• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
the Music in EoE was great and non stop infinite Rei is creepy as all fuck. it was good to see what was happening in the real world while Shinji is stuck within his mind in episodes 25 and 26. I feel that EoE had more of an impact because you actually get to see how Shinji's choices within him self are physically affecting the world and the people we know in it. Is there a straight transfer point to the events from the show to EoE? like is the congratulations scene occurring at the same time that he is strangling Asuka and the part where he forgives his father where he lets go? I said that EoE had more weight to it but I don't think I see them as separate things, I see them as different sides of the same coin, they are both happening and both are important. is there a version that splices the movie together with the last 2 episodes of the tv show?

Just a little about my thoughts on the whole series, This is a very personal thing but I hate the sound design of the show specially when someone would talk and their voice would only come out of one side of the headphones depending on what side of the screen they were on. I have a phobia of going deaf and it really bothered me to hear something on one side and not the other. This is completely on me and I am in no way blaming the show or counting that against it.

During the first part of the show I hated it. The action had very little weight to it in a lot of scenes and there was never much tension for me. I only really started to like it at around episode 16 - 18 where it started to head toward the mental side of the. essentially I hated the mech part of the show.

The show is one of the best representations of Depression, self loathing, self doubt and everything that comes in the with it that I have ever seen. All the characters were very sympathetic and I could relate with them, which since the creator was depressed whilst making it is incredibly accurate to something that cannot be described. the random text and image flashes during the later reflection scenes were really powerful in my opinion as it shows the mind in disarray.

Asuka whom I was originally very negative towards does end up redeeming herself but I feel the first part of the show really does a disservice to her character.

In the end I got what I wanted out of the show and Really liked the last 10 episodes or so but the other half of the show was a complete slog to get through and I probably would have dropped it if not for the Frienders edging me on.

Squishy3

This is a very personal thing but I hate the sound design of the show specially when someone would talk and their voice would only come out of one side of the headphones depending on what side of the screen they were on. I have a phobia of going deaf and it really bothered me to hear something on one side and not the other. This is completely on me and I am in no way blaming the show or counting that against it.
This totally means you should play the shit out of Corpse Party then.

Asuka whom I was originally very negative towards does end up redeeming herself but I feel the first part of the show really does a disservice to her character.
In the end I got what I wanted out of the show and Really liked the last 10 episodes or so but the other half of the show was a complete slog to get through and I probably would have dropped it if not for the Frienders edging me on.

The thing I liked about Asuka's first appearance is that it mimics what it's like to actually meet someone like that in real life, she's loud, abrasive and very hard to like, but when you get used to her and learn more about she's actually a pretty relatable person and has redeeming qualities that aren't apparent on the surface. It's a nice touch that I can understand turning people off but I really appreciated.

I'm glad you enjoyed it, I really like getting people to watch it through, because even if they don't end up liking it, I think it's an important series that does a lot of interesting stuff from a story and character perspective. And as far as when it takes place, it's all weirdly vague and there aren't a lot of answers, there are tons of theories surrounding it so you can pretty much just go with what you like.

Quick question; do you have a favorite episode? Overall episode 24 is by far my favorite one, just because of what it tells us about Shinji's character, not to mention Kaworu is the biggest dick G of them all.

Life and Hometown await.

If you found a good deal go for it. If you wanna get a bargain, you should wait till Black Friday though.
I was going to wait, but one of my friends just texted me a picture of their new Vita. And I am weak.

Now I'm just debating getting it in a GameStop ASAP or on Amazon.

This totally means you should play the shit out of Corpse Party then.
I have it started up on my vita, I had just beaten the first chapter I think with the Two girls
wherein the one girl hangs herself
I'll get back to it eventually
The Next transiton would be the Doujin Re-take.
Somewhat joking somewhat not.

I'm glad you stuck around to see what Evangelion has to offer.
Yeah it was rough going in the middle there but it was worth it to see the ending
The thing I liked about Asuka's first appearance is that it mimics what it's like to actually meet someone like that in real life, she's loud, abrasive and very hard to like, but when you get used to her and learn more about she's actually a pretty relatable person and has redeeming qualities that aren't apparent on the surface. It's a nice touch that I can understand turning people off but I really appreciated.

I'm glad you enjoyed it, I really like getting people to watch it through, because even if they don't end up liking it, I think it's an important series that does a lot of interesting stuff from a story and character perspective. And as far as when it takes place, it's all weirdly vague and there aren't a lot of answers, there are tons of theories surrounding it so you can pretty much just go with what you like.

Quick question; do you have a favorite episode? Overall episode 24 is by far my favorite one, just because of what it tells us about Shinji's character, not to mention Kaworu is the biggest dick G of them all.
I don't know what my favourite episode would be, either 23, 24 or 25 and 26 put together.
the failed Yaoi in 24 was fucking devastating to Shinji and I saw that as one of the final straws that broke the camel's back and was a really good way to show just why Shinji didn't want to open himself up or bond with people.
I was so bored when Asuka was introduced that I didn't give her chance and was just hating on everything going on in the show. I agree with your views on her now.
Guys I think I'm going to break and buy a Vita. I want it.
do it.

Now to watch D4

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Heres the wall scroll I got.
jH0Gvbz.jpg
The best husbando.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom