• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning GAF, was gonna ask about that new thread smell, but you know, thread too fast etc.

Played some more DotA2 again yesterday. Lot's of shit changed, random ability draft is super fun and Drow Ranger + Omniknight is a bullshit combo. Just absolute bullshit.

I know there should be at least 2 frienders in here who play, one of which I still need to hit up and play some games with. Any more?

croten

Morning GAF, was gonna ask about that new thread smell, but you know, thread too fast etc.

Played some more DotA2 again yesterday. Lot's of shit changed, random ability draft is super fun and Drow Ranger + Omniknight is a bullshit combo. Just absolute bullshit.

I know there should be at least 2 frienders in here who play, one of which I still need to hit up and play some games with. Any more?

YEAH THAT DOTA RIGHT!? HOW ABOUT THOSE GANKS AND LANES AND STUFF HUH?
I know nothing about Mobas despite playing LoL for a while

Emouse

I touched it once and got yelled at for being a scrub. Didn't really want to do much more after that. =/

Isn't that the usual "welcome to MOBAs fucker" you get from any of those games

Unrelated but British summer time is now over and apparently consoles don't know how to change time back an hour by themselves which is annoying

croten

Isn't that the usual "welcome to MOBAs fucker" you get from any of those games

Unrelated but British summer time is now over and apparently consoles don't know how to change time back an hour by themselves which is annoying

Yes it is.

I touched it once and got yelled at for being a scrub. Didn't really want to do much more after that. =/
I played two games of LoL in my life. The first one was with a friend and some of his friends, I got put in a lane all by myself up against some guy who just does pirouettes and wins the game, that sucked. The other time I played with a couple of other friends who just dicked around and only yelled at me to kill things harder. We won and that was fun.

Moba's can be really hard games to get into on your own. They really don't lend themselves well to just checking out the game real quick. Some of the most fun I've had in DotA2 was just dicking around, not doing what I'm supposed to do and stil winning for some reason. Maybe we can set up a friender party ingame sometime. Should be fun.

I play lol despite not having played for months since I havent had wifi for months...im slowly dying inside everyday...

I feel you man, I didn't play much for a couple of months either and all of my skill is gone. Don't want to say that I was GOOD at DotA2, but I'd like to think I had gotten the hang of things. Now it's like I'm a baby all over again. But at least I haven't got yelled at by russians yet, so I must be doing something right at least.

I played two games of LoL in my life. The first one was with a friend and some of his friends, I got put in a lane all by myself up against some guy who just does pirouettes and wins the game, that sucked. The other time I played with a couple of other friends who just dicked around and only yelled at me to kill things harder. We won and that was fun.

Moba's can be really hard games to get into on your own. They really don't lend themselves well to just checking out the game real quick. Some of the most fun I've had in DotA2 was just dicking around, not doing what I'm supposed to do and stil winning for some reason. Maybe we can set up a friender party ingame sometime. Should be fun.

I feel you man, I didn't play much for a couple of months either and all of my skill is gone. Don't want to say that I was GOOD at DotA2, but I'd like to think I had gotten the hang of things. Now it's like I'm a baby all over again. But at least I haven't got yelled at by russians yet, so I must be doing something right at least.
Why would russians yell at you!?

demidar

I don't know how it is in your skill bracket but mine is relatively courteous. Regardless you should probably play with patient friends. The Dota 2 community thread probably has a few people like that.

Rutti

I got 1000+h in but i'm pretty casual nowdays. I find the ARDM to be my favorite mode. If you want to play I'm always up for it.

ultimax

MOBAS?

Moar liek CHODE-AS?

amirite?

CRzEwjh.gif

Why would russians yell at you!?
Because they try the same shit on the Russian language server, but there people just yell back, I guess. Or you just notice it more because they're talking in Russian and it stands out. Regardless, Russians are the Brazillians of Europe when it comes to being notorious for being dicks in games.

I don't know how it is in your skill bracket but mine is relatively courteous. Regardless you should probably play with patient friends. The Dota 2 community thread probably has a few people like that.
I found that people get nicer as you get to higher skillbrackets because those are the people who stuck around and just want to have a nice game.

A lot of bad players also get stuck at entry level into the game. People who suffer from "I'm better than this but my teammates keep holding me back!" syndrome or "The pro's are doing it, so it should work for me as well, but I don't realise those thing only work because they are pro players!" syndrome. Makes it hard to get into the game, which sucks because there's a good game behind it all. Definitely helps to have some nice friends to get into it with.

Can't really blame people for just not bothering tho.

I got 1000+h in but i'm pretty casual nowdays. I find the ARDM to be my favorite mode. If you want to play I'm always up for it.
Sure man. Are you in the steam group?

How likely is it that the Vita will get a price drop any time soon in Europe?

It's hard to tell. There's a PlayStation thing happening soon, so I guess wait until after that before biting. If nothing get's mentioned at the event, then you should go for one. They are da best.

demidar

I found that people get nicer as you get to higher skillbrackets because those are the people who stuck around and just want to have a nice game.

A lot of bad players also get stuck at entry level into the game. People who suffer from "I'm better than this but my teammates keep holding me back!" syndrome or "The pro's are doing it, so it should work for me as well, but I don't realise those thing only work because they are pro players!" syndrome. Makes it hard to get into the game, which sucks because there's a good game behind it all. Definitely helps to have some nice friends to get into it with.

Can't really blame people for just not bothering tho.

Yeah that's the conclusion I came to. Do players voluntarily buy courier and wards at the start of a match?

demidar

When I play it's very rare to not have a courier at the start and pretty rare for no ward.

What bracket are you in? I'm in high High-low Very High. People generally co-operate because they understand that's the easiest way to win (though sometimes I do get the foul player).

Yep. Same name.

Well here it comes in November but agreed. Unless you are getting a vita for a game that doesn't work on Playstation TV like Gravity Rush, get Playstation TV.
Cool

Yeah that's the conclusion I came to. Do players voluntarily buy courier and wards at the start of a match?
They do, although I don't often check where what my mmr is or anything. In fact, I've been playing for quite a while and I've yet to even play enough ranked matches to even get a solo rating.

demidar

They do, although I don't often check where what my mmr is or anything. In fact, I've been playing for quite a while and I've yet to even play enough ranked matches to even get a solo rating.

That's more than I gave them credit for lol

They might just do it because the pros do *shrug*

Rutti

What bracket are you in? I'm in high High-low Very High. People generally co-operate because they understand that's the easiest way to win (though sometimes I do get the foul player).

I don't have MMR but in dotabuff the games that are tagged are mostly "high skill"

That's more than I gave them credit for lol

They might just do it because the pros do *shrug*

Granted, most of the games I play have a courier and/or wards because I'm in them. My most successful heroes according to DotA are Crystal Maiden, Vengeful Spirit and Dazzle.

I got shallow graves for days, son!

Oberon

Banned

Oberon

Banned
I had to go over to my next door neighbors house and my actual childhood friend was at the door and she looked cute and I wanted to tell her that but I wussed out.

The way you said it, make it seem like you haven't seen her in a while. How close arw you to her?

Ah my favorite trope. Should have told her, it's not like girls hate compliments
It was 7:30 in the morning and all I wanted to do was go back to bed. Then after I told her her brothers window was down I left and as I opened the door tp my house the thought of telling her she looked nice to day came into my brain and all I could say to myself was fuck

croten

It was 7:30 in the morning and all I wanted to do was go back to bed. Then after I told her her brothers window was down I left and as I opened the door tp my house the thought of telling her she looked nice to day came into my brain and all I could say to myself was fuck

If you really want to see her again you should hit her up. Ah I love osananajimi

Dark Souls 2 feels really weird, It feels like there is something off about it. but I can't put my finger on it. Dark Souls was okay. but I didn't enjoy as much as I did Demon's.

Dark Souls 2 feels really weird, It feels like there is something off about it. but I can't put my finger on it. Dark Souls was okay. but I didn't enjoy as much as I did Demon's.

Dark Souls did a really good job of conveying weight and impact, it made you feel like you were actually wearing heavy armor and big weapons. Dark Souls 2 just pretends to do so, it feels much floatier in comparison. That was the first thing I noticed about it.

Dark Souls 2 feels way too loose. The stiffness may be gone, but you never feel totally in control.

Okingjrr

Friender protip / PSA / reminder :
MGR revengeance and Killer is dead are 50% and 60% off respectively on steam. Get em while you can.

Or you can wait for the steam sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom