• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
You definitely can. That's not the GBA version is it? That means it's going to be even harder and less friendly. As a first person dungeon crawler, it'd be pretty rough.

The GBA version is harder than the SNES version? I thought that game was hard enough when you can get into random battles before getting your first weapon.

Xiraiya

Not talking about you or this situation, but I just wanna make note that I hate the whole concept of "These questions don't have answers!" as a form of proof for something. It's so completely invalid and dumb.
I definitely agree, I like that they ask questions, but no the answers aren't Aliens.

On Ancient Aliens? No, they just get this bizarre, frothy excitement like they've uncovered the greatest historical thing ever but no one will listen to them (for good reason).
I wish it was more like this.
I usually can't stand ghost hunting shows, though I do watch Ghost Adventures, those guys are entertaining.

I'm pretty sure the GA guys are also the people Matt talked about a few times, even though he exaggerated it until it stopped making much sense.

Guys did you see THIS?!
diVwMPv.jpg

they should of waited till this was out for the LP for first ever Best Friends 4 player LP
edit:nvm its already out
i stand by that i said though

Xiraiya

Well, you know I could've sworn I read that, but can't find anything. Here's a hardcore gaming 101 link
http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/megaten/megaten2.htm

Interesting, so that's where that Camo coat comes from, a few years ago I was playing the Shin Megami Tensei MMO and the outfits in that game were rad, one of the special ones was the coat the Chaos Hero wears, and it was just called "Chaos coat" or something like that.

Good times.

Xiraiya

theres a simple solution to this
Matt grounds Liam if he tries being a dick
Don't invite Liam at all and get one of their girlfriends to take his place, since we should still have that slightly feminine twist in the group.

Seems like a better long term solution to me.

Well, you know I could've sworn I read that, but can't find anything. Here's a hardcore gaming 101 link

http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/megaten/megaten2.htm

Shin Megami Tensei was also re-released for the Gameboy Advance. The graphical look is much the same as the Playstation version, although without the smooth scrolling. There is no easier difficulty level, although the game has been slightly toned down anyway from the SFC version.

I guess I was playing the harder version.

So, I've never seen a star wars movie in my life and I kinda want to see them. So for someone who's only seen the new(ish?) Clone Wars cartoon and played one lego star wars game (i.e having no expectations or knowledge outside the basic star wars stuff) should I watch it chroniclogically or in release order?

Also, best legal way to watch the movies? Price isn't really a big deal unless its outrageously expensive.

3late5me to reply but...

4,5,2,3,6 is an interesting way of watching the saga. 1 is almost entirely unneeded.

Kinda spoilerish for the saga, but people who've seen it should click the link to read the justification.

Interesting, so that's where that Camo coat comes from, a few years ago I was playing the Shin Megami Tensei MMO and the outfits in that game were rad, one of the special ones was the coat the Chaos Hero wears, and it was just called "Chaos coat" or something like that.

Good times.
Woof, you played that MMO? Is it as bad as people make it out to be?
I guess I was playing the harder version.
Oh, cool, I'm not crazy. The GBA version is the one ported to iOS, the interface updates are rock solid.

360pages

I think Liam is pretty great, even on a lot of podcast. I feel like he adds a younger vibe to the group so it won't be a bunch of old men. Plus he has a decent knowledge about Anime where the only other person who knows a decent amount is Woolie.

Plus he is great when he has an LP most of the time.

croten

I think Liam is pretty great, even on a lot of podcast. I feel like he adds a younger vibe to the group so it won't be a bunch of old men. Plus he has a decent knowledge about Anime where the only other person who knows a decent amount is Woolie.

Yeah, I think that the only dynamic they don't have is a female perspective which would be cool if one of their girlfriends or one of he dork girls joined in once in a while, it would be interesting at least

Xiraiya

Woof, you played that MMO? Is it as bad as people make it out to be?

It felt slow, empty and unfinished so I can understand why people would immediately react badly to it, but I thought the Gameplay was actually pretty good despite those issues, it had Combat that I haven't really seen in any other MMO and I quite enjoyed leveling and raising creatures and fighting in general.

Basically from what I saw of that game, it had some really cool ideas, but it always felt like a Beta basically, a really early Beta, I think if a really dedicated team had put a solid 6 months of polishing into it, it could have been the beginning of something really special.

Honestly I can barely stand him in the Podcast, but I can acknowledge the importance of his role in the group, however that just means he feels even more unnecessary in LPs.

I'm only 25, meaning Liam is only a couple of years younger than I am and I still just find him annoying, the only old man is Pat, Matt is mostly immature for his Age, and Woolie is just Woolie.

Yeah, I think that the only dynamic they don't have is a female perspective which would be cool if one of their girlfriends or one of he dork girls joined in once in a while, it would be interesting at least

There should be a reverse Zaibatsu video where all of their lady friends play a Brawl or game like Mario 3d worlds and talk shit about their boyfriends :)

There should be a reverse Zaibatsu video where all of their lady friends play a Brawl or game like Mario 3d worlds and talk shit about their boyfriends :)

I actually don't want that as it would only prove, again, that the majority of any fandom is sexist and afraid of change in the worst way possible. The Zaibatsu and their girlfriends may not care about those sorts of comments, but that doesn't mean it's permission for them to continue to exist.

Rizzi

I am pretty annoyed today. No internet connection, so I can't play Sunset Overdrive. Got CoD preordered so that's out today, can't play the mulyiplayer when I pick that up.
Fuck everything.

croten

I am pretty annoyed today. No internet connection, so I can't play Sunset Overdrive. Got CoD preordered so that's out today, can't play the mulyiplayer when I pick that up.
Fuck everything.

You can't play SO without an internet connection?

I've never watched one of their videos till now. That was odd. I'm sure I need to get to know the personalities or have the right mindset for it.
It felt slow, empty and unfinished so I can understand why people would immediately react badly to it, but I thought the Gameplay was actually pretty good despite those issues, it had Combat that I haven't really seen in any other MMO and I quite enjoyed leveling and raising creatures and fighting in general.

Basically from what I saw of that game, it had some really cool ideas, but it always felt like a Beta basically, a really early Beta, I think if a really dedicated team had put a solid 6 months of polishing into it, it could have been the beginning of something really special.
-
Honestly I can barely stand him in the Podcast, but I can acknowledge the importance of his role in the group, however that just means he feels even more unnecessary in LPs..
That sounds like a damn shame then. I would've loved an SMT MMO, but I got on that train too late and the MMO was dead, and sadly I don't see ATLUS trying again anytime in the next decade given it's reputation, at least here in the West, and how hard it is to build an MMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom