• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squishy3

if by some miracle you guys actually talk about d4 please spoiler tag stuff about it as i want to go in completely fresh for it on wednesday

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
How do you actually put a wall scroll on a wall?
tumblr_lpo537kvyA1qlpgdao1_500.gif

360pages

The writing forum overall is getting a little bigger with more members. That's always good.

Though this weeks selection hasn't been decided yet, (I still haven't been picked yet, but not big deal) I hope I get picked this week, but on the flip side I'm doing writing month, so I will still have something to occupy my time either way.

croten

D4 looks like the shit, it's got that wacky Swery charm just oozing out of it. I'm glad they're doing an LP of this because I was never going to get a chance to play it. Unless it get's a PC port in 5 years time.

Agent York

Neo Member
Oh sweet D4 playthrough.

If I can join in the Eva discussion, I feel that I connected with the show at a personal level at a young age. I wasn't able to understand much of anything that was going on, but I was going through a lot of things at the time that coincide with the series (
not being treated yet for clinical depression, feeling lost and lonely in the world, basically had no friends, was considering suicide, had yet to be diagnosed with the mental/social problems that I have, and thus was not getting the help and support that I needed, etc etc, very fun stuff like that
). Something in it just made me feel like I was not alone in it all. It of course was not until years later on reading plot synopsis that I actually understood what was happening, but at the age I watched it, there was something there on a primal level that held my attention.

I still need to go back and watch the whole thing myself, but I've got A LOOOOOOOT on my backlog before I reach that point.

Well, in other Swery news, I bought Deadly Premonition on Steam last night.

It was cheap and I figured I can figure out what makes this game so hype.
This is going to be rough.

Why didn't you get the ps3 version? I'm rooting for the ps3, but deception feels like it was made for consoles.
I'm on the go/on campus too much. From what I can tell it's just as good as the PS3 version, besides YouTube uploads of traps and resolution.
That's not Tearaway.
Nope. I got like 9 games I'm buying before I buy Tearaway.

D-don't you hate awful ports? That shit is gonna be terrible.

I'm in the weird position of do I watch it or don't watch it. I don't think I'll ever be able to play it because I don't think I'll get an Xbox One ever
unless I stop being a poor student
. It's probably only a short game anyway. I might watch it because there's nothing else to do and I'm not watching Guacamelee (because I want to play it).

Squishy3

The game is the hypest. Make sure you get DPFix. If you experience any crashes during cutscenes just restart your computer and it fixes itself somehow. Save often, because the game will likely crash often even during normal gameplay, but those are random and don't need a restart to fix.

Nope. I got like 9 games I'm buying before I buy Tearaway.

D-don't you hate awful ports? That shit is gonna be terrible.

As long as you buy Tearaway.

And it was like 3 dollars. And there's a fix. And I already expect that this is going to be terrible, so my expectations can't possibly be any lower.

Squishy3

And it was like 3 dollars. And there's a fix. And I already expect that this is going to be terrible, so my expectations can't possibly be any lower.
The game is a technical mess on consoles anyway, so it was to be expected. Just follow the steps listed in my post and everything will go as well as possible for you.

Zenfalcia

Sure.. have fun trying to make it work..

So, KF was too hard or did you just wanted to stop playing :p

I'm tempted to just wait and see what people say about Unfolded on PS4, but if that's not received well I'll just call it.

Fair enough. The game is great, it's just a shame the technical stuff gets in the way,
That's not
Senran Kagura
Deception>Muramasa:Rebirth>P2:IS>P3P>Project Diva F>Gravity Rush>Soul Sacrifice Delta>Tearaway>SK

The game is a technical mess on consoles anyway, so it was to be expected. Just follow the steps listed in my post and everything will go as well as possible for you.

Yeah, I already know about the fix. I'm still expecting the bare minimum.

This is one of those games that has a lot of little quirks, that I have to prepare for.

After countless deaths, I finally had enough money to buy the weapon I wanted, only to die immediately afterward.

I got butthurt, and I need to apply some cream.

Squishy3

The game isn't hard to make work, it just crashes fairly often. Saving often fixes that problem.

Yeah, I already know about the fix. I'm still expecting the bare minimum.

This is one of those games that has a lot of little quirks, that I have to prepare for.
There's some things that you wouldn't know about like when the game crashes during a cutscene that it will crash everytime at the same point in that cutscene until you restart your PC. I have NO IDEA WHY THAT FIXES IT BUT FUCK IT. It's probably the most important part of my post.

I'm tempted to just wait and see what people say about Unfolded on PS4, but if that's not received well I'll just call it.

Fair enough. The game is great, it's just a shame the technical stuff gets in the way,

Deception>Muramasa:Rebirth>P2:IS>P3P>Project Diva F>Gravity Rush>Soul Sacrifice Delta>Tearaway>SK

Where's P2:EP?

ultimax

I couldn't help but notice that SK was all the last on that list. Typos sure are crazy these days hahahahahahaha
what the fuck is SK doing last on your list

Honestly, since Unfolded is basically a complete remake, it's worthwhile to get both.

Also, I will shill for the game til the end of time. I think Tearaway is a wonderful exhibition of what the Vita is capable of, and it is adorable as all hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom