• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I'm not going to beat Bayo 2 on third climax because I guess I just got lucky with the platinum trophies so far. I cannot get through The Depths at all.

Squishy3

Honestly, since Unfolded is basically a complete remake, it's worthwhile to get both.

Also, I will shill for the game til the end of time. I think Tearaway is a wonderful exhibition of what the Vita is capable of, and it is adorable as all hell.
I wish it was more of a game. It's way too easy.

Oh sweet D4 playthrough.

If I can join in the Eva discussion, I feel that I connected with the show at a personal level at a young age. I wasn't able to understand much of anything that was going on, but I was going through a lot of things at the time that coincide with the series (
not being treated yet for clinical depression, feeling lost and lonely in the world, basically had no friends, was considering suicide, had yet to be diagnosed with the mental/social problems that I have, and thus was not getting the help and support that I needed, etc etc, very fun stuff like that
). Something in it just made me feel like I was not alone in it all. It of course was not until years later on reading plot synopsis that I actually understood what was happening, but at the age I watched it, there was something there on a primal level that held my attention.

I still need to go back and watch the whole thing myself, but I've got A LOOOOOOOT on my backlog before I reach that point.

I was and am in a very similar place, just remember that if you ever need to talk, there are people here that will listen and try to help as best we can. Even if you are past that point, it can still help to talk. My experience with depression really brought the show up in my opinion because it allowed me to sympathize with the characters and connect with them.

Honestly, since Unfolded is basically a complete remake, it's worthwhile to get both.

Also, I will shill for the game til the end of time. I think Tearaway is a wonderful exhibition of what the Vita is capable of, and it is adorable as all hell.
I don't doubt it's adorable, but I'm petty enough that I just dislike the artstyle, and so it drops a few rungs on my list of must haves. I'm still, for sure, buying it.
Put Project Diva ahead of Persona.

Ahead of P3P? Yeah, sure. I'm fucking playing P2 tho.

I need to play 999 still tho ;_; I've also never played Disgaea, but I'm sure I will eventually.

I wish it was more of a game. It's way too easy.

If it ever gets a sequel, I would love for an increased difficulty.

I don't doubt it's adorable, but I'm petty enough that I just dislike the artstyle, and so it drops a few rungs on my list of must haves. I'm still, for sure, buying it.
The artstyle can be a turn off. I understand that. I still haven't installed Dust because the artstyle.

Alfebit

Banned
Deception>Muramasa:Rebirth>P2:IS>P3P>Project Diva F>Gravity Rush>Soul Sacrifice Delta>Tearaway>SK

U329Xvc.gif

Seriously though, those games I listed are all the game I'm definitely buying. SK is on my must haves.
You can play it after you play Project Diva.
But I'll never stop playing Hatsune Miku rythym game bullshit when I start.
And you haven't even played 999 yet.
You get back in that car and you stay in there until you play it!
Hey, I'm gonna end up getting around to it eventually, probably.

Man all this talk about EVA reminds me of when I first watched EoE. I found the original series too depressing to watch at times, and Shinji was my most hated character from any story. Ever. I get all the shit that he's going through and that it's pretty much the crux of the show, but GOTDAMN, I just cannot stand his unwillingness to man up! I get that his depression stops him from that, but it seriously bugs me that he never truly becomes the hero that Earth needs.

Anyway, back to EoE, I have mixed feelings about it. At times it's amazing, but then it gets more like the original series towards the end.
The scene where Asuka is fighting the mass production EVAs was incredible, by far my favourite part of the movie; but then at the end where everyone just turns into LCL...man, that shit was frightening. I find that the concept of LCL, of all humans becoming one entity of non/existence, the complete loss of individuality and the soul, and overall just the annihilation of our species...That shit scares the fuck out of me.

That being said, I really enjoy the Rebuild series. Shinji is still Shinji, but there are certain parts
like the end of 2.22
where he really started to shine. The battle scenes between the EVAs and Angels is where it's really at in the Rebuild movies. I can't wait to see what the final movie will be like.

360pages

So, how many of you are playing EO...

Seriously, either people love the series or hate the series. I ten to notice that a lot.

i will mind fuck some bitches(its in my name lol) if they dare talk bad about Senran Kagura
i legitemately enjoyed the plot damit
and no not their tits

360pages

Man all this talk about EVA reminds me of when I first watched EoE. I found the original series too depressing to watch at times, and Shinji was my most hated character from any story. Ever. I get all the shit that he's going through and that it's pretty much the crux of the show, but GOTDAMN, I just cannot stand his unwillingness to man up! I get that his depression stops him from that, but it seriously bugs me that he never truly becomes the hero that Earth needs.

Anyway, back to EoE, I have mixed feelings about it. At times it's amazing, but then it gets more like the original series towards the end.
The scene where Asuka is fighting the mass production EVAs was incredible, by far my favourite part of the movie; but then at the end where everyone just turns into LCL...man, that shit was frightening. I find that the concept of LCL, of all humans becoming one entity of non/existence, the complete loss of individuality and the soul, and overall just the annihilation of our species...That shit scares the fuck out of me.

That being said, I really enjoy the Rebuild series. Shinji is still Shinji, but there are certain parts
like the end of 2.22
where he really started to shine. The battle scenes between the EVAs and Angels is where it's really at in the Rebuild movies. I can't wait to see what the final movie will be like.

Honestly, in a lot of areas, I like rebuild more than I do the first series. Mostly because it was doing its own thing, it would have been a waste of time just remaking the series in HD and I probably would have skipped it entirely if it was.

Squishy3

like the end of 2.22
I still have no idea what the fuck happened in 3.33. That's like Evangelion before the director's cut episode levels of "I DON'T KNOW WHAT IS HAPPENING"

360pages

I still have no idea what the fuck happened in 3.33. That's like Evangelion before the director's cut episode levels of "I DON'T KNOW WHAT IS HAPPENING"

I really think 3.33 had a rewrite at some point. Though that's just me guessing, things seem off, the plot really doesn't connect well with 2.22 and there are entire scenes missing from certain sections and promotion.

Agent York

Neo Member
I was and am in a very similar place, just remember that if you ever need to talk, there are people here that will listen and try to help as best we can. Even if you are past that point, it can still help to talk. My experience with depression really brought the show up in my opinion because it allowed me to sympathize with the characters and connect with them.
Hey thanks man. I'm in a much better state now then I was then (family, self understanding, and actually knowing what is wrong with me helped a long way), but I still get relapses of depression time to time.

If I need something to say or talk about, it's nice to have a place like this with other people that understand where I'm coming from. In this day and age it is unsettling whenever I come across the groups or people who don't consider depression as a clinical condition, or hear people say that things like Asberger's and ADHD are made up.

JoJo94

From front to back street, listen, we on a mission
To get right, workin street corner in the midnight

Are people technically broke when you have no money?

I have a lotta people owe me a lot of money

I'm not sure. I'm not really broke of course, But I just have higher prioritize than games right now...except for the other half of those damn Tarot cards...I need those.

If you're in different states or countries that'll be pretty hard since you guys are broke.

Why are you bringin me down man!!!

Does anyone have tips about how to git gud at Bayo 2's combat, what weapon combos I should be using and all that?

Bat Within is a must skill. Save up for that parry accessory (the one that cost 200,000 halos) and git gud at witch time and dodge offset. My weapon loadouts so far are

1.gun hands/sword feet
2.scythe/the red and blue weapon things (I forgot their name)

One's a faster loadout and the other is a slower loadout with bigger range. Use the one that fits the situation best. You can go with almost any loadout tbh though.

I also like the uppercut skills (the one's where you jump then hit the kick or punch button to hit enemies higher into the air). You can keep chaining those to maximize damage and keep the combo going. Also, PKP is a short, quick, damaging combo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom