• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

demidar

That and it's got about 3-4X the content of the original, which is insane to begin with.

I went do a run to see how fucked my character would be by the end but, uh, two floors in seemed to be enough.

0AHYPz0.png

I looked messed up after taking 3 Devil deals in a row.

One of them was a Brimstone so I steamrolled everything until the second final boss.

Mr.Towel

I downloaded Binding of Isaac last night and that's the type of game where I kept saying "oh, just one more run" for atleast 4 hours.

Late on the Isaac discussion, but this game is fan-fucking-tastic. The item balance is a lot better, the game is more stable, and less prone to breaking, and more item combinations are viable. And the artstyle, especially in motion, is gorgeous. The greatest combination of adorable and depraved.

If you have a Vita/PS4, it's free on PS+, and you should have an obligation to play this masterpiece. The game isn't for everyone, but you should still give it a chance.

I downloaded Binding of Isaac last night and that's the type of game where I kept saying "oh, just one more run" for atleast 4 hours.
When I'm on a winning streak, I never want to stop playing.

You should. It's a great game. My only complaint with the vita version is that it's a little dark. Makes it hard to see some enemies.

That and it's got about 3-4X the content of the original, which is insane to begin with.

I went do a run to see how fucked my character would be by the end but, uh, two floors in seemed to be enough.
There's no Gamma slider or brightness? I guess it's sorta free for me to get it through PS+ so I won't complain.
I hope I can get over my dumb hurdle of hating projectiles keeping your characters momentum.

croten

There's no Gamma slider or brightness? I guess it's sorta free for me to get it through PS+ so I won't complain.

I hope I can get over my dumb hurdle of hating projectiles keeping your characters momentum.

There is gamma slider in the PC version at least.

There are some items that change your projectile like technology 1 or 2 and turn your shots into something like a laser

demidar

The game would actually be quite difficult if you couldn't bank your shots. Some enemies would just whoop you if had to stay in their cardinal directions.

Or you could get lucky and find a homing projectiles item.

The game would actually be quite difficult if you couldn't bank your shots. Some enemies would just whoop you if had to stay in their cardinal directions.

Or you could get lucky and find a homing projectiles item.
I might just suck at using my momentum in tandem with my shots. I'll give it another shot with rebirth.

croten

Goddamn it! Danganronpa 2 is on sale on the PSN store in the EU and I'm going to buy it right now, as the PSTV will be released somewhere next week, but Danganronpa 1 is still not compatible with the European PSTV (though it naturally is with the JP and US versions).
Guess I'm going to have to watch an LP of that. Do you guys have any recommendations as to where I should do so? I really wanted to try out the first game anyway, but it seems that won't be possible.
Also, I'm having second thoughts about SMTIV.

YO WHAT!? THAT'S FUCKING AWESOME!
However, that's so awesome that I think it's probably an error.

Stay strong Mara! Stick to your ideals!

These Naruto Spoilers man. Jesus christ masashi kishimoto, i don't know about this ending... it's the ending I wanted but... I need Woolie's insight on this bullshit.

Goddamn it! Danganronpa 2 is on sale on the PSN store in the EU and I'm going to buy it right now, as the PSTV will be released somewhere next week, but Danganronpa 1 is still not compatible with the European PSTV (though it naturally is with the JP and US versions).
Guess I'm going to have to watch an LP of that. Do you guys have any recommendations as to where I should do so? I really wanted to try out the first game anyway, but it seems that won't be possible.
Also, I'm having second thoughts about SMTIV.

YO WHAT!? THAT'S FUCKING AWESOME!
However, that's so awesome that I think it's probably an error.

There is an anime you know, but I heard it sucks as an adaption. I still kinda liked how the story went tho. Is the game that much different from the anime?

Zenfalcia

There is an anime you know, but I heard it sucks as an adaption. I still kinda liked how the story went tho. Is the game that much different from the anime?

It was ok for the story, not so great to show the game play. The story should be the same but you lose a lot of other minor details.

The actual story beats are the same, but the pacing is completely fucked and they leave out a ton of details that make the cases make no sense. Also, you barely get to know the characters which are by far the best part.

Xiraiya

pic of the movie characters for Naruto The Last from 4 chan
http://i.4cdn.org/a/1415166353725.jpg#?1#?1#WebrootPlugIn#?1#?1#PhreshPhish#?1#?1#agtpwd
spoilers so viewer discresion is advised

No one has found a source for where the kids come from yet, that second child Kurenai has seems suspicious to me, who would the father be.
I don't feel like Kishi would do that because Asuma died before the boy was born and he and Kurenai had an on-going relationship throughout the entire series and even when they were young.

So it's a bit weird.

Edit: Manga spoilers back up the character art

Zenfalcia

Yeah and that's what I'm not willing to sacrifice, which is why I'm hoping there's a good LP floating around that gets the most out of the game. I'd much rather play it myself, but that's apparently not going to happen for practically no reason. The hardware is the same, the game isn't region locked, but the game isn't "unlocked to play" on the EU PSTV.

If you want bare bones story, watch the anime, there was a lp of dangan ronpa on SA. I think that was decent?

Xiraiya

What happened to Shikamaru? Aren't they in a relationship?

If they were, it's been entirely off screen/off panel, Shikamaru's around, he was one of the better characters in the war because of his strategies,
but there has been enough of a mutual thing of them getting along that I assume they probably might someday.

By the way, am I the only one who rarely got Pure Platinum trophies the first time I went through Bayo 2 (2nd Climax)? I mostly just got Gold (most frequent) and Platinum (less frequent) trophies, with only the rare Pure Platinum trophies for short fights or challenges. Some of the enemy attacks are really fucking difficult to dodge flawlessly when you don't know what they're gonna do. Would it be better to replay it and aim for Pure Plat or just up the difficulty?

SA?
My first time through on 2nd I got that same array of trophies, but I'm nowhere near skilled. I would say you should do 3rd Climax. It's significantly more challenging. Going for rankings is a much less fluid experience than beating a sequence since you're repeating stages trying to get your time and combo up. Not to mention the 3rd Climax completion reward is rad.

SA is SomethingAwful forums. It's where video LPs were invented. Edit: Beaten, but at least I replied to two things.

Nope nope nope, I don't like that either. I greatly prefer a video showing in-game content, though now that I think about it, I doubt I'll be able to find something like that.

Let's play of Visual Novels are usually terrible, since it's all text and shit, you could look for a Long Play, which is just the game being played with no commentary. Those are pretty common.

Late reply, but there is not. At least none that I know of.

Speaking BoI, I remember one time I completely fucked over Zen's run by giving him false information like a dick. Gave me a good laugh.

Zenfalcia

Late reply, but there is not. At least none that I know of.

Speaking BoI, I remember one time I completely fucked over Zen's run by giving him false information like a dick. Gave me a good laugh.

Dammit why did you remind me.. WHYYY..

i was so close to beating
satan, i think

Is it just me, or are the D4 videos making the site's player shit the bed even more than it usually does? Even on 360p, I get horrible video/audio desync, but all the other videos work "fine" (keeping in mind that the site's player is pretty shit in terms of quality).

And continuing this, look at the hype retailer DLC for Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris:
The Hitman and Tomb Raider Legend skins look good... but the Deus Ex one. Woof.

I'm a huge Human Revolution fan, and it works on the one guy, but... wooooooow. Also those in game effects are gross.

croten

Becuase it was like 1 am and I was really bored. #NoRagrets.

It's not that bad. Still, I hope they add an in game brightness thing.

That shit wont work on me, I know BoI to a science

It's definitely there on PC, I don't know why it isn't on Vita. Wait... are you feeding false information again? I got you now you bastard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom