• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
One can never fully hate DMC2, solely because it gave us the best Dante design ever.
That's the most disappointing thing about the game. DMC2 Dante is a legit awesome design, but into an awful game.

Where DMC3 Dante is a legit awful design, put into an awesome game.

Oh Yeah Why is DMC2 hated so much? I never understood that.

I can't go PirateGuardian or Dahbomb levels of explanation, but I can tell you that the game is poorly balanced, in stage design, weapons, and combat rooms. The bosses are one note, and easily manipulated, and the guns are far too useful, being your main source of damage, rather than being combo extenders.

I dread to imagine how horrible the game would be, if Itsuno was not brought in at the last moment, to salvage what he could.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Also I'll defend DMC2 until the end of time. Not because it's a particularly good game (it isn't), but because it's not nearly as bad as it's made out to be. I've played and even enjoyed games that are far, far worse on a technical/gameplay level than DMC2.

DMC2 Dante's boring personality is the main reason I dislike him. DMC3 is goofy but fun, and Uncle Dante is da bess.

Visually I guess DMC2 Dante design is alright. I prefer the original DMC1 design.

Squishy3

Also I'll defend DMC2 until the end of time. Not because it's a particularly good game (it isn't), but because it's not nearly as bad as it's made out to be. I've played and even enjoyed games that are far, far worse on a technical/gameplay level than DMC2.
the only good thing i can say about dmc2 is it didn't kill the franchise

That Marvel Disk Wars: The Avengers show in Japan is Hype as Fuck.

l5fvsgh4hm6fkkt66bn7.gif

j3bb6vo1bs9pikylwpy8.gif

xukohjvnczcw4peiaut1.gif

I blame Capcom more. It was their decision to farm it out, Ninja Theory just did the best they can (which still wasn't enough but it's not really their fault).

They needed Capcom to basically hold their hand throughout the process.

Yes, Capcom should had did it themselves, in house, but if you are going to outsource a prime franchise, make sure you actually find some talent.

Rutti

Well I survived having bunch of family and friends over for celebrating me turning 24.

I also wanted to show off some brownies that I made. I'm pretty proud of them.

Do you guys bake?

croten

Well I survived having bunch of family and friends over for celebrating me turning 24.

Do you guys bake?

I made souffles the other day and I made a really nice Spaghetti bolognese sauce yesterday

Gamer Y

Do you guys bake?
But you got some cool stuff right? also happy late birthday!

Look good. I can't bake.

Anung

Un Rama
Catching up with the podcasts now and wow, Matt is wrong about Evil Within. And that nitpick is Liam levels of nitpick.

Okingjrr

Do you guys bake?
Happy birthday! Enjoy watching your gaming skills diminish.
Also, yes, I do bake. Living abroad from my parents home means that i have to be able to cook for myself. I've never done any desserts though.

Do you guys bake?

I cook, but I don't bake. I don't understand the mechanics of solidifying the gunk I made, so I tend not to do it.

Happy Birthday!

demidar

They needed Capcom to basically hold their hand throughout the process.

Yes, Capcom should had did it themselves, in house, but if you are going to outsource a prime franchise, make sure you actually find some talent.

The point is Ninja Theory shouldn't have been selected in the first place, so I find it hard to blame them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom