• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now, that there may be an opinion, and I'm all for bashing the awful pile of shit that is Shadow the Hedgehog, but really? With the loading screens and the horrible bugs and the town segments, '06 is still more fun than Shadow the Hedgehog, a somewhat functional game?

Yes and the reason is that Shadow might be more functional, but holy shit is it fucking boring. Sonic 06, to me, is a game that's so bad it's good. I can have fun playing it just because it's so broken. Edgehog is just boring.

Out of curiousity, what does everythink the worst part in sonic 06 is? The story? The game play? Level design?

On the flip side, what's the "best" part of the game?

Worst part is the gameplay. Best part is the music.

Guys Shadow has 12 endings tho.
Out of curiousity, what does everythink the worst part in sonic 06 is? The story? The game play? Level design?

Core gameplay and camera is probably the worst part. You move so fast it's hardly playable. I guess it looks fine and the music is pretty decent, so there's the pluses.

ultimax

The worst part would be the fact that the game barely works at all. i had the PS3 version and oh my god the way it ran on the system made me wanna puke.

i guess the best part would be
nope, cant think of anything. i tried.

btw, is it still okay to like Sonic Adventure? im not gonna lie, i still get enjoyment out of those games even today

Best part is the music.

I will never understand how Sonic Team nails the music so hard in all these awful games. Crisis City ffs.

What do you think about the final boss?
It felt like it was a bit mediocre for Platinum.

They set the bar too high in Bayo. Awesome to see Omne though, and the reveal that Sages summon their beasts with Disco moves.

btw, is it still okay to like Sonic Adventure? im not gonna lie, i still get enjoyment out of those games even today

Sonic Adventure best Adventure. 2 was no slouch, but nothing beats Perfect Chaos.

yeah i acknowledge them as terrible. but the thing is i can play it right now and have fun with it. i dont know why tho. maybe its nostalgia or something, but i usually dont let things like that blind me

That's fine. There are several things that I know are terrible, yet set enjoy. Just because something is bad, doesn't mean it's not fun.

Hell, Deadly Premonition proved that.

The worst part would be the fact that the game barely works at all. i had the PS3 version and oh my god the way it ran on the system made me wanna puke.

I don't understand how people can play the first one. I recently played the steam version and the controls are jank as hell. Was the steam version a good port?

Squishy3

What do you think about the final boss?
It felt like it was a bit mediocre for Platinum.
I liked it, it was fine. It might be a bit of a letdown in terms of crazy final boss stuff but it was better designed than the Bayo 1 boss in terms of fighting it. The character design for it was awesome too. That final climax action was so satisfying as well.

Zenfalcia

The worst part about 06 is the level design. It doesn't flow well. It's not cohesive. It's sloppy. Even if the gameplay was competent, the level design destroys whatever it had.

The music is easily the best part of the game. The OST is so good.

The town segments are also poor levels, because it's just excess baggage. Some parts it's like they make it a "character action" game where you walk slowly and attack enemies.

Worst part is the gameplay. Best part is the music.

It's pretty bad that the first part they force you to do side quests to earn money to buy abilities. The town sections arent even fun.

Core gameplay and camera is probably the worst part. You move so fast it's hardly playable. I guess it looks fine and the music is pretty decent, so there's the pluses.

What about the final fantasy story? I have some gripes about it, but it's not as bad as the game i suppose.

The camera goes crazy at times and talking agout game play reminds me of a great game grumps moment. I wish i wasnt on mobile so i could link it.

I liked it, it was fine. It might be a bit of a letdown in terms of crazy final boss stuff but it was better designed than the Bayo 1 boss in terms of fighting it. The character design for it was awesome too. That final climax action was so satisfying too.
I thought it was funny how it'd have been an amazing final boss in any other game, but compared to other Platinum games it was weirdly just "alright".

Having to steer him into Jeanne's summon was fucking hilarious.

Squishy3

That's fine. There are several things that I know are terrible, yet set enjoy. Just because something is bad, doesn't mean it's not fun.

Hell, Deadly Premonition proved that.
Deadly Premonition also helps that it's gameplay is completely trivial. The enemies are so easy to kill, even before you get the infinite melee weapon of your choice and the infinite gun of your choice. It's why I've never finished Nier, the combat in that game is some hot fucking garbage and there's so much of it and a big emphasis on it.

I thought it was funny how it'd have been an amazing final boss in any other game, but compared to other Platinum games it was weirdly just "alright".

Having to steer him into Jeanne's summon was fucking hilarious.
Fitting that the final summon was Gomorrah. As it began, so it shall end. Bayonetta quoting the Lord of Light prayer caught me off guard. Also Jeanne's sunday best HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG

Emouse

Yooo just finished Bayo 2, one of the best games I've played this year for sure, that Star Fox Easter egg is great too

spoiler I guess
end boss was a little lacking compared to Bayo 1 but it was still a great fight

ultimax

I don't understand how people can play the first one. I recently played the steam version and the controls are jank as hell. Was the steam version a good port?
i never tried the Steam version, but if that version is similar to the "HD" versions that were released on PS3 and 360, then yeah its a bad port. The GameCube version is the best version of Sonic Adventure 1 and 2.
The camera goes crazy at times and talking agout game play reminds me of a great game grumps moment. I wish i wasnt on mobile so i could link it.

Are you talking about the part where sonic is running up a slope/hill kind of thing in the desert level, and the camera causes them to run into the wall over and over again? because that always happened to me lol. its impossible NOT to hit the wall

Zenfalcia

Are you talking about the part where sonic is running up a slope/hill kind of thing in the desert level, and the camera causes them to run into the wall over and over again? because that always happened to me lol. its impossible NOT to hit the wall

I'm being general since i've only seen LPs of it. :p Also for the game grumps thing i'm talking about a specific part where they are knuckles and stuck on a stalagmite or -tite?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom