• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
well i dont know any other company that would do it

Why Not

media_nx.ashx

?

So everyone wins?

Yes! this could fit in with them bringing games to steam! It seems they are pulling away from physical releases and going for online and digital games. If Valkyria Chronicles does good maybe, just maybe we could get the sequels or some of their other games like Vanquish

Online and mobile games. And by online games, they mean like phantasy star. Unless VC sells a lot, that series and vanquish are as good as dead unless sega goes out of business/someone funds a sequel/someone buys the IP.

But I want it to happen so bad ;__;

Yes! this could fit in with them bringing games to steam! It seems they are pulling away from physical releases and going for online and digital games. If Valkyria Chronicles does good maybe, just maybe we could get the sequels or some of their other games like Vanquish
Yeah I'm actually really excited that this could mean we will get further SEGA games on PC now.

Thinking about them localizing games that never made it over here is just HNNNNG

I'm not thrilled at the lack of character customization in Alpha and Omega. Not even Mega Butterfree can make up for it.

See, this opinion always makes me very butthurt because it's not the first feature to be unceremoniously chopped out of a pokemon game, nor is it the most awesome. Anybody fucking remember how in HG/SS your pokemon FOLLOWED YOU AROUND OUTSIDE OF BATTLE AND IT WAS THE BEST THING EVER? Who gives a fuck about character customization compared to that?

Alfebit

Banned
See, this opinion always makes me very butthurt because it's not the first feature to be unceremoniously chopped out of a pokemon game, nor is it the most awesome. Anybody fucking remember how in HG/SS your pokemon FOLLOWED YOU AROUND OUTSIDE OF BATTLE AND IT WAS THE BEST THING EVER? Who gives a fuck about character customization compared to that?

Me. Doesn't mean I don't want pokemon following you back, just means I liked being able to customize my character.

Online and mobile games. And by online games, they mean like phantasy star. Unless VC sells a lot, that series and vanquish are as good as dead unless sega goes out of business/someone funds a sequel/someone buys the IP.

But I want it to happen so bad ;__;

Sega seems to be responding to the demand for more of their games on steam and VC is a great way to start off that I certainly didn't see coming. If the game does well enough to justify it's cost I don't see why (aside from Sega being Sega of course) they would not bring more games over. Their PC output is already pretty strong with Total War which they have called one of the 4 pillars of their company and now they have the Warhammer 40k licence as well. if they are moving toward digital, online and mobile games it would still make sense for them to keep putting out these types of games that sell well and can be sold digital only. I'm probably being blind here and ignoring facts but it doesn't seem that far off if VC makes them money

Sega seems to be responding to the demand for more of their games on steam and VC is a great way to start off that I certainly didn't see coming. If the game does well enough to justify it's cost I don't see why (aside from Sega being Sega of course) they would not bring more games over. Their PC output is already pretty strong with Total War which they have called one of the 4 pillars of their company and now they have the Warhammer 40k licence as well. if they are moving toward digital, online and mobile games it would still make sense for them to keep putting out these types of games that sell well and can be sold digital only. I'm probably being blind here and ignoring facts but it doesn't seem that far off if VC makes them money

I think a PC port of vanquish and Bayo is totally possible if VC sells well. But a sequel for vanquish or VC? Never happening unless one of the three I mentioned happens.

Alfebit

Banned
I prefer the system of pick one gender, the other's your rival. No predesigned universal rival character can ever beat Gary Motherfuckin' Oak.

I honestly couldn't care about who you rival is. I love being able to customize my character in any way I see fit. Even with how limited X/Y's customization is you could make a very unique looking trainer.

I think a PC port of vanquish and Bayo is totally possible if VC sells well. But a sequel for vanquish or VC? Never happening unless one of the three I mentioned happens.

I was more talking about the fact that VC already has 2 sequels for PSP, the third one was never localized, depending on how VC does they might bring those over as well. Vanquish I just want a port of so I can actually get a copy at a reasonable price

croten

I never played VC before but I'm gonna pick it up on steam because it looks really good and to support Japanese PC ports, God knows they need it.

I honestly couldn't care about who you rival is. I love being able to customize my character in any way I see fit. Even with how limited X/Y's customization is you could make a very unique looking trainer.

Eh, I didn't care, but to each their own. I'm mostly concerned with how massive the postgame content is going to be...
giphy.gif

I give a damn about a character having a skin tone similar to mine. It helps with immersion.

Pokemon is similar to fighting games in that sequel progression isn't a reason to have a preference in title, it's the mechanics.

Possibly. If we keep up this pace of burning through OTs
I want a show of hands of people who are actually limited by the 60 second posting cooldown.
DXLelouch153;137019628 [URL="http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=923860" said:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=923860[/URL]
This one is fairly tame. I like how there's some people going on about "RIP in peace" though.

Squishy3

*cough*fatal frame*cough*
jk

Maybe that's why SEGA bought Atlus, "Hey! You hate to localize your games too?!"
i can't wait for them to localize the mediocre persona zombie spinoff game and kill the chances of releasing anything atlus makes in the west like sega killed releasing everything that isn't sonic and miku in the west

i am also currently sitting on the checkout page for the xbox one sunset overdrive bundle on amazon

I give a damn about a character having a skin tone similar to mine. It helps with immersion.

Pokemon is similar to fighting games in that sequel progression isn't a reason to have a preference in title, it's the mechanics.

Okay, fine, people care about character customization. It's still not important enough to not buy the game.

Zenfalcia

I want a show of hands of people who are actually limited by the 60 second posting cooldown.
This one is fairly tame. I like how there's some people going on about "RIP in peace" though.

I find myself mashing the post button a lot when that happens.

I will never stop loving the joke Rip in peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom