• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I watched two gameplay videos of Evolve...

I don't see the point in caring about the game much anymore. The monster doesn't really change between games; sure they might run different perks, but those seem to have a minor effect on things. It looks like it doesn't really vary things up that much. Initially I thought they were saying you could consume the wildlife to gain abilities, which I thought would have been neat to see, but it seems they meant that you unlock ability points.

I hope this develops further out of the alpha, because right now it's looking really meh.

Squishy3

I don't see the point in caring about the game much anymore. The monster doesn't really change between games; sure they might run different perks, but those seem to have a minor effect on things. It looks like it doesn't really vary things up that much. Initially I thought they were saying you could consume the wildlife to gain abilities, which I thought would have been neat to see, but it seems they meant that you unlock ability points.

I hope this develops further out of the alpha, because right now it's looking really meh.
Unless they put the second monster in this alpha, there's still another monster.

I thought it was confirmed to have different playable monsters. It's a cool game to play once in a while tho. FPSs sometimes get stale in terms of gameplay.

OT never fails to crack me up.

now for some real OT insanity
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=923689
Ur2slow.png

It's still the most awful, clickbait-titled, attention-seeking thread I've seen on GAF. Like the occasional "I hate X" threads weren't bad enough, he did it without any valid points or wishing to discuss anything about it.
Shamelessly raises hand
I find myself mashing the post button a lot when that happens.
*raises hand shamelessly*
When I post on mobile and my post just disappears due to the cooldown, I'm just like "Oh..."

Jman014

Suddenly caring about Frozen again.

9go6I5D.gif

Btw if you have XCOM Enemy Unknown on Steam you should have the Evolve alpha in your library ready to install.

That was posted a while ago. But regardless..

Yeah we talked about this last night, the OP got juniored for it so everything went better than expected

Ur2slow.png

It's still the most awful, clickbait-titled, attention-seeking thread I've seen on GAF. Like the occasional "I hate X" threads weren't bad enough, he did it without any valid points or wishing to discuss anything about it.

Welp, guess it's my fault for not catching up on the thread.

As if anything posted here is worth catching up on.

Unless they put the second monster in this alpha, there's still another monster.

I thought it was confirmed to have different playable monsters. It's a cool game to play once in a while tho. FPSs sometimes get stale in terms of gameplay.

The Alpha appears to have two in it, the Kraken and the other brutish one. There's a third planned I think. It would be interesting if you didn't know what monster was in the field at the start of the game, but the loading screen details the classes and characters chosen for that round.

Idk, I guess I should have put my expectations lower.

lol if Sega dared to fuck with Persona im pretty sure at that point Pat would say fuck it to everything and go to Japan just to set them on fire
Yakuza was just the calm before the storm

The Alpha appears to have two in it, the Kraken and the other brutish one. There's a third planned I think. It would be interesting if you didn't know what monster was in the field at the start of the game, but the loading screen details the classes and characters chosen for that round.

Idk, I guess I should have put my expectations lower.

Yeah they should hide the type of monster.

I wish I could actually play it. My parents only let me bring my laptop...

All the good stuff happens during the day, though. Also, I wouldn't call Naruto and Sonic good/serious discussions :v
Dok starting Black Lagoon, people's heights and girl height, celebrity crushes, AngryCanadian watching EVA, JooseBawcks reading Part 2 of JoJo.

We have fun here.
I don't think we really expect it at the pace we're going, and the best stuff we post is in the evenings, but we still have to insult you if we already talked about something.

Naruto and Korra talk are the things I gloss over.

Squishy3

Dok starting Black Lagoon, people's heights and girl height, celebrity crushes, AngryCanadian watching EVA.

We have fun here.
I don't think we really expect it at the pace we're going, and the best stuff we post is in the evenings, but we still have to insult you if we already talked about something.
And I finally convinced someone to watch Beck. Which also has plenty of great Engrish! From the first episode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOTFEL4fjX4&channel=bakaboy

Dok starting Black Lagoon, people's heights and girl height, celebrity crushes, AngryCanadian watching EVA.

We have fun here.

Naruto and Korra talk are the things I gloss over.

We also learned to much about jack_package_200's dating life

Squishy3

Persona is still somewhat of a cash cow which is they the have been milking p4 so much recently.
Yeah but stuff like P4D, Ultimax and Persona Q deals were all finalized way before Index got in its shit. Same with Persona 5. We'll have to wait for the next batch of games after those to see how much Sega fucks with Atlus.

Village

yes, and that is why the reality where sega stops localizing persona might become a thing, i wouldn't be surprised if we don't get any more smt games at least

Atlus games actually make money and functions by itself unlike the games you want sega to localize. Hell I believe atlus volunteer to localize stuff for them.

Yeah but stuff like P4D, Ultimax and Persona Q deals were all finalized way before Index got in its shit. Same with Persona 5. We'll have to wait for the next batch of games after those to see how much Sega fucks with Atlus.

assuming someone else doesnt buy Atlus by then

Dok starting Black Lagoon, people's heights and girl height, celebrity crushes, AngryCanadian watching EVA, JooseBawcks reading Part 2 of JoJo.

We have fun here.

Exactly. Daytime SBF Thread > Nighttime SBF Thread.

They need to milk P2 man. I was so hyped for IS's opening I want a full anime.

You and me both.

Squishy3

Atlus games actually make money and functions by itself unlike the games you want sega to localize. Hell I believe atlus volunteer to localize stuff for them.
Sega could have chosen to kill the Yakuza franchise with the actually good spinoff instead of the fucking mediocre zombie game. I like Dead Souls and I'm glad it exists, but Sega should have released Kenzan and not Dead Souls since Dead Souls killed the franchise here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom