• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
you just commited the unforgivable sin of mixing Naruto and Korra
into the Woolie Hole you go

No! Rock Lee is awesome! Just because he's part of Naruto does not change that!

"Ninja is the highest status man can achieve. But I wonder why ninjas ceased to exist? Was it an ice age? Or the proliferation of the internet? This is an enigma I cannot resolve."
-Aigis

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
He went fast for your sins.
What a hero.
sonic06machdeath.gif

then hurry up and leave Sega and go to Nintendo already

I wonder what would happen if one of nintendo's top tier development teams, say the one that made Galaxy, made a sonic game? Is the base concept too broken? Or could the people who made the best 3D platformers in the industry turn him around?

I wonder what would happen if one of nintendo's top tier development teams, say the one that made Galaxy, made a sonic game? Is the base concept too broken? Or could the people who made the best 3D platformers in the industry turn him around?

The base concept is not 3d platformer friendly. Colors and Generations were the closest attempts at a good formula, but it wasn't sustainable, without an injection of creativity.

The concept for sonic works fine for 2D games. 3D is where it gets a little messy. I haven't played Lost World, but that formula seems like it would work well. Just needs some better execution.

The base concept is not 3d platformer friendly. Colors and Generations were the closest attempts at a good formula, but it wasn't sustainable, without an injection of creativity.

I might agree with you, if not for the gravity shit in Galaxy. Before that game came out, I would have said they were batshit for even trying to implement shifting gravity in a 3D platformer, but they make it intuitive and fun.

The concept for sonic works fine for 2D games. 3D is where it gets a little messy. I haven't played Lost World, but that formula seems like it would work well. Just needs some better execution.

This is what I'm saying. It needs in-house Nintendo levels of polish to work, but I think it can be done. It's almost definitely not worth it, of course.

I wish we would just get a game like Rush on the Wii U. Also Book 4.3
YO FUCK KUVIRA AND VERICK, that spirit vine shit looks so scummy. Also MILO LOOKS LIKE AANG TOO. ERRONE BE AANG.

I might agree with you, if not for the gravity shit in Galaxy. Before that game came out, I would have said they were batshit for even trying to implement shifting gravity in a 3D platformer, but they make it intuitive and fun.

This is what I'm saying. It needs in-house Nintendo levels of polish to work, but I think it can be done. It's almost definitely not worth it, of course.

Gravity was done in the old Ratchet and Clank games, to a point. Gravity was also a natural evolution.

Speed is very hard to translate. Sonic can't just control like he did in the 2d days, with his pinball physics. That's not feasible. Taking the speed out of Sonic is not an idea. Again, Colors and Generations were good starting points.

I don't know what a EAD Sonic game would look like. Polish would help, but polish can't make a broken idea good. Sonic is not an easy job.

Gravity was done in the old Ratchet and Clank games, to a point. Gravity was also a natural evolution.

Speed is very hard to translate. Sonic can't just control like he did in the 2d days, with his pinball physics. That's not feasible. Taking the speed out of Sonic is not an idea. Again, Colors and Generations were good starting points.

I don't know what a EAD Sonic game would look like. Polish would help, but polish can't make a broken idea good. Sonic is not an easy job.

Well, it's all speculation anyway. Nobody competent will ever touch Sonic again.

Old Rare could have saved Sonic.

Hell yeah man, it is due for a comeback.
I've been lurking since 6am waiting for a chance to hop in, I felt this lame joke was my best chance

I'm glad you took it. I hate the feeling of thinking of something to say and having to leave it because the conversation moved on

I still think Sonic 06 is more enjoyable than Shadow The Edgehog.

Now, that there may be an opinion, and I'm all for bashing the awful pile of shit that is Shadow the Hedgehog, but really? With the loading screens and the horrible bugs and the town segments, '06 is still more fun than Shadow the Hedgehog, a somewhat functional game?

-SickWheelchairCombos does not recommend or endorse playing either game, as side effects may include suicidal thoughts and horrible facial scarring-

Yeah, I definitely agree. I'd pick 06 over shadow also.

Both extremely terrible games, but the shadow game is so damn boring

Not only that, but the true final boss was so badly designed and it reused sounds from the previous games. At least the 06 final boss was interesting.

Now, that there may be an opinion, and I'm all for bashing the awful pile of shit that is Shadow the Hedgehog, but really? With the loading screens and the horrible bugs and the town segments, '06 is still more fun than Shadow the Hedgehog, a somewhat functional game?

Shadow didn't run perfectly either... I mean we're talking "two bowls of shit, the only difference is the smell" here.

Out of curiousity, what does everythink the worst part in sonic 06 is? The story? The game play? Level design?

Oof. Gameplay or Story, toss up between the two. I'd say gameplay since I can stomach a terrible story if the game runs good.

Zenfalcia

Out of curiousity, what does everythink the worst part in sonic 06 is? The story? The game play? Level design?

On the flip side, what's the "best" part of the game?

-SickWheelchairCombos does not recommend or endorse playing either game, as side effects may include suicidal thoughts and horrible facial scarring-

It's the camp factor.

On the flip side, what's the "best" part of the game?
The worst part about 06 is the level design. It doesn't flow well. It's not cohesive. It's sloppy. Even if the gameplay was competent, the level design destroys whatever it had.

The music is easily the best part of the game. The OST is so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom