• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

360pages

I'm really liking Untold now I've stopped story mode and went classic. I still love the concept of cute and cuddly furry creatures being the most badass motherfuckers who can easily one shot you dead. And I like my party, though I still think Paladins are lame.

Also the grimoire stone system is actually really neat. I hated it originally but now I see the potential in it. Shame I think the skills you get on the stones are random. I'm trying to make up for my lack of Alchemist by giving my Medic some elemental moves.

Oh and being able to jump to the stairs on each floor is weird. I like it because I can play it lame as fuck. But I hate it because I can play it lame as fuck.

Seriously Etrian Odyssey Untold is great. I'm so glad Persona Q is coming to Europe 3 days after NA. But I'm even more excited for Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold. It's only out next week in Nippon, so 6 months for us here? I hope that we get it as soon after NA like we are Persona Q
and I hope the reason we're getting Persona Q so soon isn't because it's a Persona game. That'd suck because I want Etrian.

I'm glad you're enjoying it. Persona Q looks to be really, good, but it's going to be far easier from what I can see.

That's weird, when I play sonic I want to kill myself.

u9hzZhk.jpg

360pages

Execpt sonic 1,2 and 3 were not about going fast

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mW-nMRZGpgA

I do think there is a balance between platforming and speed. Most of the handheld games get it down with gimmicks and what not. But once you head into 3D, that is when problems arise.

Sonic Lost world was very platforming heavy, to the point where there was very little speed in it.

Both Generations and Colors I think have the most balance between the two. Most people think the boost games are just boost to win, but that will get you killed quickly, hell it's recommended for you not to boost your first time through simply because you are going too fast to react to obstacles

360pages

Well, Sonic has to have some kind of appeal to last this long considering he is still the second most popular platforming mascot.

Ok, the comments on Dark Souls up till now didn't bother me but this.. This is just...

Did you guys know Woolie=DSP?

Well Woolie gots luck. Woolie also at least tries to git gud. Youtube comments are really the worst tho.

if you are in the states or have a work around its up on Hulu for free
http://www.hulu.com/persona-4

They don't have the dub tho. Nostalgia of playing P4 with the voices is worth it and dub is only worse than the sub due to Johnny Young Bocsh's voice is obviously both Yu and Adachi.

360pages

Yeah, it's crazy the sheer amount of hate Sonic gets, even from people who never even played the games. I'm not saying every game is good, hell in recent years there have been more bad than good. I guess people just like the games enough and it has an appeal that Mario can't always get to.

Well Woolie gots luck. Woolie also at least tries to git gud. Youtube comments are really the worst tho..

thats the worst insult anyone can ever say
This is the definition of overreacting, like Jesus, fuck, people. That DLC isn't challenging in a fun way even, just... Ugh.
I though I was jaded to YouTube comments, but I was wrong.
I get that feeling when I'm playing Mario Sunshine.
Oh yes, I agree with this so hard. Sunshine makes me want to die.

Well Woolie gots luck. Woolie also at least tries to git gud. Youtube comments are really the worst tho.

They don't have the dub tho. Nostalgia of playing P4 with the voices is worth it and dub is only worse than the sub due to Johnny Young Bocsh's voice is obviously both Yu and Adachi.

How do i switch to the dub on hulu? I don't see the option.

yeah I fucked up I guess, I was sure I watched the dub on there but I can't find a way to change audio tracks, sorry

360pages

Sunshine is just....blegh, it starts off alright, but somehow the further you get into the game the less fun it is. All that freedom to collect any of the stars you want in 64? Gone, you have to finish each world up to the 7.

The Hotel levels sucked, outside the cool boss fight, it was flat out awful boring and slogs. The levels are usually too long and a lot of the fluudless levels, while fun you usually had to do a roundabout way of getting to them.

It's one of my least favorite mario game, and is really low on my platforming games as a whole. Like, below Sonic Heroes.

It's one of my least favorite mario game, and is really low on my platforming games as a whole. Like, below Sonic Heroes.
Whoa ok, dial that back a few notches there.
Get ImprovedTube extension for Chrome > match these settings > profit.
I kinda like the comments when they're not stupid though...
That's like 10% of the time, but still. I wanna read them while the video buffers.

demidar

Sunshine is just....blegh, it starts off alright, but somehow the further you get into the game the less fun it is. All that freedom to collect any of the stars you want in 64? Gone, you have to finish each world up to the 7.

The Hotel levels sucked, outside the cool boss fight, it was flat out awful boring and slogs. The levels are usually too long and a lot of the fluudless levels, while fun you usually had to do a roundabout way of getting to them.

I, on the other hand, really liked Sunshine, but mainly because I loved its world and atmosphere. I find Noki Bay both serene and frightening. I do understand that the gameplay is not up to the usual Mario standard though, sans those Fludd-less levels.

360pages

Well that explains that.

Christ that's fucking excessive

Sonic Heroes is a mediocre game turned bad by horrible gimmicks, it's one of the few times padding killed the game hard. (Like Sonic Unleashed)

Sunshine, on the other hand I felt was killed simply due the very foundation of the game, and the choices they made with it.

because I loved its world and atmosphere. ... I do understand that the gameplay is not up to the usual Mario standard though, sans those Fludd-less levels.
Those are really good things about the game that are some of it's best points, if the whole game was the no-FLUDD levels I might've really liked it.
It's been a few years but saying it's bad is a bit excessive.
It's not actually a bad game, especially compared to Sonic Heroes, I just dislike it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom