroactively puts a lot of pressure on the show when people watch it..

People expect this one moment where it blows you away. Rather than the journey while watching it. Also the characterizations.. it took me a while to fully appreciate it.. also some people didnt have the perspective of when it first aired and the mechas during the time.

Yeah, i think that's what happenned. Was it antartica? Or was it the artic?

Mm.. well.. keep watching. You might not find it as the best anime ever.. might as well not have that mentality.. it might make you have different expecations.

I went into it expecting the most overrated anime of all time with a plot that doesn't make sense or have a satisfying ending. the creator of it doesn't care or agree with the people who praise its deep means and symbolisms. It is fine, nothing special so far but I'll keep watching it to get the full experience

I'm listening to Light Up The Night and it syncs with that gif much too well.

That soundtrack is so good. Good enough to almost convince to get the game. It's too bad that I'm kind of burning out on JRPGs again. Might have to take another break.

Zenfalcia

I went into it expecting the most overrated anime of all time with a plot that doesn't make sense or have a satisfying ending. the creator of it doesn't care or agree with the people who praise its deep means and symbolisms. It is fine, nothing special so far but I'll keep watching it to get the full experience

Hmm.. ok. The creator part is sorta true.. that'll come up eventually and i will probably bring it up and explain it. But what do you think so far from watching it? 7/10? Or do you like particular characters who stand out?

You'll know if it's the best anime after finishing it and EoE. You might also have to watch an explanation video. It's a great show, but it's a little overrated. The best anime ever is still Steins;Gate, imo.

Eva is a love it, or hate it show. I personally love it, and it is one of the few anime that I try to sneak a rewatch in, especially today, when I consume practically no anime.

Is it bad I want the original series on Blu ray? I mean, it isn't even up on legit streaming sites, so people are most likely to torrent it. The best quality would be the platnum collection, but that's on 7 disks and costs $150 on Amazon.

Eva got a 6/10 for me because I didn't get the context of everything that happened, and the last episode
just pissed me right off. THAT'S the ending?

EoE didn't even come close to saving it for me either.
Though the end of 3.3 looked pretty dope.

Eva got a 6/10 for me because I didn't get the context of everything that happened, and the last episode

Rebuild is gutter trash, and I hate that it exists.

That's all I will say about it.

Hmm.. ok. The creator part is sorta true.. that'll come up eventually and i will probably bring it up and explain it. But what do you think so far from watching it? 7/10? Or do you like particular characters who stand out?

I feel like I don't know what any of the characters are really like so I can't comment on any of them. The mechs designs are all right. The only stand out of the show so far has been Cruel Angel.

Evangelion isn't about action in the giant robots fighting. Its about the human interaction in a nearly apocalyptic world. It feels really weird that the whole
piano scene was a huge cop out in actual character interaction.

In the show, even when he only showed up in an episode. He had a profound impact on SHinji since he actually talk to him

Is it bad I want the original series on Blu ray? I mean, it isn't even up on legit streaming sites, so people are most likely to torrent it. The best quality would be the platnum collection, but that's on 7 disks and costs $150 on Amazon.
Eva is the only anime, maybe Cowboy Bebop, that I want the blu ray collection for.

Evangelion isn't about action in the giant robots fighting. Its about the human interaction in a nearly apocalyptic world. It feels really weird that the whole
piano scene was a huge cop out in actual character interaction.

I totally get that's the point of the series, but honestly there's all this background secrecy stuff, and not knowing who the characters really are, that rubs me the wrong way.
Along with a ton of gaping holes in what exactly was going on.
It may be accurate to how an organization of humans might work, but it really did not come across as interesting to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom