• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
The hunting is apparently pretty great. There are a ton of good hunting spots here, and we get some big ass animals to kill. Great for fishing too.

I keep saying that one day, I'm going to go hunting. But requires me getting a license, then finding someone to hunt with, then get a gun, and I ain't bout that life.

It's cold here too.

image.php

Don't Give Up , FRIENDER!

I also wish to hunt in NYC. Getting a hunting license and a firearm license is an incredible pain in the ass here.

The start of the movie was a lot more interesting, when we were focusing more on the science of everything. Then one of the best actors dies less than1/3 of the way in and we have army man for the rest.

I'm still so confused why the fuck Ken Watanabe had one line the whole god damn film.

The hunting is apparently pretty great. There are a ton of good hunting spots here, and we get some big ass animals to kill. Great for fishing too.

I keep saying that one day, I'm going to go hunting. But requires me getting a license, then finding someone to hunt with, then get a gun, and I ain't bout that life.

It's cold here too.

One of the perks of being Native is that I can walk out in the bush any time of the year and shoot myself my lunch.

Is Woolies deer hype because there's just deer all over Nara, or because he's never seen a deer before? He must have seen moose before, and they aren't that different from deer.

Is Woolies deer hype because there's just deer all over Nara, or because he's never seen a deer before? He must have seen moose before, and they aren't that different from deer.

Deer a like tiny ninja compared to the Gladiator that is a moose. There is a big difference between hitting a deer and hitting a moose with your car.

While I do agree that the human sideplot was atrocious in the latest movie, the moments where the Muto or Godzilla are on screen (Particularly the bridge scene and the final fight) were really fucking fun to watch on the big screen.
But again, these movies require humans and a human subplot to work, they just need to actually be good and not consistently shit.

I loved Godzilla 2014 and I refuse to change that opinion despite the disagreement

360pages

Yeah, I enjoyed the movie, did I like other movies in that genre more, hell yeah. But I'm not going to call it a shit movie.

god damn, these videos are just reinforcing the fact that I need to get to Japan

I want to go. I want to see the EVA theme park man.

Woolie and eventually Pat's videos on Japan will reinforce the idea that I will most likely scrounger and scrimp to go to Japan and experience all of the cool things I can possible, all while on a backpacker budget.

I'm planning on doing so somewhere in 2015/2016, but it's really fucking expensive.

yeah I've been looking into it for 2015 as well, Vancouver does a lot of flights to Asia so a round trip directly to Tokyo isn't actually that bad its more of an issue of getting someone else who is into this nerd shit to go with and planning everything else for me

What disagreement exactly?
I liked Godzilla 2014 too. It's occasionally bad and dumb, but I can look past the more shit parts and appreciate the good things.

Not here, real life

BTW I forgot Godzilla 2000's amazing last line
Shinoda and the scientists were observing the battle. The remaining cast on the roof wonders why Godzilla protects them, even though it attacks them and they attack it. They eventually come up with, and agree on, the theory that perhaps "there is a piece of Godzilla in all of us" as Godzilla begins rampaging through Tokyo.

I get nitpicky only with the things I love. If you see me really bitch and get upset about something, it's most likely in a game or show where it was great otherwise.

I'm still so confused why the fuck Ken Watanabe had one line the whole god damn film.

I guess they didn't want so many Japanese people in the movie about a Japanese monster.
It might be also trying to get more screentime for the American actors.

I only watched the movie and have no idea what I'm talking about.

croten

Talking about Godzooki? I thought the human parts were a slog but still enjoyed them slightly, it made me feel like the monsters were powerful because of how weak the humans were but the actual acting and story there was terrible. That being said the hype moments made up for it and then some.

I get nitpicky only with the things I love. If you see me really bitch and get upset about something, it's most likely in a game or show where it was great otherwise.

The true way to show you love a game is start complaining about stuff that no one else would complain about

"this one texture in this specific room is muddy and it doesn't look good"

Deer a like tiny ninja compared to the Gladiator that is a moose. There is a big difference between hitting a deer and hitting a moose with your car.

Deer can fuck up a car pretty good, they aren't as squishy as they seem. Plus they're so stupid they will actually run INTO cars because fuck living I guess.

360pages

Phew, 3010 words in...I'm starting to slow down. I want to get to at least 5000 by the end of today. (Even if it's the first day, the faster I knock it out, the better I will be for it)

While I wouldn't have a direct flight to Tokyo, it wouldn't be a big issue as I'd merely have to change flights in Germany (right next to us =P) and then directly head towards Tokyo. I do have a couple of friends who wouldn't mind going there, but the main issue is that it costs $1000 for plane tickets alone (so that excludes living expenses, the tons of shit I'd buy et cetera). I can afford it, but I'm not too sure I want to at the moment.

yeah that's about the price for a direct flight from here but I don't know how much lodging and food and whatever dumb shit I would buy would cost, I mean Those JoJo underpants Woolie bought were like $40 dollars each Liam said right?
I would not buy the underpants, just making an example

360pages

Okay, so far so good. Slowing down a little in terms of writing speed. But as long as I write non-stop, then it should be good. Over 3000 words. Though I'll probably slow down a lot by tomorrow.

Man...going back to Bayo 1 after 2 really is different. Couldn't get combo scores worth for shit.

So I went back to 2, got all Witch Hearts, Moon Pearls, and Journal Echoes, and it's now back to grinding halos for costumes plus a NSIC run. Also played tried some
Rodin
in Tag Climax, don't see how anyone could say he's horrible. Just requires a different approach.

But no Santa outfit for him, what the fuck? At least he's got his Bayo 1 outfit.

Also, I love the subtitle for the new Woolie vs Japan vid. Woolie should straight up do a giant robot week on the channel.

The true way to show you love a game is start complaining about stuff that no one else would complain about

"this one texture in this specific room is muddy and it doesn't look good"
Yup, lol. I can't even think of a better example to top that one.
I can't wait for christmas avatars :D
I can't wait for freaking Christmas. I'm almost getting as ahead of myself as the Christian radio stations that are playing Christmas music.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom