• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shackzam

Frienders, should I get transistor at the steam sale price or should I wait for a better price? Also I changed my avatar back.

360pages

Glad you realize that now. You need to be more critical about things.

No, do it, though. I want it now now now now now. I want it right now.

I don't want to be too critical of what I watch. It really depends on the situation really though, though I guess that's because I'm a writer that I start to understand not to be so harsh at judging different media

Frienders, should I get transistor at the steam sale price or should I wait for a better price? Also I changed my avatar back.
Play it now now now now.

Seriously though, half off is a great price. I don't see Holiday sales being any better than that. If you wait longer it will eventually get better.
Yeah I did.. like almost 24 hours of beaten..
Hey, I informed at least one person. So I did ok.

I don't want to be too critical of what I watch. It really depends on the situation really though, though I guess that's because I'm a writer that I start to understand not to be so harsh at judging different media

I'm not saying you have to nitpick on every minor detail, but SAO has some huge ass plot holes and to blindly ignore them is dumb. Relevant.

Yeah, or pick better recommendations and still have bad tastes.

Yeah, like Haikyuu and Ping Pong.

Alfebit

Banned
I finally got to watch today's video, and I almost died when the camera was pointing down at the glass floor. Fuck heights.

Some Aldnoah spoiler talk:
It was so dumb how the main character (i don't remember or care about his name) shoots the plane.. HE HAD NO REASON TO DO IT. It baffled me when it first aired.. Also, i bet the princess and main character don't die.. It's so obvious that they're not dead.

The princess is the only one unconfirmed so her being alive is plot important. Inaho's death is super confirmed or Slaine gets off easily in the next part. The last episode super got me interested in the series because I wasn't feeling it up until then.

I am insanely critical, it's actually the main reason I can't write, everything I write is bound to be, and is shit.

I think people should have a healthy balance of critique and enjoyment. I skew a bit too harsh. (I've had a friend yell at me for being too critical.)

Yep. I haven't even touched Haikyu. Ping Pong is in the list of last seasons to finish list.
Is it sad I haven't finished many animes I started last season? Maybe one or two at most. Gekkan shoujo isn't even one of the ones i've finished. ;_;

Haikyuu is pretty good, it's like Kuroko no Basket lite. And I dropped a lot of last season too, shit just got really boring, though Nozaki was always priority number 1.

But excalibur. They couldn't come up with a less generic fucking name for a legendary sword?
Excalibur.jpg
Da bess

Shackzam

Up to you. It depends on how strong the thirst is.
Play it now now now now.

Seriously though, half off is a great price. I don't see Holiday sales being any better than that. If you wait longer it will eventually get better.
Fuck it, I'll get it.
I won a free steam card from winning an injustice tournament and I was trying to think of things to spend it on
Now I need you frienders to spread the word of our lord and savior Ippo.

Yep. I haven't even touched Haikyu. Ping Pong is in the list of last seasons to finish list.
Is it sad I haven't finished many animes I started last season? Maybe one or two at most. Gekkan shoujo isn't even one of the ones i've finished. ;_;

Tsk tsk tsk. I'm disappointed in you. Not only have you not watched Haikyuu and Ping Pong, but you haven't finished Nozaki either.

Zenfalcia

The princess is the only one unconfirmed so her being alive is plot important. Inaho's death is super confirmed or Slaine gets off easily in the next part. The last episode super got me interested in the series because I wasn't feeling it up until then.

Thing is, they can easily retcon it and make inaho alive except he lost an eye or something. I wish they fleshed out the characters more. The first death was only shock value and no meaning behind it. The other characters just seemed like random normal people who could be easily replaced.. Hell the side characters had so much back story. Like the lieutenant should've played a bigger part, since he was super interesting. They didn't really need some of the classmates, unless they pay off in the future.

Kinda long rant.. But I really like the series, but these really stood out.. The music is so good too.

Fuck it, I'll get it.
I won a free steam card from winning an injustice tournament and I was trying to think of things to spend it on
I'm watching it right now after a week of being stupidly busy. Episode 13. Still kicks ass.

Gamer Y

I was pretty cool with Titania and Oberon, but shit Lady of the Lake isn't even a fairy, and I don't think that fairies had anything to do with Arthurian myths.
And it all started when they saved a elephant/flying jellyfish thing from a monster cause his sister told him to...in a flashback. Great segway SAO, and you wonder why people hate you.

Zenfalcia

I am insanely critical, it's actually the main reason I can't write, everything I write is bound to be, and is shit.

I think people should have a healthy balance of critique and enjoyment. I skew a bit too harsh. (I've had a friend yell at me for being too critical.)

I'm critical too.. I make something and immediately hate how bad it is.. Drawings and writing.. On the bright side, i don't make terrible things on the other side I don't get a lot done.

Haikyuu is pretty good, it's like Kuroko no Basket lite. And I dropped a lot of last season too, shit just got really boring, though Nozaki was always priority number 1.

Not really drop. I'll finish all the terribad series i've started, Glasslips, hanayamata, jinsei, Sabagebu.. and the list goes on.

Guess I shouldn't mention the quest is given to them by a lady of the lake then...

I felt like the author didn't even try. He just say, people know this! Stuff it in and there you go there's a story! Who here is reading Alicization? I've heard good things.. but early on.. It's rough. I didn't really enjoy it.

Thing is, they can easily retcon it and make inaho alive except he lost an eye or something. I wish they fleshed out the characters more. The first death was only shock value and no meaning behind it. The other characters just seemed like random normal people who could be easily replaced.. Hell the side characters had so much back story. Like the lieutenant should've played a bigger part, since he was super interesting. They didn't really need some of the classmates, unless they pay off in the future.

Kinda long rant.. But I really like the series, but these really stood out.. The music is so good too.

I feel all this gets addressed in the second part. It at least needs it.

ultimax

Fuck it, I'll get it.
I'm on like episode 21-ish on Ippo and I can pretty much say it's the hypest shit I've seen in my life

Zenfalcia

I was pretty cool with Titania and Oberon, but shit Lady of the Lake isn't even a fairy, and I don't think that fairies had anything to do with Arthurian myths.

Nekomimi aren't even fairies... Unless you go pick a specific fantasy creature..

extra image just because of cuteness: http://th06.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/f/2012/309/c/8/ggo_sao_sinon_colored_two_by_yahiko23-d5k312m.png

I feel all this gets addressed in the second part. It at least needs it.

If it isn't.. I'm going to be very annoyed.. I doubt anything will get wrapped up. They'll just only focus on the main story and wrap nothing up.

So for the past 2 weeks I've been putting off a 3-4 page essay because I didn't feel like doing it. Like a dumb ass I started it today and was rushing it and not caring how shitty it was. I was on the last paragraph when I get a text from my friend. As I'm answering it I get an email. I check it and it's a message from the teacher saying I have another week to turn it in because she wants to talk to students about it. Mother. Fucker. What is life

Also are you guys still talking about Sword Art?

Nekomimi aren't even fairies... Unless you go pick a specific fantasy creature..

They had those in SAO yeah... The author really doesn't give a fuck about consistency at all with his story.

After the SAO incident, the ALF MMO was only fairies. God damn it messes up with lore of the entire game when they introduce Nekomimis.

Zenfalcia

So for the past 2 weeks I've been putting off a 3-4 page essay because I didn't feel like doing it. Like a dumb ass I started it today and was rushing it and not caring how shitty it was. I was on the last paragraph when I get a text from my friend. As I'm answering it I get an email. I check it and it's a message from the teacher saying I have another week to turn it in because she wants to talk to students about it. Mother. Fucker. What is life

On the bright side, you can fix it up and make it good OOOOOR... be lazy and just leave it as is and do whatever for the week.

They had those in SAO yeah... The author really doesn't give a fuck about consistency at all with his story.

After the SAO incident, the ALF MMO was only fairies. God damn it messes up with lore of the entire game when they introduce Nekomimis.

He doesn't, he kinda does what is cool or cute.. Like the switch from SAO to ALF was dumb
Kirito with his god powers transfer over? Also does he HAVE TO PICK BLACK?!?!
. The story for that was terrible... =_=

I just caught up to episode 4 on Shirobako. Heartily recommend it so far, really fun look into anime production, like a less ridiculous but more generic Bakuman, which had manga writing battles. I'd also like to heartily suggest against watching World Trigger, since it's ultra generic and is becoming more like Bleach/Attack on Titan every episode, not to mention the ugly generic art style.

joe2187

Banned
What was bad about the art? I thought it was ok? Or was it the poor animations at some parts?

It's very generic and uninspired, nothing really stands out and it just feels very flat to me. its kind of critical to me that if Im gonna watch an animated show, it should have art style that stands out.

finally! Shinji going insane while waiting to die was great, I'm going to assume that this is where one of the possible endings that people interpret comes from, Either Shinji Dies in the goo or that he dies in hospital or is a vegetable and it all takes place in his mind from here on out. don't say anything yet, We'll talk when I finish the series

I recommend Kamen Rider Gaim since its best
anime
by Gen Urobuchi.

Madoka.

finally! Shinji going insane while waiting to die was great, I'm going to assume that this is where one of the possible endings that people interpret comes from, Either Shinji Dies in the goo or that he dies in hospital or is a vegetable and it all takes place in his mind from here on out. don't say anything yet, We'll talk when I finish the series

Oh, we'll talk alright. We'll talk the shit out of you, man.

I feel like the manga adaptation of that scene was better. It mainly showed what S
hinji thought and his state of mind while in the goop.

Zenfalcia

Gen Urobuchi hasn't let me down yet, but I agree that anything else is disappointment.

Let me disappoint you RIGHT NOW.

From wikipedia:
Urobuchi created the mainframe from the story until the preliminary version as Aoki was responsible for the characters. As a result, he does not feel connected with the Inaho developed by Aoki.

In Demo's video, Demo explained he was only in the first episode and had no other involvement after that.

Pretty much the second part, just going to finish it tomorrow. Fuck working on it more today, time for youtube.

Sounds fun. Good luck with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom