• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjack

Banned
Witch of the holy night came out after 10 years. #believe

Nasu is either busy playing Dark Souls 2 or WILL BE busy playing Bloodborne in a couple of months. Looking forward to seeing nothing substantial released from Typemoon in the next couple of years!

360pages

Nasu is either busy playing Dark Souls 2 or WILL BE busy playing Bloodborne in a couple of months. Looking forward to seeing nothing substantial released from Typemoon in the next couple of years!

Don't worry. Fate/Stay night super ultra mega addition for the PS4 will come out. Got to milk that Fate series.

360pages

What is with Kirby's final bosses being eldritch horrors?

If you think about it, Kirby is kind of one himself. He consumes everything he comes across and spends a lot of time sleeping.

I think it works well with the world it sets up. The best thing about them is that ever the eldritch horrors aren't super complex, but the fact that they are usually always smiling or giving off a strange feel is what makes them scary.

Uncanny to the world that they are in. Everyone is smiling in Kirby's world, even most of the bosses. So when the final boss has a huge smile on his face, but there is something off compared to it and the rest of the world an uncanny effect happens.

What is with Kirby's final bosses being eldritch horrors?

If you think about it, Kirby is kind of one himself. He consumes everything he comes across and spends a lot of time sleeping.
That's actually what I really enjoy about the games. They're super colorful but boy can they get fucked up in the late game
I will continue to stop the lewd, not because I want to, but because no one else will.
Give in and join us PG. Aren't you tired?
ps thanks for the invite kbye

demidar

I think it works well with the world it sets up. The best thing about them is that ever the eldritch horrors aren't super complex, but the fact that they are usually always smiling or giving off a strange feel is what makes them scary.

Uncanny to the world that they are in. Everyone is smiling in Kirby's world, even most of the bosses. So when the final boss has a huge smile on his face, but there is something off compared to it and the rest of the world an uncanny effect happens.

It's the eyes. A smile complemented with dead eyes is what makes it creepy.

360pages

Some people say they were actually directed by Michael Bay and he took out all the good character development.

I actually like the first two movies more than the original series. Then the third movie messes that up with trying to return to the flavor of the original. Dividing those who was in it for the new vision/ no connection. And coming off as a cheap imitation to those who like the old version.

sjack

Banned
Don't worry. Fate/Stay night super ultra mega addition for the PS4 will come out. Got to milk that Fate series.

On the subject of F/SN, I've been actively avoiding watching the show at the moment since I want to marathon it in one go when it's fully released. However, I couldn't help but click the Saber vs Berserker clip today, and boy, they weren't kidding when they said they were going to add scenes that weren't in the original VN. Not only that, but apparently Berserker learned how to handle a sword from Raiden

360pages

On the subject of F/SN, I've been actively avoiding watching the show at the moment since I want to marathon it in one go when it's fully released. However, I couldn't help but click the Saber vs Berserker clip today, and boy, they weren't kidding when they said they were going to add scenes that weren't in the original VN. Not only that, but apparently Berserker learned how to handle a sword from Raiden

Actually from what I've read, Berserk could always do that.

Nine lives blade works shirou does is actually a weaker version of what Berserk can do, but 10 faster. He can swing his weapon 100 times in less than a second, and that is how he was capable of beating the hydra.

tRqI8SR.gif

Cats are so stupid

croten

I really hope they add some stuff from the Fate route into it. There were some things that weren't explained in UBW
like Avalon.

sjack

Banned
Actually from what I've read, Berserk could always do that.

Nine lives blade works shirou does is actually a weaker version of what Berserk can do, but 10 faster. He can swing his weapon 100 times in less than a second, and that is how he was capable of beating the hydra.

No, I meant the whole use your foot to wield your sword nonsense. I haven't played the VN in a while, but I don't recall every reading that (but I'm probably wrong anyways)

360pages

No, I meant the whole use your foot to wield your sword nonsense. I haven't played the VN in a while, but I don't recall every reading that (but I'm probably wrong anyways)

Nah, it wasn't in the VN. Because he was summoned as a Berserk he lacked the motor skills to use the attack.

I laughed my ass off at the Congratulations scene
That ending was fine I, it's good that Shinji maybe worked himself out and grew to understand the realities and the possibilities of the world. Self acceptance and perception is hard you guys

I wasn't really hyped during the dubstep in the battle scenes. Why would there be machine noises at a roman setting?

That ending was fine I, it's good that Shinji maybe worked himself out and grew to understand the realities and the possibilities of the world. Self acceptance and perception is hard you guys

Did you watched it dubbed or subbed?

I'm glad you liked it. I had the same feelings towards the show ending. I wish I had more to say about it, but it's been really fun watching you do these updates. I'm still looking forward to End of EVA whenever you get around to it.

Edit: Oh cool, right now.

I'm glad you liked it. I had the same feelings towards the show ending. I wish I had more to say about it, but it's been really fun watching you do these updates. I'm still looking forward to End of EVA whenever you get around to it.

Edit: Oh cool, right now.

yeah I'll post my full thoughts on the show as a whole after I watch the movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom