• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sega could have chosen to kill the Yakuza franchise with the actually good spinoff instead of the fucking mediocre zombie game. I like Dead Souls and I'm glad it exists, but Sega should have released Kenzan and not Dead Souls since Dead Souls killed the franchise here.
Sega might be run by fucking monkeys but I like them solely cause isolation exists.

Village

Sega could have chosen to kill the Yakuza franchise with the actually good spinoff instead of the fucking mediocre zombie game. I like Dead Souls and I'm glad it exists, but Sega should have released Kenzan and not Dead Souls since Dead Souls killed the franchise here.

Why would they kill it

It makes tons in japan, the west isn't the only place that matters ya know.

Dok starting Black Lagoon, people's heights and girl height, celebrity crushes, AngryCanadian watching EVA, JooseBawcks reading Part 2 of JoJo.

We have fun here.
I don't think we really expect it at the pace we're going, and the best stuff we post is in the evenings, but we still have to insult you if we already talked about something.

Naruto and Korra talk are the things I gloss over.

Black lagoon is pretty hype and violent. I like it.

Squishy3

Sega might be run by fucking monkeys but I like them solely cause isolation exists.
I just want Sega internal development to not be all but dead except for Sonic and Miku. Those are literally the only things they internally develop that get released in the West that aren't mobile now.

Why would they kill it

Yeah but I can't fucking understand it so. It's dead to me. Not learning a language just to play the Yakuza games, which actually requires knowledge of Japanese to play it. Not gonna trust random walkthroughs on the Internet to get the crazy Yakuza stories right.

croten

Why would they kill it

It doesn't really. It does make much more in Japan but the games rarely break 1 Million worldwide. At least according to this. If were a capcom game the series would've never had a sequel lol

I just want Sega internal development to not be all but dead except for Sonic and Miku. Those are literally the only things they internally develop that get released in the West that aren't mobile now.

Yeah but I can't fucking understand it so. It's dead to me. Not learning a language just to play the Yakuza games, which actually requires knowledge of Japanese to play it. Not gonna trust random walkthroughs on the Internet to get the crazy Yakuza stories right.
They did apparently fix alot of the probelms with rome 2 and I think they released a big expansion for free for that game.

I don't reall pay that much attention to japanese games so my view on sega isn't as bad as wha other people say

I feel the same way about square

Oberon

Banned
tumblr_ndnqtp7R9g1ti0vcoo1_500.gif

Thanks JonTron for this amazing gif ;___;7

yes, and that is why the reality where sega stops localizing persona might become a thing, i wouldn't be surprised if we don't get any more smt games at least

Yeah but stuff like P4D, Ultimax and Persona Q deals were all finalized way before Index got in its shit. Same with Persona 5. We'll have to wait for the next batch of games after those to see how much Sega fucks with Atlus.

They don't need SEGA to do that, at least not in Europe!
Arghhhh! I hate YOU ATLUS! I know now Pat feels about SEGA...
I want to play SMT IV! But WHY IN GODS NAME IS 28 CHF???
I had wait for so long, I HAVE TO PAY MORE THAN THE REST OF EUROPE?!
And it's only in english AND downloadable only! They spent litteraly NOTHING on this "localization"

mrhej

Alright I'm getting the Last of Us PS4 bundle tomorrow. What are your game recommendations?

Also does the PS4 support external hard drives?

Squishy3

Alright I'm getting the Last of Us PS4 bundle tomorrow. What are your game recommendations?

Don't know about externals but you can replace the internal hard drive pretty easily from what I understand.

croten

Thanks JonTron for this amazing gif ;___;7

They don't need SEGA to do that, at least not in Europe!
Arghhhh! I hate YOU ATLUS! I know now Pat feels about SEGA...
I want to play SMT IV! But WHY IN GODS NAME IS 28 CHF???
I had wait for so long, I HAVE TO PAY MORE THAN THE REST OF EUROPE?

At least we can play it. Yakuza 5 isn't coming out anywhere outside of Japan. Ever.

Yeah but I want the crazy Japanese bullshit games. Their PC stuff is good but it's not what I want from the company. :(
Translating costs a ton of money to do and I don't think yakuza ever really spld that well over here to warrent them making any more

Unless they sold really well here and I'm just talking out of my ass

Squishy3

At least we can play it. Yakuza 5 isn't coming out anywhere outside of Japan. Ever.
Or Isshin. Or Yakuza 0. ;____________;

Translating costs a ton of money to do and I don't think yakuza ever really spld that well over here to warrent them making any more

Unless they sold really well here and I'm just talking out of my ass
They didn't do that well here but the last game they released here that sealed the franchise's doom was Dead Souls, which is the mediocre zombie game. They could have released the awesome spinoff where Kazuma Kiryu is a samurai instead of the zombie game. I like Dead Souls, but if I had to choose between the two I'd have picked Kenzan over Dead Souls.

At least it gave us Majima singing Get to the Top: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohkYgW3f3jI&channel=AndsyNF

Oberon

Banned

Well SMT IV in english only, and not everybody can speak englisch

Could you take a road trip out of France to buy it?
I'm not sure if it has a physical release in EU

I thought people used the Euro anyways.

It's Digital, so they made sure that I suffered the most.
WHY? WHYY? I bought 4 Atlus games this year, 2 where imported and every single one was in english. Language Option? What's that?

WHY? WHYY? I bought 4 Atlus games this year, 2 where imported and every single one was in english. Language Option? What's that?

yea but compared to learning Japanese, English is easy

Use your controller for PC games.
Infamous is good but pretty short, Ground Zeroes is really good if you are a fan of MGS, AC4 is fine. I haven't turned mine on to play a game in months, everything I want is coming out next year but I bought mine knowing it was a secondary platform with a huge potential later in its life. The first year of a new generation is always rough anyway

oh yeah I've heard very good things about Wolfenstein but I haven't played it

croten

Atlus aren't great with Europe I know but SEGA are even worse with everything outside of Japan. Including Europe.

And to be fair, localizing into one language is tough enough.

Atlus aren't great with Europe I know but SEGA are even worse with everything outside of Japan. Including Europe.

And to be fair, localizing into one language is tough enough.
ATLUS wouldn't get nearly as much hate if they didn't tease Europe with their releases. They say it's coming and then it takes literally years.

If they just didn't release their games in europe at all, there'd be less of a shitstorm.

Zenfalcia

Well, Killing Floor is installing. We still doing this, right?

I'm down for it still

We better

What time?

Oh yeah, room for one more?

Whenever Zen is cool I think

We can talk about time and anyone is free to join.. I'm going have to figure out a way to invite everyone... Or plan it..

i was thinking 4-7 EST some time around there. What does everyone think?

How about an actual time. Is 8-9PM EST good for everyone?

Edit: Any time is good.

croten

ATLUS wouldn't get nearly as much hate if they didn't tease Europe with their releases. They say it's coming and then it takes literally years.

If they just didn't release their games in europe at all, there'd be less of a shitstorm.

Yeah but it least give hope, I know it's an abusive relationship but at least got SMTIV, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom